Happy birthday

Too Much That It Hurts

Tiffany and Jessica were in a stationary and goodies store near Tiffany’s house. The eye-smiled girl begged her best friend to accompany her after school times to look for a new lunch box since her mother recently has been scolding her for buying too much snacks in school.

“Jessie, this is your stuff..” Tiffany said as she picked up an A4 sized sketchbook. Jessica just chuckled at her.

“It’s been so long since I last doing some sketches, Tiff. I guess I have lost the touch.”

“Oh come on, Jess. You usually bragged on and sent me photos of your sketches back then when you’re still in States. Just buy this, okay? I want to see you drawing in real life. ” She demanded, then pushed the book to the ice princess. “By the way you can use this beautiful best friend of yours as the model.”

Jessica rolled her eyes but then took the book and stared at it for a while before, “Okay, I’ll try.”

 

Jessica’s POV

After a while we arrive at the meal goodies section. Tiffany is busy to eyeing every lunch box, before finally she pick up two boxes and turns to me. In her right hand is a blue lunch box with Totoro’s picture and in her left hand is the Hello Kitty one. Kiddo.

“Jessie, which one is best?” She asks me.

“The Totoro one looks cute.” I recommend.

“But it’s not pink!!!!!” Geez.

“Okay, choose the pink one then..” She looks at the Hello Kitty lunch box.

“But it’s not Totoro!!!!!!” Oh. My. God.

“….”

“This is hard! The Totoro one is not pink! And the pink one is not Totoro! Why God gives me such a huge dilemma???!”  What. The. .

“....”

“Jess, why don’t you give me a ing suggestion!”

“YAH!” I glare at her with an annoyed face.

“Oh I know!” And she just ignores me.

“….”

“I will ask the employee if they have the pink color for the Totoro one! Wait here, Jessie. I’ll go asking the employee.”

I sigh as she leaves. Having nothing to do, I start to eye the goodies that the store is selling. They all looks cute and colorful, matching with kids wants. Suddenly a thing catches my attention.

 

This.

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“….. and he looked so stupid when she open the box! You should see his face, Babe! Hahahha Jiyong oppa will never be able to escape from my prank!!” Yuri’s voice was out from Jessica’s phone loudspeaker.

“Hehehe.. You should stop pranking him before he throws you out from his house, Yul.” Jessica blurted out a few giggles, trying to sound interested with Yuri’s story.

It was almost midnight when Yuri called. Because her hands were doing something, Jessica put the phone on loudspeaker mode and placed it on the table. While trying to still cope with what Yuri said, she was busy with a pencil in her right hand and an eraser in her left hand, concentrating on the sketches she was making.

“Oh, by the way. It seems like tomorrow I can’t visit you at school again, Jess.”

“Oh. It’s okay, Yul.” Jessica answered, but then stunned for a while. She put her pencil down for a while. “Uhm.. Yul.. Actually…”

“Yes, Babe?”

 

After tonight’s silent moment with Sooyoung, she has been sure that she’s falling, she’s in love with the latter. And she swore that Sooyoung was worth to fight for. But all the condition she had with Yuri here was stopping her needs of the freak nerd billiard stick. She realized that what Tiffany said yesterday was true, that she couldn’t wait Sooyoung to do something when clearly the girl had already known Yuri had been and still owning her. She was so determined to tell what she felt for Sooyoung. But first, she had to clear all the things she had with Yuri.

 

“Babe?” Yuri asked again since she noticed Jessica has been silent.

 

“Actually I-“

 

“KWON YURI!! YOU HAVEN’T SLEPT IN THIS HOUR?” Suddenly a male voice shout heard from Yuri’s side.

“Oh my God. It’s Jiyong oppa. Call you later, Babe. Bye. Love you!” And Yuri hung up quickly.

 

Speechless, Jessica gasped a little before let out a sigh. ‘It’s alright. It’s impolite breaking up on the phone anyway.’ she thought. She grabbed her pencil again and started continuing what she left.

 

 

00:01

Click

Jessica stopped the movement of her pencil for a while after hearing the sound of a door opened. It was not far, probably from Sooyoung’s door. ‘Maybe she is hungry and about going to the kitchen.’ She thought. But before she could continue to sketch again, she heard Sooyoung’s sleepy voice from outside, accompanied by the sound of steps.

“Hold a second, Yoong. I’ll come down.” And soon after that, the steps become smaller. ‘Yoona is here? In this hour?’

Lucky for Jessica, there’s a window in front of her study table. From that window she could see exactly to the front part of the house. She put her pencil down on the table again and slowly opened the curtain. Soon after she could see, on the terrace there is Yoona with an opened white box she was holding with an arm in front of her chest, while her other hand is holding a small size trumpet. From the box, there were some lights from the candles. It was probably cake below them.

After a while, Sooyoung appeared. As soon as Sooyoung opened the door, Yoona blew her trumpet to the latter’s face. After a few blow, she took it off from and said something to Sooyoung. Sooyoung seemed to awaken from her sleepiness and laughed at the younger’s action. She then bowed a little to blow the candles on the cake and…

 

Jessica held the curtain and closed it back while exhaling.

 

It’s already February the 10th

 

She back to sit on her chair, looking at her half done sketch, then turn her face into smile. She grabbed her pencil once again and continued to the work again.

 

06.29

After fixing up her ponytail, Jessica went to her bag, checking if no books left to bring to school today.

 

‘Knock knock’

 

A couple of knocking on her door made her stopped for a while.

 

“Wanna go to school together?” Sooyoung’s voice made a smile crept on her face.

“It’s okay. I’m still getting ready.” In fact, she was already done getting ready.

“Alright.” By that Sooyoung walked downstairs, left the house, and began to cycle her bike to school.

 

Hearing there was no sound of steps anymore, Jessica opened her door carefully. After peeking downstairs and making sure Sooyoung had left, she walked back to her room and took a small box covered by gift wrapper under her bed, then sneaking quietly to Sooyoung’s bedroom. After opening the latter’s door, Jessica walked towards the study table and put the box on that.

Since the mission accomplished, she planned to go back to her room to get her bag and go to school. But before turning around, she noticed that on the other side of Sooyoung’s table there was a CD case above a gift wrapper. It was Ne-Yo’s best of the best album. There is the artist’s signature and unusual sticker seen in the cover which written ‘LIMITED EDITION’. Above the CD, there was a cute card with Rilakkuma picture in front of it. Curious, Jessica picked it up and read what’s in.

 

Listen well, ara!
Happy birthday, Chu Unyie :3

Love,
Yoong Baby Im

 

Jessica frowned, looked at the CD, then looked at the box she had just put beside it, comparing them. She put the card back to the first place it was, and left Sooyoung’s room.

 

 

15.15

“I’m having some meetings with student council people. You have your spare key, right?” Sooyoung asked Jessica after they were out from the class.

“Neh. I’m going home first then.” Jessica bid goodbye and left the taller girl.

 

 

19.53

Jessica was sitting on couch and frequently took glances at the front door. ‘I guess they are having fun so much right now.’ She thought. Earlier Tiffany told her that they would be going to give Sooyoung a little birthday surprise once the meeting over. She even asked Jessica if she would like to join the event. But Jessica said no, because she thought it would be awkward if she joined, since she isn’t a member of student council.

 

Beep Beep

 

She looked at her phone and noticed that a message just arrived.

 

From : Choisoo

I’ll be home a little bit late.
Just lock the front door if you want to sleep, I bring the spare key.

 

Jessica then chose the reply option.

 

To : Choisoo

Ok. Have fun :)

 

After yawning once, she stood up and went to her room.

 

 

21.02

Holding the house key tightly, Sooyoung climbed the stairs to get to her room. Closing her bedroom’s door, she rushed to the bed and lay down. She took a few seconds staring at the ceiling, tried to erase the tiredness. After a while she sat up, walked to her table, then opened the drawer, and threw the key into it.

As she closed the drawer, she noticed there was a not-so-big box wrapped by gift paper on her table. She shrugged her shoulder and picked up the box. Sitting again on the edge of the bed, she started to un-wrap the paper gift carefully. She smiled as she got some clues about what was inside the box as she finished un-wrapping it.

Sooyoung opened the box and took out a bottle inside it. A drinking bottle with Toy Story’s Woody on it. It might look a bit childish but she liked it since Woody is her favorite. She then put the bottle on the table as she noticed there was a rolled paper inside the box. She took it out and untied the ribbon that strapped it. As she open the paper, she saw a sketch of herself doing a back kick in a taekwondo uniform. The sketch is so good it resembled the original.

After take some times getting amazed at the sketch, she flipped the paper and found some writing.

 

Don’t forget to bring water during exercise, match, or sparring.
Happy birthday

And thank you.

 

Sica

 

Sooyoung smiled again.

After putting the paper gently inside a map, she placed it in the drawer.

 

 

 

 

The next morning

 

Jessica’s POV

 

‘Knock knock’

 

I grunt on my bed trying hard to be fully awakened. After a while, I sit up on the edge of the bed. I glance at the clock. 07.35.

 

‘Knock knock’

 

Geez. What does she want on this early Saturday? Jinjja.

 

I fix my hair a little before walking to the door and open it. There I see Sooyoung standing with an opened navy shirt with plain white t-shirt inside and brown jeans. I’m getting irritated seeing this. Where the hell will she go again this time? Date again? With her Yoong again? As I’m about to ask, she talks first.

“You just waken up?”

“Neh.” I answer with a little sleepy tone.

 

“Shower then.” Eh?

 

“Mwo?” I furrow my eyebrows.

 

“Put on some comfortable clothes. We will go in 30 minutes. I’ll be waiting downstairs.” She said as she turns her back and starts walking. I shout at her before she can’t hear me anymore.

 

“Soo..”

 

She stops her steps.

 

“Where and what?”

 

“….”

“….”

 

 

 

“Hang out.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

What kind of 'hang out' is that? :P