I'll wait

Too Much That It Hurts

It’s been one month or more and the relationship between Sooyoung and Jessica was still not going anywhere. They still acted lovey-dovey to each other, especially when they were in home. All the time Sooyoung has been trying hard to think of excuses to let go from Yoona. But Jessica didn’t worry about anything. She didn’t mind the latter’s status, how she’s owned by another person. She only wanted pieces of attentions from Sooyoung, it didn’t matter if they were loves or pities. She didn’t care. She was blinded.

“Go to class, first. I have something important left in Taeyeon’s classroom.” Sooyoung said as her right hand caressed Jessica’s bangs and her left hand held the girl’s right hand. Jessica nodded smilingly. Jessica planned to separate and turnaround towards the class, but Sooyoung’s didn’t let her hand go.

 

The taller girl pouted. Jessica raised her eyebrows and mouthed ‘mwo?’ just to see Sooyoung looked right and left, making sure no one was around. The nerd then lean her face in front of Jessica’s, turning it a little to right side, and pointing her very own left cheek.

 

Understanding what she wanted, Jessica blushed. The American gave a light peck to that awaiting cheek and quickly turned around to run away from Sooyoung, feeling shy. After chuckling satisfied, Sooyoung turned around too towards Taeyeon’s classroom.

Along the way to Taeyeon’s classroom, the tall girl couldn’t stop smiling. She was in love, but unfortunately not with her girlfriend. Hell, she was sure from the first time that it was Jessica she’s ever wanted. Why did the situation come to this?

No one could know how much she wanted to be with Jessica from that day or even before. But she know she had something to deal with Yoona first. Sooyoung was feeling hard to break the younger girl’s heart. However the girl is as important. How could she ask for separate their ways when she was the one who asked the latter to be hers in the first place? And besides, she had promised not to let Yoona down. She’d been always scolding when Yoona cried, so how could she be the one to make her cry now. No. It was a big no. She couldn’t let Yoona cry.

 

Yuri’s POV

I finally come here again after some vacation with my oppa. By here I mean Jessica’s school. Okay, we have broken up, but that doesn’t mean I can visit her sometimes, right? So here I am, enjoying myself walking along the school corridor early in the morning.

As I walk down, I see two figures from far, and I know who they are already. One of them is shyly giving a kiss on the other’s cheek before quickly turning around and running. After they separate, I approach the one who gave the kiss then surprising her by tapping her shoulder.

“Hoi!” I say, making her startled. She then place her hand on her chest before glaring at me.

“Oh my God! Yul! You should learn to make a normal appearance when seeing me, you know!” I just laugh at her words. After a while I choose to after what I’ve just seen.

 

“I see someone’s getting some progresses in her love life?”

 

“W-what do you mean?” She asks pretending to be clueless, but of course her blushing face says otherwise.

“You know.. That peck on cheek earlier..” I point my cheek and lean my face nearer hers, imitating Sooyoung’s gesture a while ago.

“YAH!” With the blush gets worse she pushes away my face, whining. I just laugh again seeing her so love struck like that.

 

“Jess!” I hear a familiar voice calls her. “Oh, hey Yuri! You’re back?”

“Hey Tiffany. What’s ‘you’re back’? I never go anywhere.” I respond and chuckle at her words.

“Hahaha been a long time not see you visiting here.”

“Know right..” I smile, before turning to Jessica which I find looking for something between the papers in her hands.

 

“Oh, sh*t! Guess I left my note book in the locker! Yul, Tiff, wait me here okay?!” She says hurriedly before dashing leaving us.

 

 

“Ouch, that careless long time best friend of yours, Tiff.” I say to Tiffany.

“Yeah, that stupid ex-girlfriend of yours, Yul.” She responds, making both of us laugh after.

 

 

Not long after Jessica gone, I see Sooyoung walking to our direction. She doesn’t see us so I plan to call her. But before I can do so, the next scene making me stunned. Someone comes suddenly back hugging her, before finally turn her around and peck her. On lips.

 

“What the .” I mumble, but Tiffany is smart to catch.

“What?” She asks me but soon understands as she follows where my eyes is seeing. “Oh..”

 

Oh?

 

I turn to Tiffany before asking. “They’re still together?”

She hesitates but answer. “Hmmm. Y-yes?”

“But just before I see Sooyoung and-”

“-and Jessie?” She cuts me.

“You know?”

 

She gulps.

 

“……”

 

“That Sooyoung is using Jessica for her own good?”

“…….”

 

I look at the couple again. As I see they separate their way, my eyes follow where Sooyoung’s going.

 

 

 

Bastard.

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

“I found  you!” I say as see the note book after opening my locker. I take it then hold the locker door to  close it. As I close the door, I hear a voice calling me with plain tone from beside me.

 

“Jessica unnie.”

 

 It’s Yoona. She is calling me but her eyes still on things on her locker.

 

“Oh, Yoona. Hey.” I answer while smiling awkwardly.

 

“I have something to talk to you.” She continues. Her eyes are still not on me. I don’t know but somehow I feel a little scared.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

She closes her locker, and stop on the standing position with eyes, still, on the locker. It looks like she doesn’t plan to meet my eyes. She sighs before saying another words.

 

“I hear some rumors.” She stops. “About you and Sooyoung unnie.”

 

Damn.

 

She then turns to look at me, staring deep into my eyes.

 

“I don’t care if it’s true or false. But I just want to tell you something in case you haven’t known.”

“…….”

 

 

“I don’t like to share what’s mine.”

“……..”

 

 

 

 

 

“And that’s included my Sooyoung unnie.”

 

 

 

 

My heart gets hurt as she said that, reminding that Sooyoung is hers in front of me. It’s as if I don’t have chance to have a part of her love. As I look down, I bit my lower lip and my eyes start to get teary. As I plan some words to say to responds her, a voice interrupts me.

 

 

“Why are you so scared that someone would steal your girl-friend? You better ask that PERFECT girl-friend of yours not to flirt with other girls.” The voice owner says as she walks beside me, looking at Yoona seriously.

 

“Yul!” I whisper as pulling her back by her arm, afraid she will make some scene.

 

“Oh, hi Yuri.” She then looks back at me, then at Yuri. “I heard you both have broken up.”

“…….”

“And?” Yuri said annoyed, rolling her eyes.

I can feel she’s a little mad, especially at me for not telling her the situation. I tighten my hold on her arms, trying to decrease her anger.

 

Yoona looks blankly.

 

 

“Are you both, by chance, getting back together?”

 

“O-of course n-“ I want to answer but Yuri cuts.

“Yes. And your problem is?”

 

I widen my eyes and turn to Yuri. But before I can scold her, a voice that I love so much heard. And I’m almost sure that my nightmare comes once again after this.

 

 

 

“You both are together again?”

 

 

 

 

There she is. With a blank face staring at me and Yuri blankly.

 

“Oh my God! We’re so happy for you two.” Yoona says looking at us as she hugs Sooyoung’s waist from the right side. “Right, Unnie?” She asks Sooyoung, who is now having an eyes battle with me.

Her eyes stared deep into mine, like asking many question. I even feel like I can hear a big ‘why?’ from those eyes. I look back at her eyes, scared. Scared if I will lose her once again, even I’ve never had her in fact.

I want to explain that this is just another stupid misunderstanding. But there is Yoona. If I burst all out here, that will be the end of us. So I just shake my head a little, hoping she will understand the sign.

 

 

 

 

 

But no.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Of course.” She says with anger burning in her eyes, which are still on mine.

 

“Congratulation.”

 

 

 

My heart sinks deep as she left away with Yoona.

 

Again. She left.

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

I walk hand in hand with Yoona, not long after the final bell rings. I choose to get some times with her and send her home after the bad moment in the morning which included Jessica and Yuri. Getting back together, huh? When I was turning my brain upside down to think how to let go of Yoona, she got back together with that girl? She even acted like nothing happened along these times.

 

Jessica, why so cruel? Is this your way to reply my mistake?

 

Suddenly, I feel my phone in my jacket pocket vibrating. I take it to find I have a new message.

 

From : Jung Sooyeon

Soo, we need to talk :(

Please wait for me in front of the school gate. I’m now still in the class.

I’ll be fast I promise. Please wait.

 

I notice my battery is low so I press the reply button quickly.

 

To : Jung Sooyeon

I can’t. I’ll send Yoona to her house.

 

After that I place it again in the pocket. But not take a minute to have it vibrate again.

 

One new message

 

I press the open button, but that time the wallpaper is off. The battery is dead. Sh*t! That’s okay. At least I have informed her that I can make it right. So I put back the phone in the pocket.

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

Sooyoung was rushing to enter the door of her house. She trembled by the hard rain before that pouring on her body as she rode her bike. The girl came home late in the evening because Yoona asked her to have some hangout in a café first. They had been there for a while because the rain also poured when they were there. After the rain stopped, they continued to Yoona’s house. But the rain started to pour again on her way back home. Fortunately, it got harder only when Sooyoung was already in her house yard.

 

“Hey, you come finally?” Mrs. Choi sai as she see Sooyoung.

“Neh.”

“Where’s Jessica?” Sooyoung turned at her mother.

“She hasn’t been back? Maybe in Tiffany’s house.” She said calmly.

“No. Tiffany even had called here a while ago asking for her. I thought she was with you, so I said so.”

 

The answer from Mrs. Choi sent Sooyoung stunned. She quickly rushed to the home telephone, and opened the phone book next to it. After finding Tiffany’s numbers, she punched the button.

 

“Yeoboseyo.”

“Jessica is not with you?”

“Oh. Hey Sooyoung. No, she is not. Eh? She is not with you???” The eye smiled girl bombared the others with question.

“Is she probably with Yuri?” Sooyoung ignored the question.

“No! I chatted with Yuri first but she said no, she was not with her. I thought she was with you!”

 

She then remembered Jessica’s request to meet before. Sooyoung took the cell phone from the pocket and realized it’s still off.

 

 

Stupid phone!

 

 

“Damn..” Sooyoung mumbled before hung up and put the phone back, leaving Tiffany dumbfounded on the other line.

 

The tall girl rushed to take a charger and plug it to her phone, before pressing the on button on it. She knocked repeatedly at the floor, trying to release her worried. Not long after that the phone started to be alive.

 

10 new messages

 

She quickly opened them

 

 

14.02

From : Jung Sooyeon

It’s okay. I’ll wait until you come back after sending her :)

 

14.46

From : Jung Sooyeon

Soo, I’m here in front of the gate :)

 

 

15.33

From : Jung Sooyeon

It’s raining. So I move to in front of stationary shop next to school because it have a little roofs in front of it.

Hey you’re not riding, right? Don’t ride when it’s raining, it’s slippery. Just wait until the rain stopped. I’ll wait, don’t worry ^^

 

16.23

From : Jung Sooyeon

Soo, I know I should’ve waited for you to say this. But I want to explain that what Yuri didn’t mean what she said earlier.. She was just not in a good mood I guess :(

We were never getting back together, Soo.

 

 

17.00

From : Jung Sooyeon

I’m sorry :(((

 

17.38

From : Jung Sooyeon

I love you

 

17.39

From : Jung Sooyeon

You know that, right? :(

 

17.41

From : Jung Sooyeon

Please come if you forgive me. I’ll wait :)

 

18.26

From : Jung Sooyeon

The rain starts to pour again. :(

 

18.33

From : Jung Sooyeon

I know you will come.

I’ll wait :)

 

 

Sooyoung looked at the time on her phone. It was already 19.01.

 

 

Sh*t!

 

 

 

 

She quickly ran outside not minding her mother who shouted, asking where she was going to go in the middle of the rain. The girl took her bicycle and started to ride towards her school in the middle of the hard rain, where a person probably still be waiting for her.

She kept accelerating her speed, so in no time she was already in front of her school gate. Looking around, she finally saw the figure she was looking for.

 

Sooyoung ran towards and stopped just in front of her just to see the other girl hugged her own body. Trembling, stood in front of the stationary shop as she exactly said before.

 

She was there. She was there all along. How long have she wait under the rain? Why so bold?

 

All Sooyoung’s questions on her heart were not answered by her, except by a genuine smile and a simple sentence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I know you will come.”

 

 

 

 

Right after saying that, her body fell by its own, unconscious. Sooyoung was quick to catch her.

 

 

 

“Sica!”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sooyoung is my ultimate bias, but I can't help to hate her in this chapter :"D

Hang on, everybody. Please wait for the hapiness to come :")