Start new (FINAL)

Too Much That It Hurts

Hello, guys. Finally we have arrived in the end of the story.

I want to apologize if the ending is unlike what you wish for :( I've tried so hard tho.

And I wish this story won't mess up your bias list :")

And I wish you won't hate any character in this story too (and please don't hate me too) :")

 

Thank you for all your attentions, the supports, the comments, everything. Since this is my very first story, I feel so thankfull to you, yorobeun my readers! THANK YOU THANK YOU :"D

 

See you when I see you!!!

 

Let me present the final chapter.........

 

 

*******

FINAL CHAPTER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Taeyeon! Can’t you be a little faster?!” Jessica said seriously while shaking Taeyeon’s  right shoulder from behind.

“Yah, Jessie! We are already fast! It’s dangerous you know!” Tiffany who was sitting in the front seat beside Taeyeon, who was driving, scolded her best friend.

“I’m sorry I’m too afraid to accelerate the speed, Jessica. I don’t have my license yet. Just be patient.”

 

“How can I?? It’s nine minutes to midnight already!!” Jessica said frustrated as she face-palmed herself before mumbling, “I don’t want to lose her anymore.”

 

 

 

flashback

 

Jessica looked at the ticket and passport, then at Krystal and Yuri. Then again she kept silent for while looking at the flowers in her hand.

 

“Unnie.” She looked at her dongsaeng who called her. Krystal smiled sweetly before hugging her older sister. In her hug she whispered,

 

 

“Choose wisely, but don’t ignore your heart.”

 

Hearing what Krystal said, Jessica remember the words Sooyoung wrote in the letter.

 

Choose what makes you happy.

 

 

She looked at the wallpaper on her phone, and it’s Sooyoung. Oh well, if Sooyoung just confessed that she was an unconscious stalker, maybe Jessica was the conscious one. She liked, loved, to candid all the things Sooyoung was doing. Only God knows how many Sooyoung’s images in her phone gallery. Who could stop someone who was in love anyway?

 

And if the question was what her heart desired, or what makes her happy, she was having no doubt that it’s Choi Sooyoung itself. People might think that she must be crazy for loving a girl whose heart was torn in two. She must be stupid for accepting even if she’s just given a little bite of Sooyoung’s feelings that left after the girl gave her love to someone else. She must be a masochist for letting Sooyoung hurt her heart over and over again.

 

 

 

But what could she do?

 

 

Everyone would always see Sooyoung as the selfish one. She wanted to own both of the girls. And a girl had become a victim because she couldn’t own Sooyoung the way the latter owned her. But Sooyoung was never at fault, because she wasn’t the one who asked to own Jessica from the start. Jessica was the one who offered herself to be owned by her. She gave every right for Sooyoung to do whatever she wanted to her.

 

And hurt?

 

 

What was everyone know about hurting?

 

 

Don’t teach Jessica about that. She knew how it feels to be hurt, she knew too well. But some people don’t know, and don’t want to know.

 

 

Yes, it hurt her for not being able to be the only one Sooyoung could give her heart to, for not being able to be the only one she could give her times to, or for not being able to be the only one she could give her smiles to.

But the hurts are doubling, tripling, or even much more, when she couldn’t see Sooyoung just like now. The hurt for having to share her with other woman was nothing against the hurt when she couldn’t keep the girl in her sight anymore. It hurt more with the thought of forgetting the girl, the thought of not being able to see her even just in dreams, the thought of not being able to remember her name anymore even her heart always did.

Sooyoung’s presence was like oxygen, so don’t even try to take it from her. Jessica couldn’t breathe ever without it.

 

 

 

She looked at Krystal and smile.

“Thank you, Baby Jung. Saranghae.” She kissed the dongsaeng’s forehead. “Sent my regards to Eomma and Appa.”

 

The younger Jung smiled as she supported whatever Jessica would choose.

 

“Taeyeon, come on drive me!” Jessica called the shortest among them but she already started to walk fast, away from all of them.

 

“Yah, Jessica! Your suitcase!” Yuri said, making Jessica turned around.

 

“Oh, that… Tiff, please bring that to Taeyeon’s car!” She said quickly before continued her steps again.

 

 

“Yah! We aren’t your slaves!!!” Taeyeon and Tiffany shouted together.

 

end of flashback

 

 

 

 

Ckiiiit!

 

As Taeyeon’s car stopped in the destination, Jessica quickly jumped outside and started running with her bag slung on her and the bucket of white roses in her hand, ignoring Tiffany’s calls from the car. Here she was, on that road, where Sooyoung once saved her from a drunkard man, where they had great arguments under the rain, and where she unpredictably confessed to the latter for the first time.

 

The road was next to a very big bridge which connected to the highways. From the side of the river, ones could see the beautiful night city lights under some post lamps. Jessica kept running and running along the road, then to the sides of the river, looking around back and forth. She couldn’t care about her shivering legs that she has been using much more than usual today. She couldn’t care about her irregular breaths and how cold the air was.

 

 

She ran and ran, until finally she stopped, after seeing someone’s back who was sitting down on the bench, under the lights of the post lamp, facing the river and city lights. Besides that bench was a very familiar bicycle. And there was a balloon, which the string’s tied around the handlebar of the bike. Jessica sighed relieving that the one she wished to meet was still here. She then started taking steps towards the bench, but stopped after the girl who was sitting there spoke without even turning around.

 

“You’re late by 15 minutes.”

 

 

Jessica bit her lower lip.

 

Why am I always late to come to her?

 

She hung her head low, not realizing that Sooyoung was already standing less than a meter in front of her.

 

“Sor-“ She wanted to apologize but the latter cut.

“Sica.”

 

The said girl raised her head to face the caller.

 

“Earlier today I had a date with Yoona.” Jessica tried to hide her frown by looking away after hearing that.

 

“I know.” She mumbled but loud enough to be caught by Sooyoung’s ears. The latter smiled.

 

“Yoona. That girl.”

“…….”

“She taught me much about love.”

 

Jessica’s heart was crushed, but then Sooyoung continued.

 

“She taught me to love is to give, no matter how hard it will be. She taught me to love is to be sincere, not looking back how much you had given to the person. She taught me to love is to hold on what your heart’s telling you, ignoring even everyone think that you are too much.”

“She taught me, that if ever a person loves us and we love that person as much, no matter how bad the situation is, we should go for it, we should do something right.”

 

Feeling angry of what Sooyoung’s said, Jessica gritted her teeth. Her fists clenched, shivering. What’s the point of her choosing the nerd, running so much, not mentioning that there were tears in between her so called journey before, if what Sooyoung’s gonna do is telling story about Yoong over and over again.

Letting other tears flew from her eyes, she gave up looking away and turned her head to look at Sooyoung’s eyes directly, before shouting,

 

“Is it only Yoona all you want to talk ab-“ But Sooyoung didn’t let her finish.

 

“But then finally she taught me, if we love someone, even so so much, but the person couldn’t reply as much love as we gave her, we gotta set her free, to make it right with someone else.”

“……..”

“Someone whom she loves deeply and has the same love to give her.”

“………”

 

 

 

“So then she let me go. And told me to go after you. To make things right.”

 

 

Jessica put a blank face as tears still running on her cheeks.

 

 

 

 

“Jessica Jung, I love you.”

 

“I promise to keep your hand intertwined with mine when it’s cold. I sign my body to be beside you every time it gets too lonely. I will hold you close when the darkness comes so no one can steal you away. I will protect you from any harm that tries to come touching you. I will treasure you behind my back and tell you to hang on close to me when I fight with anyone who hurt you.”

 

“I will kick any robber who sneaks inside my house and tries to separate us while being tipsy..” Jessica smiled remembering those moments. “… but no. Not if that’s your eomma.”

Jessica chuckled a bit in between her sobs. Sooyoung flashed a small smile before continued.

 

“I will wait until you wake up in the morning before doing my daily activities. I will stay beside you showering you with kisses until you open your eyes. I will, Jessica. Even if you will stink in the morning and take like forever to let go of your lovely sleep. I will. Even if you push me down from your bed because you think that I disturb your sweet dream. I will keep coming.”

 

“Because, Jessica, I will not let you enjoy your dream. I will not let you drowning in a sweet dream while I don’t have one, I’m selfish like that. I don’t have a dream, Jessica. I don’t want any dream, I don’t need them.”

 

“Because trust me, once I get you in my life, every second of reality will be better than any dream.”

 

 

 

 

The Jessica Jung gulped.

 

 

 

 

“So, I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m sorry for taking so long to tell you everything I keep inside.”

 

“I’m sorry for making you drop your pride first to make the alarm ring inside my head that I love you too.”

 

“I’m sorry for ever letting go something I’ve known I could own, I should own.”

 

“I’m sorry if loving me having your heart breaks in pieces, sending you into countless times of crying sessions, leading you to be a person with so much hate in her heart because you don’t want to trust anybody anymore.”

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

 

 

 

“That’s why this time I want you to listen.”

 

 

 

 

“Jessica Jung, please listen to me very carefully.”

 

“This time I sacrifice myself to let go off my agony. I insist to take my heart out and give it for you to keep.”

 

 

 

“I love you.”

“I’m freaking in love with you.”

 

 

“I’m freaking in love with you that I keep thinking of you even when I dated Yoona. I’m freaking in love with you that I want to punch Yuri whenever she kissed you, hugged you in front of my eyes. I can’t sleep at night thinking of how you waste your time with her and not me. I hate to remember that I’m the one who ever told you to go with her, to tell her to protect you next time you’ll be in danger. I should’ve told you not to. I should’ve assured you that I’m the one who will do that. I’m the one who will keep you save.”

 

“I’m freaking in love with you that, if you don’t know, I’ll tell you, it hurts me too.”

 

 

Jessica tried to wipe the tears from her face with the hand which was not holding the flower. But no, the tears, they kept coming out.

 

 

“So, Jessica.”

 

“If by chance your heart hasn’t change from that day, please tell me.  If the love you have for me still hurts your heart so much, please say so.”

 

“Because I’m ready now.”

 

“I’m ready to catch it before the bruises get wider. I’m ready to hold on it before it sinks deeper. I’m ready to heal the pain and give you the honor to take the revenge. To hurt mine as much as you wish.”

 

 

 

 

“But if by chance it turns to nothing.”

 

“If by chance the hurts was too much for you to handle and has already erase me, you can ignore all these words.  If your heart cannot possibly forgive me, if I’m not worth your future to spend with, I’ll understand. I promise I will leave. I promise I will let you choose your life.”

 

 

 

 

“Because, Jessica Jung. Trust me.”

 

“I just want that hurt in your heart to go away.”

 

“With or without me by your side.”

 

 

 

Done.

It was time for her to wait for Jessica’s responds. Sooyoung waited, and waited, and waited. But after a while, the latter didn’t speak any words.

 

Jessica just looked at the taller one with her still wet face after all the tears. And Sooyoung couldn’t read that expression, she hated it. She thought that maybe the girl has already been disgusted with her. That maybe Jessica could not forgive her for her sins. And who was she to force her.

She sighed.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I guess this is just mindless dreaming of mine.”

 

 

Those were the last words before she turned around and planned to leave, but not before in the moment Jessica slipped her arms to circle around Sooyoung’s waist, pressing her body and wet face tight to the latter’s back.

 

 

 

“Where do you think you are going, Choi Sooyoung?”

 

Sooyoung stopped her step and let the girl continue talking in her hoarse voice.

 

“I might not good with words and can’t talk as much as your sweet bulls a while ago.”

 

“But I just wanna tell you.”

 

“I wanna tell you that my heart has change.”

 

Sooyoung frowned at that statement.

 

“That I love you not as much as I loved you that day.”

 

“I understand.” Sooyoung tried to let go of Sica’s arms in her waist.

 

“Shut up and let me continue.” That makes Sooyoung stiffened and let go off the hands.

 

“I don’t love you as much as that day.”

 

“because the love has grown much more.”

 

 

“The love has grown despite how you hurt me. It has grown despite the times you ignore me.”  

 

“Because every pain you caused me only made me realize that I just don’t have a heart to revenge. That only made me realize how I can’t do nothing except looking you from afar, wishing you’d be mine someday. That only made me realize that I would be okay to be hurt if it’s you who is the culprit. That I would be just fine, even if you kept sending those pains to me. That I would be alright as long as you are still alive.”

Jessica exhaled.

 

“So if you wanna try to fix all those hurts, please do it now.”

 

“If you wanna hold my heart before it sinks deeper, please keep it tight.”

 

 

“Because you don’t know.”

 

“You don’t know how much the damage you cause me to love you.”

 

“Sic-” Sooyoung whispered but to be cut quickly by the latter.

 

 

“This time I won’t let you go.”

 

“Because I don’t know if I can handle this anymore.”

 

“And Choi Sooyoung..”

 

“Don’t you ever”

 

“ever”

 

“ever”

 

“ever dare”

 

“to give up on me again.”

 

She then made Sooyoung’s body to turnaround and quickly grabbed Sooyoung’s collars. By that, she pulled Sooyoung’s face down and pressed her lips to the latter’s, ignoring how her tears could wet Sooyoung’s face.

 

Sooyoung widened her eyes upon the surprised kiss but later reciprocated it gently while holding Jessica’s neck. Under the post lamp with the scenery of city light across the river, they stayed like that, felt how to own each other completely finally.

 

 

After a while they pulled off and smiled to each other.

 

 

 

Sooyoung then held the other girl’s hand and lead her to sit on the bench, before saying, “Now you can open the boxes I gave you before.” She smiled while caressing Jessica’s hair.

 

Jessica quickly took out all the boxes and opened them one by one. She then found that each box filled with a puzzle-shaped of chocolate that might connect to each other. Busy with that, she didn’t realize that Sooyoung was leaving for a while to take something in her bicycle.

After connected the chocolate puzzles, Jessica could read the sentence which engraved on them.

 

I love you Jung Soyeon

 

She smiled and held the tears for not falling again, upon another flattered feeling she got. She then called the latter to say a simple thank you, “Soo…” But when she raised her head she couldn’t find the latter.

 

And so then suddenly the one she was looking for already kneeled in front of her, who was still sitting on the bench. On her hand, she was holding the string tail of a helium balloon Jessica has seen before. And in the end of the string, a silver colored ring has been tied. Jessica gasped at that.

 

“Sica.”

“…….”

“I’m really serious of what I said before.”

 

“I want to make you happy.”

 

“I want to fix all my bad acts.”

 

“So can you please imagine this balloon as everything we had in past? This is all of my mistakes, our mistakes. This is all my sins. This is what I wish I didn’t do.”

 

“Help me to untie this from the ring and let the past go.”

 

 

 

“Let’s start new.”

 

 

 

“Then you’ll be mine and only mine. And then I’ll be yours and only yours.”

 

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung who was smiling sheepishly before untying the string from the ring while sobbing quietly. And by that the balloon flied away to the sky along all the hard feeling, all the sad tears, the deep pains she ever felt.

Just then Sooyoung took Jessica’s hand and slipped the ring to her finger, while one of Jessica tears drop on the ring.

 

Jessica hasn’t got her time to wipe her happy tears before Sooyoung led her to stand together.

 

The taller girl then cupped the American’s cheeks, before kissing the tear under her left eyes while whispering, “I love you.”

Then she moved to the tear under the latter’s right eyes, kissed it and whispered again, “I love you.”

And then finally went to her lips, pressing them with hers and mumbling louder in the kiss.

 

 

“I love you, Jessica Jung. So much.”

 

 

Jessica’s face was madly red and her heart was thumping fast, the usual things when she was near Sooyoung. As their lips separated, she was quick to hug Sooyoung tightly and hided her face in the latter’s chest.

“I will kill you if you leave me again.” She mumbled there, making Sooyoung smiled.

 

“I won’t. Not anymore.” She kissed the top of Jessica’s head. “Not when I know that I’ll be dead by myself if I do that. I’ll be dead without you.”

 

 

 

“Let’s go home. Eomma will surely scold me.” Sooyoung said after they pulled out the hug. Jessica nodded in between her chuckle.

The nerd then brought her bicycle and told her love to hop on the passenger seat, and she did. But before starting to ride it, she plugged the earphone on her phone and wore them on Jessica’s ears, leaving the girl surprised. Sooyoung then searched for a song from the list and pressed play, before putting the phone back to her pocket and finally paddling her vehicles towards home.

 

On the other hand, Jessica was smiling wide hearing the song. She then wrapped her arms around Sooyoung’s waist, enjoying the song, the night city lights, and of course the sounds of their both thumping hearts.

 

Thinking how the story goes, you’re helpless and I’m wishing

Put the film inside my mind, but there’s a big scene that I’m missing

 

As I re-read my lines

I think I said this, I should’ve said that

 

Did you edit me out of your mind?

Cause in the flash you had disappeared gone

 

Before the curtain falls and we act this out again,

Maybe I should risk it all and say

 

That I’m officially going on the record to say I’m in love with you

I’m officially everything you hope that I would be

This time I’ll tell the truth

 

I’m officially wrong, I know

For letting you go the way I did

Unconditionally more than I ever was before

I’m officially yours

 

Traveling down this road again, gotta make a few decisions

Don’t want you to feel this hurt again

That’s why I’m hoping that you’ll listen

 

If you let me press rewind

I’ll rehearse every word I should have said

Cause girl I’m ready to make things right

Here on the stage so we can move on

 

And before the curtain falls and we act this out again

Missing pieces are resolved, so stay

 

I’m officially going on the record to say I’m in love with you

I’m officially everything you hope that I would be

This time I’ll tell the truth

 

I’m officially wrong, I know

For letting you go the way I did

Unconditionally more than I ever was before

 

Things I should have said

Like I appreciate the times that I spent with you

Inspired me to the smile I put on your pretty face

 

My world comes alive, now I know

This time I’m not letting go

Cause I’m officially yours

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

on the other side of the road, in the Council President’s car

 

“Yah, Tippani! Wake up!” Taeyeon said as she shook Tiffany’s shoulder, but the latter has just gone in a very deep slumber. She even snored.

“Aish.. Where’s this Jessica going really?” The midget mumbled frustrated.

They had been calling the said girl’s phone for countless times but not even once answered. And the situation worsened when Tiffany finally collapsed asleep on her seat, leaving her and Jessica’s suitcase alone staying awake.

 

Feeling tired and asleep, unconsciously Taeyeon’s face slowly fell down and pressed the horn of the car, making a noisy sound in the middle of peace night in neighborhood.

 

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN!!!!!

 

Just then an ahjumma was out from a house not far from where Taeyeon parked her car. She glared at Taeyeon, who has just awaken by her own fault.

 

“YAH! WHAT TIME YOU THINK IT IS??!”

 

Taeyeon quickly went out and bowing repeatedly at her, “Miyan.. Miyan..”

 

 

 

*credit to Officially Yours (Craig David)*

- END -