It's you

Too Much That It Hurts

“Sooyoung, why don’t you give a free ride for Jessica to school? She can sit on the back seat of your bicycle.” Mrs. Choi looked at her daughter as she smeared the strawberry jam onto the bread in her hand. The two of them, plus Jessica, are now having breakfast. Sooyoung raised her eyebrow to her mom and point at herself while munching her fried rice. Before she could answer, Jessica was first to talk.

“It’s okay, Mrs. Choi. I can go by walking. It’s not so far anyway-” The girl said with a smile.

“That’s great. I don’t wanna be late waiting for a sleepy head to wake up every single day anyway.” Jessica blushed at Sooyoung words, remembering how Mrs. Choi knocked on her bedroom door repeatedly earlier to wake her up. It maybe took around an half hour until she really freshened up and open the door. She’s never a morning person.

“Soo….”

“I’m going school, Eomma. See you soon.” The long-legged brunette pecked her mother’s cheek and quickly left to the front door. Mrs. Choi can only shook her head at Soo’s antics.

“I’m sorry for her, Jessica. She grown up without a father, so yeah…… she is a little bit…. you know.” Jessica flashed another charming smile while nodding. She’s indeed burning and having an urge to throw the fork in her hand to Sooyoung’s face, but unfortunately she still has some respects to her mother’s best friend. Mrs. Choi added with warmer smile, “By the way you can just call me aunty if we are at home.”

“Araseo, Aunty. I’m going now.” The girl said while wearing her bag.

“Okay. I’ll be teaching in your third class today, so see you!”

“Neh.” Jessica said before turning around and leaving.

 

 

 

“Kids, as we all know, this semester I will once again give you some group home works. But the difference is, if last semester your group consisted of 4-5 people, now I’m asking you to work in pair.” The class suddenly turned into a groaning mess after Mrs. Choi talked. “Yesterday I already asked Ms. Hwang to arrange the pairs, and earlier today she had sent me the list. So here it is.”

Jessica is relaxed hearing Tiffany was the one who arranged the list. She believed her best friend will pick the best one for her, or maybe they both can work as a pair. Right?

“Kang Daesung will be with Im Seulong. Cho Kyuhyun with Lee Charin. Kim Hyoyeon with Lee Sunny….”

She turned her upper body to look at Tiffany and throw a flying kiss. The later just laughed mutedly at the childish antics of her best friend.

“Hwang Miyoung with Yoon Bora.” Eh? The playful face of Jessica’s face turned into a confuse one, which Tiffany replied with her famous eye smile.

“Yang Yoseob with Lee Gikwang. Jung Sooyeon with....” Mrs. Choi stopped reading the list and smiled at Jessica. The later turned her sitting position to front again after hearing her Korean name, waiting for Mrs. Choi to blurt out her partner’s name.

“…. Choi Sooyoung.” And as the mention of that name, Jessica’s eyes widened.

 

 

 

“So tell me NOW, my best friend, my class leader, Stephanie Hwang, why the heck should you pair me with that freak geek for this project?” Jessica asked furiously as they walked through the school corridor towards the canteen.

“Jess, she is brilliant in math..” Tiffany answered calmly and added. “Correction! She is brilliant in every single subject! I know she will be a big help for you. Besides, you both live in a same roof. So it will be easier, am I right?” She remembered that Jessie told her about living in Mrs. Choi’s house.

“Duh! That’s why! I’m sick of seeing her every single time for God sake!!!!” Jessica growled.

“Jessie, lower your voice! Her fangirls and fanboys may hear you. They will bash you for sure if you keep talking like that about her.” Tiffany said in whispers, only to be replied by her best friend’s pout.

“Seriously what’s so special about her anyway..” Jessica mumbled but enough for Tiffany hear. You’ll see soon, Jess. She smiled at her own thought.

 

 

 

 

“Hasn’t Aunty come back home yet?” Jessica asked herself as she realized that the front door is still locked.

 

CKIIIIIIIIT……..

 

It was the sound of Sooyoung parking her bike. Jessica turnaround and catch the figure is coming towards her direction while searching something in her backpack. She raised her head while taking out the house key, before plugged it to the hole.

“Eomma still have a meeting and will be coming home late.” She said as she open the unlocked door and let it open wider for Jessica to come in. Jessica just ignored that and left the scene. Almost. Before she heard Sooyoung called her.

“Jessica-ssi.” She called her name, but her eyes still glued at the door knob as she closed it. Jessica stopped her steps and turnaround. “What?”

Sooyoung flashed a charming smile as she looked at the other girl.

What a nice smile she got there.

 

What are you thinking about, Jung? She shook her head.

“Why?” Sooyoung got confused by Jessica’s unique gestures. “A-aniyo. What is it that you want to say?” The taller one shrugged her shoulder. “Come to my room after you change. I’m thinking about sharing the homework.” She said before leaving, walking through Jessica’s body towards the stairs.

 

 

 

After changing, Jessica grabbed her notebook and a pen from her desk and walked toward Sooyoung room. Without even knocking, being The Jung Jessica she is, she opened the door. There she saw the tall girl was back facing her, sitting straightly facing her studying table with an opened book in her hands again. Next to Sooyoung’s seat, there is already a mini sofa which she borrowed before from her mother’s room, knowing that Jessica soon will be joining her.

“Ehemm..” Jessica tried to make her notice.

But to her disappointed Sooyoung didn’t move even an inch. She then realized that the later was wearing earphones.

She knows how to enjoy music too? A nerd knows how to enjoy music?

Jessica walked slowly towards that nerd girl, peeked her smartphone, curious to what Sooyoung was listening to.

Neyo – It’s You

I love Neyo. But ‘It’s You’? Guess I haven’t heard this song before.

She carelessly plugged out the earphone cable from Sooyoung’s phone so the song will be played by its loud speaker. Sooyoung was startled by this, then rolling her eyes knowing it was Jessica.

“What are you doing seriously?”

The music was still playing.

“What? I just want to know what song you are listening to.” She sat calmly on the served sofa next to Sooyoung and put her note on the table.

“I thought you were listening to the recording of class lectures befo-“Her words got cut by Sooyoung action. The tall girl is now tucking Jessica’s hair behind her ear and put the earphones in each of her ears.

 

Dugeun

Dugeun

Dugeun

 

I know what’s wrong

I never meant for me to felt like I do

If this is love it ‘cause I don’t want it but I do

 

“It’s noisy with loudspeaker if you don’t know.” Sooyoung told Jessica, before her concern back to her book again.

But heck, Jessica was not listening. Not only because of the music that sounded louder in her ears, but also because she was still frozen by Sooyoung’s simple gestures.

 

You’re everything I never wanted to want

It’s true

 

And because of

 

Said you’re everything I never wanted to want

It’s you

 

It’s you. It’s you.

 

…the music that arranged by her very own rapid heartbeat,

as she saw Sooyoung ‘s calm expression from her side.