Break up

Too Much That It Hurts

It was just another sunny day in Choi residence. Looking simple yet neat in her t-shirt, Sooyoung came out from her house while humming Coldplay’s Paradise. She walked towards her bike with a small rag in her hand. The smile never leave her face as she remember her so called hangout yesterday with Jessica, as she was doing some cleaning on her vehicle. And the thought of the next hangout today was more than enough to make her heart beat faster. In between her fantasy, she heard a female voice calling her from outside.

“Choi Sooyoung!”

As she turned her head to the voice, a familiar figure smiled at her while waving with a bunch of red roses in her right hand.

 

Jessica’s POV

“Is this good?” I talk to myself looking at my ponytail style in the mirror.

“I guess I’ll just let it untied.” Then I untie my hair and check the mirror again.

“But is she.. like a neat style lover? Since she is a nerd? And this is like, museum-date?” I chuckle at the phrase ‘museum-date’ I just said. A date with a nerd to a museum. Cute. 

“Should I tie this again?” I grab my hair again and start to get confuse.

“Naah.. It’s better to let it fal-“

 

Knock knock

 

The sounds of knockings making me smile. That’s fast. I look at the mirror again. “Fighting, Jessica! You are ready for this day!” I whisper to give myself encouragement, before walking to the door and opening it. As I open the door, I see her already looks simply fresh. But her face is a little bit unhappy, I wonder why. Doesn’t she like my hair style? I should’ve tied it like yesterday! Or is it my clothes? I frown.

“Uhm.. Jessica, there’s someon-“

Before she can finish her sentence, a person walks towards me and holds my cheek then pecks my forehead. I’m stunned.

 

 

“Yul?”

 

“Happy second anniversary, Babe!” She says smilingly while giving me bunch of flowers.

 

 

I’m still in dazed of what’s happening, when she says something again.

 

“Are you going somewhere? You look quite…. neat? It’s unusual for you to wake up early on Sunday.”

 

“A-ah.. I…” Yuri then looks like she has noticed something. She turns her head to Sooyoung. I follow her gaze and bite my lower lip as I realize that Sooyoung has been watching all of these scenes before.

“Sooyoung, you are also neat. Are you two planning to go out?” Definitely!

“Actually-“ I look at Yuri and try to answer but Sooyoung cut me.

 

“No.”

 

What?

 

I look at her with questioning look.

 

“Actually I’m going to enjoy some quality me time since it’s been so long I did it.”

 

“Oooh, that’s a relieve then. I thought I messed up your planning.”

“No, of course no.” She smiles at Yuri and avoid my eyes. How can you smile in this situation? “I’ll go then. Have a nice day!”

“Well, have a nice day too, Sooyoung!” By Yuri’s words, Sooyoung turns around and take steps away. I clench my fists at the look of her back walking away.

 

But after some steps she stops, “Oh and…” before looking at us.

 

Say it, Soo….

 

 

 

 

 

“Happy anniversary..”

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

Plung

 

It was the fifth small stone I threw to the river after a while. Noticing there is no other stone near the place I sit, I chuckle.

 

What have you been thinking, Sooyoung?

That she maybe has a feeling for you?

 

What a fool, with a single peck on the cheek, I thought that maybe I’m not the one who has been disturbed by the weird feeling every time I see her. I thought that maybe I’m not the one who can’t handle my heart beat or even breathe every time we met. I forgot that someone has already owned her. That maybe the peck was just a way for thanking me to a simple hangout.

 

Stupid

 

Suddenly my phone vibrates as a sign someone’s calling. I take it out from my pocket. Yoong.

 

“Yeoboseyo..”

“Yoong?”

“Oh.. Sorry.. Did I disturb your sleep? You sound sleepy.”

“Ah, aniyaaa. What is it?”

“Okay then. Hmm I just want to know if the proposal of school festival is with you?”

“Oh, neh. I have it in my room, Taeyeon asks me to bring it since it’s left in the meeting room.”

“Oh I see…”

“You need it?”

“Something like that, hehe. Can you bring it tomorrow?”

“Gladly.”

“Thank you very much, unnyie.” I smile hearing her aegyo. “Okay then, I’ll hang u-“

 

“Yoong!” I cut her goodbye.

 

“Neh?”

 

 

 

 

“Are you free right now?”

 

Jessica’s POV

“Aaah! I’ve never tried that one! Let’s go!”

Yuri pulls my wrist after pointing somewhere else when we are still sitting in the carousel.  Yes, we are in a theme park right now. Yuri said we should have a great date to celebrate today. And I agreed out of the blues because when she asked, I was still in dazed and sad for my messed up date with Sooyoung.

I scold myself for being too drowning with all lovely moments with Sooyoung yesterday that I didn’t realize that I’m still Yuri’s girlfriend. I should’ve cleared all the things with her first before I begin something with Sooyoung. And I determined to do it today. I can’t wait any longer or I will mess up more the things that already messed up in a first place. But the thing is, from the very start we arrived here, Yuri never give me a chance to have a talk. Of course I just can’t spill it to her in between her excitements to play. We have to talk in a more decent way and place. I’ll just wait until she’s a little tired and ask her to talk in some café or coffee shop then.

But after a while, she doesn’t get tired at all. I decided to grab at her arm before she enters another game.

 

“Yul, haven’t you been tired?”

“Not yet. Wae? Have you?”

 

“Not really. Just a little thirsty. Let’s go to coffee shop first. Besides, I have something to talk to you.” I explain, by which making her a bit concern with my words.

 

“Talking about what?” She asks seriously.

“Let’s go to somewhere first, okay?”

 

She is silent for a while.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Yeah, let’s go!” I pull her, but she resists.

 

“But….”

“What?”

 

 

 

“Two more games!!!” She says as she runs away and left me dumbfounded.

 

 

Yoona’s POV

I’m standing in front of a historical miniature in a room of the new museum behind our school. Altough there are so many interest things to look in this place, I can’t take my eyes of the tall girl in front of me who is now looking so serious reading the caption of a picture of people in past era.

 

How can a genius bookworm look so attractive?

 

“Yoong..”

 

Those eyes behind the glasses

 

“Baby Im..”

 

Those cheekbones

 

“Yoona..”

 

The pointing nose

 

“Aloha, Im Yoona..”

 

I feel a couple of palms are tapping my cheeks.

 

“Are you alright? You are zoning out so much.” She says right in front of me. I blush at the short distance between our faces. And I can say she doesn’t help so much and make it worse by pressing her forehead with mine.

“Are you having a fever? Your face is so red.” She says in that position, making her breaths tickle my lips. Afraid that she will hear my beating heart, I pull back.

 

“N-No. I’m okay.”

“Okay then. Keep focus from now, okay?” She smiles then ruffles my hair. “I don’t want anybody to kidnap you from me.” She says lightly, without knowing that sentence accelerates my every speed of heart beat.

Earlier, Sooyoung unnie asked me to accompany her to the newest museum located near our school. Since I don’t have anything to do today, I gladly accept the invitation. Of course. How can I reject an invitation from someone I always want to be with every single day, hour, minute, and second?

 

 

Jessica’s POV

I slurp my caramel macchiato while waiting for Yuri taking her order. I tap my palm repeatedly, a little bit nervous about what I will say to Yuri. How would I say that? Is it okay with her? Is this a bit too much, since today is our anniversary day? I face-palm myself. But I have to do this sooner or later, don’t I? I don’t want this situation happen too long. I want to stop all these lies I’ve been in with Yuri. She deserves to know the truth and find another person to love. A person who can love her as much as she loves the person. And above all, I need Sooyoung to know what I’ve been feeling for her, as much as I need to know whether she feels the same way for me or no.

“Yah!” She says while giving me a light push on my back, making me choked.

“Yah! I’m choked!” I scold her, but she just laughs as a reply.

“Hahaha sorry. I just feel like pranking you because you look so deep in thought.” I hit her back as she walks to her chair, then sit down with ice cappuccino in her hand.

I look at her and wait for her to enjoy her drink. Confused, she looks back at me blankly.

 

“Wae?”

“…..”

“…..”

“Yul.”

“Hmm?”

“I want to say sorry if what I tell you after this will make you mad.”

“….” She watches every word that out from my mouth.

“And I can understand if you’re going to hate m-“

 

“Just say it..” She cut me again. I deeply inhale.

 

 

 

I’m sorry, Yul.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m about to open my mouth when she speak first.

 

 

 

 

“You want to break up?”