Make up your mind

Too Much That It Hurts

“Yul?”

 

Jessica was frozen for a while after Yuri hugged her tightly. That’s until Tiffany said from behind them.

“Yul? Oh… That Kwonyul?”

 

Jessica and Yuri who were surprised by that question pulled their hug.

“Do I know you?” Yuri asked confusedly.

“Hi, Kwonyul. I’m Jessica’s friend who answered your call yesterday.

“Oh, I see!” “What?” Yuri and Jessica said in the same time.

Tiffany looked at Jessica with what-is-what face.  Jessica sighed and then looked at Yuri.

“I’m sorry, Yul. Gonna talk to this creature first.” Then she grabbed Tiffany’s wrist and pulled her some steps away from Yuri.

 

“Tell me.” Jessica demanded, glaring coldly to Tiffany with her arms crossing in front of her chest.

“Tell you what?” Tiffany asked blankly.

“The ‘call’ that you said before, duh! What call?”

“Aaah!” Tiffany finally got it. “OMG, Jess. Sorry I forgot to tell you. Yesterday when you were in the bathroom in my house, someone with the name Kwonyul called your phone. It’s her, ain’t it?”

“And what did you say to her?”

“I said you were in bathroom, duh!”

Jessica sighed again and face-palmed. “I’m so dead..” She mumbled

“What’s wrong?”

“Tiff, she-“ Jessica was about to explain when Yuri cut and grabbed her hand her.

 

“Babe, let’s go to some restaurant. We have many things to catch up.”

“BABE??” Tiffany’s eyes widened hearing the nickname.

“Yul, my first class is about to begin. Yes we need to talk, but not now.” Jessica answered, ignoring the no-idea Tiffany.

“Okay, when?”

“After school, is it okay?”

“Well then, I’ll just wait. After that we can have a date, right?” Yuri asked happily.

“DATE??” Tiffany shouted again, making the two others startled. Jessica smiled awkwardly to Yuri, “We’ll see.” Then she grabbed Tiffany’s arm.

“What is this about, Jessica Jung?!” Tiffany whispered vigorously, glaring her best friend.

Jessica ignored that again then said to Yuri. “See you!” After that she pulled Tiffany towards class.

 

“Yah!” Tiffany pulled of Jessica’s hold on her arm on the way to classroom.

Jessica sighed again “Okay, okay. I’ll tell you later on lunch break okay?”

 

“You better, Jessie. I need to know. The. Whole. Thing.”

 

 

Jessica’s POV

Tiffany is now staring at me, who is still gulping my orange juice. Okay, correction, she has been staring at me from the time our foods arrive until now.

“Okay.” I start, looking at her. “Yuri…” I look at her again.

“Just continue. I’m listening.” She says with her both arms crossing on the table and her eyes never left mine. I somewhat feel like a thief that’s interrogated by a police officer.

I sigh.

“Yuri… I met her back then in States about one and a half years ago. But she was not from the school I attended to. She was doing homeschooling. She’s such a fun person. We met exactly in a bus when I-“

“Jessie.” Tiffany cuts me. “I’m more curious about your relationship with her, not the first meeting story of you both, nor her curriculum vitae.”

I look at Tiffany, then close my eyes for a while, before saying, “She was my girlfriend.”

“Was?” She furrowed her eyebrows.

“Tiff, I thought we were over already the day I fly to Korea!”

“Oh, Jessie. Seriously!!!” She’s surely annoyed with my answer. Okay, I myself will be annoyed if I were her.

“Okay. Okay. That’s my fault, I know. I should’ve made it clear before.” Tiffany face-palms that.

 

“And, Tiff. She’s actually the reason I was sent here.”

“You mean?” She asks.

“How do I say this.” I scratch my hair. “So my scores in school went down since I quite often skipped classes to go out with her. My father got so angry getting some bad reports from my teacher about my attitude that’s why. Of course I don’t mean to put the blame in her. I mean, she’s a very fun girl to be with. I enjoy every single second with her. She can make me happier than all boring school stuffs. And…” I look at Tiffany before continue and she is now looking at me with what-the- face. I smile awkwardly.

“Jessie, whatever the reason is, that’s still wrong.”  She says sadly.

I sigh, again, and close my face with my both palms, frustrated. “I know..”

 

“What’s your planning then? Keep being that Kwonyul’s girl?” Tiffany asks after a while.

“I don’t know..” I say with the same frustrated tone.

 

“And what about her?”

“Who?”

Tiffany then turns her head to the right side. “Her.” I see Sooyoung is having lunch with Yoona, sitting close to each other, and chatting happily. They look good together. I smile weakly.

“What about her?” I ask Tiffany as if don’t know what she means.

“Jess. I know you.” I look back at her.

 

“You are slowly falling for her.” She gazes at my eyes. It takes me seconds before answering that,

 

 

“I’m not, Tiff.” I deny.

 

Tiffany groans hearing my answer. “Argggh.. Whatever, Jess. I hope you can make up your mind soon.” She then stands up, getting ready to leave, but not forget to say to me.

 

“And the time you can make up your mind for what you will do,

I hope it’s not too late.”

 

Then she left me, exiting the canteen. I press my forehead onto the table and her words ringing repeatedly.

 

 

 

 

 

“And the time you can make up your mind for what you will do,

I hope it’s not too late.”

 

 

Damn.

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri’s POV

Dreamily, I’m looking at the beautiful princess who is now the McDonnald’s ice cream. I never get tired to pay attention to her. Noticing my stare, she starts the conversation.

“What are you looking at?”

“You.”

“Is there anything in my face?”

“Neh. There is one thing.”

“Where?” She asks confusedly while trying to find if there is any food left. I giggle.

 

“There is one thing on your face, Jessica. And that is perfection.”

 

She rolls her eyes. “As flirty as ever, Kwon Yuri.”

“Don’t you believe me?” I pretend to frown.

“No.” She says plainly, then she sticks out her tongue to me, making me laugh. “Your pick up lines are getting worse, Yul.” She pouts.

 

God, what do I do to deserve an angel pouting in front of me?

 

“Why do you have to be so cute?” I say while pinching her left cheek. I don’t know why but she blushes after that. The cold ice princess just blushes, Dude!

 

Jessica’s POV

“Why do you have to be so cute?” I blush hearing the word ‘cute’ in Yuri’s compliment.

 

“Cute.”

 

 

The scene when Sooyoung mumbled, and the image of her smiling awkwardly, appear and keep repeating inside my head.

 

Sooyoung.

 

“Tock tock tock, is anybody home?” Yuri knocks my forehead using her index finger and looks at me seriously.

“Yah!” I pull away her hand and glare at her.

“You seem so stress. Does school give you too much pressure?”

 

“No, actually. School makes me happy.” Because I met a person who makes me happy there.

 

Yuri rolls her eyes. “Yeah. Yeah. That’s why you preferred to hang out with me and skipped classes back then.” She says sarcastically. I just smile at her.

 

“Yul, what are you doing here actually?”

“Me? I’m hanging out with you in McDonnalds, ain’t I?”

“Yul!” She smirks. “I mean why did you fly to Korea?”

 

“To meet my girlfriend of course.” Smiling, she taps my right cheek, which a while ago she’s pinched.

 

 

 

Yul. Seriously. Don’t make it hard to me.

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“And how about your school there?” After a while, Jessica asked seriously. “And where are you staying here?”

“Oh you must forgot, my Jiyong oppa is in Korea. I’m staying at his house.” Jessica nodded her head. “And for school, don’t worry, I can just take one semester leave.”

“Yul…”

“Or should I just move to your school?” Yuri said while spontaneously holding Jessica’s hands on the table, left her girlfriend speechless. “That’s a good id-“

“Kwon Yuri!” Jessica pulled away from her hold and said with sad face. “When will you take studying seriously, really?”

Yuri leaned her back on the seat.

 

“I’m fun like this. Why should I change?”

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

Eomma, Jessica, and I have finally arrived back at home. We had just ushered Auntie Jung to the airport because she has to go back to States. Along the way, towards the airport and back home,  Jessica and I didn’t talk a single word to each other. Honestly after the appearance of that Yuri girl, I avoid any interaction with Jessica. The moment she said Jessica is her girlfriend, I feel sad and mad, and that annoyed me so much. That feeling annoyed me so much because I realized I shouldn’t feel like that, should I?

“Soo, Jessica, you can both go first. I will park the car first. Here’s the key.” Eomma overs me the key.

I smile at her. “I will come in with you, Eomma. You can just give the key to her.” Eomma looks at me blankly, but then just looks to where Jessica is sitting in the back seat and overs her the house key. “Jessi-“

“I’m going in first, Aunty.” She says quickly while taking the key. From the mirror, I can see she stares at me for a while, before finally opening the door car and going out.

 

Jessica’s POV

“I will come in with you, Eomma. You can just give the key to her.”

I somehow feel sad by those words. I notice that Sooyoung had been avoiding me the whole day. I don’t know why exactly. But everything feels like turning wrong after Yuri’s encounter at school today.

“Jessi-“

“I’m going in first, Aunty.” Before Aunty Choi finishes her sentence, I respond while taking the key. I take a last glance at her daughter before exiting the car.

 

As soon as I arrive in front of my bedroom door, I stop. To make way to her door, Sooyoung should pass my room. I’m standing here and waiting for her, hoping to clear up all the things.

She’s finally seen upstairs. She looks so fine in her red flannel shirt. She looks fine in anything by the way. It’s annoying how seeing her still makes my heart beats faster even in this situation. As she notices my presence, she quickens her pace and looks away.

She just walks through my body. But before she’s way too far, I grab her wrist.

 

“Are you avoiding me?”

 

She turns around to face me and pulls away my hold on her. And I never expect that losing her touch like that can make me feel that hurt.

 

“What do you think?” She asks.

“…..”

“.…..”

“Is this because of Yuri?” I ask bravely, which makes her finally looks at me.

“What makes you think like that?”

“Soo, Yuri is-“

“She is your girlfriend, I know.” I widen my eyes.

“What. How-“

“She told me. Earlier in the morning.” I gasp. “Right before she hugged you.” She adds. I can feel jealousy in her voice. No. I must be hallucinating.

 

“Listen, Soo. Yes, she is my girlfriend but-“

“Jessica.” She cuts me making me frown. She doesn’t call me Sica anymore?

“..…”

“You don’t need to tell me anything.” She says plainly.

“……”

 

 

 

“It’s not like we are something to each other.”

 

She looks deep through my eyes before finally leaving to her room, ignoring my presence.

 

 

 

 

“It’s not like we are something to each other.”

 

 

“Yes. You’re right, Choi.” I mumbled.

 

Then a single tear fall from my eye.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgive me okay :""""""""D