Rain

TzuMo? TzuMo.
Inspired by: Rain - Taeyeon
 
—————
 
Ughhh! Why did it have to rain again?! Right when I was heading home too! Tzuyu thinks as she exits the cafe she worked at. It suddenly started to drizzle that afternoon right after Tzuyu's shift has ended. She quickly pulls out her umbrella and heads out the door.
 
When she exits, she notices the streets were so... Empty? 
 
There was no one on the streets. No one trying to save their ruined advertisement. No one running to their parents to take them home. No one running for shelter because of the rain. Just, no one. 
 
Maybe it was just the feeling she had that day, but today definitely didn't feel ordinary. It felt like she was longing for something. 
 
She suddenly stops walking on the sidewalk and reaches her hand out, feeling the rain drops fall on her hand.
 
Cold.
 
And Tzuyu then remembers why this day feels so weird.
 
It's the day Momo broke up with her.
 
Tzuyu feels her mood drop and she now understands why she was longing for something. And the feeling was only growing stronger. 
 
She was longing for Momo. 
 
Tzuyu shakes the thoughts from her head and starts walking toward her home again.
 
—————
 
~The empty gray streets, it’s so empty
Feeling blue, I opened the glass window
Rain drops fall onto my hands
The longing starts to well up and flow in my heart~
 
~I miss you for some reason tonight
Tears rise up
Inside my rising heart~
 
—————
 
When Tzuyu arrives home she shakes out her umbrella and places it next to the door. She takes off her rain coat and boots before slipping on some slippers and entering her small, cozy house. 
 
She heads to the kitchen to grab a glass of water before heading to her bedroom upstairs. 
 
Tzuyu sits down on her bed and stares out her window, silently watching the rain run down her window pane.
 
As she comfortably sits in silence, she can't help, but feel the longing she has for Momo to come back.
 
—————
 
Momo and Tzuyu used to live happily together in their shared house(which became Tzuyu's house). They loved each other uncontrollably and they could never be separated. Well, not until she came...
 
Momo and Tzuyu both worked to support each other and all the bills for the house and everything in between. Momo worked at a dance studio while Tzuyu worked at the cafe she is still currently working at. They would usually get off of work at the same time and head home together.
 
But Momo slowly began to spend more and more time at the dance studio and it started to become noticeable. 
 
Momo would come home looking exhausted and they slowly drifted apart. 
 
It's not like Tzuyu didn't try to ask the girl about what was going on, it was just that Momo would often give her vague answers like, "It's just bad stuff happening at the studio." or, "They wanted me to help the new students with their dances." 
 
Tzuyu was very worried about Momo, but she didn't want to push Momo over the limit with her worries, so she kept them to herself. She often made sure to leave some dinner on the table for Momo before she headed to bed and she often payed the bills and cleaned the house so Momo wouldn't worry about it. 
 
And Tzuyu stilled loved Momo. 
 
But the later didn't feel the same anymore.
 
So, one day Momo finally told Tzuyu.
 
"T-Tzuyu, I can't love you anymore, I'm sorry. I know you still love me and I thank you for taking care of me. I know you've noticed that I've been coming home late and I've been distancing myself from you lately, but it's because... I have someone else in my life. I'm sorry for doing this to you, you honestly deserve better than what I can give you. I'm sorry, but I have to leave. Goodbye Tzuyu."
 
And the next day, Momo moved out. 
 
She left Tzuyu behind to mourn for Momo. 
 
Tzuyu wandered around her house, remembering all of the memories she shared with Momo. She breaks down in tears, like raindrops, unable to hold in the regrets and the sorrow she has for letting Momo go. The weight of her tears and the weight of her heart are too much for her, so she decides to head out.
 
She grabs her coat and hurriedly puts on her shoes. She runs her way through the crowds on the street and makes her way to the park. 
 
She sits down on the bench and stares up at the sky, noticing the dark clouds above. A few moments later, it starts to rain. 
 
But Tzuyu doesn't care, she thinks, "Maybe the rain will help me cool my burning and broken heart?"
 
She allows the rain to pour down on her, soaking her from head to toe. After a good 30 minutes of sitting in the rain, Tzuyu finally manages to pick herself back up and head home, only to end up crying herself to sleep.
 
—————
 
~When it rains, the memories fall down and the pain spreads
I look at you that starts pouring out
Then I freeze in the times that are so clear, as I am wet with the memories
Then I draw out the beautiful you in the rain~
 
~The long and dazzling season
Will it fade away and stain inside the photo album?~
 
—————
 
Tzuyu still sits on her bed, tears unconsciously making their way down her face, memories of her and Momo flooding her mind. 
 
Tzuyu stands up and walks over to her desk. She sits down on her chair and pulls out a pencil and a sketchbook from the drawer beside her. 
 
She begins to draw what she always draws
 
Momo.
 
It was a little habit of hers ever since they started dating, but ever since they've broken up, Tzuyu can't help but fill all her books with drawings of the girl. 
 
This time she draws a different side, a different angle, of Momo, like she did the last time. So she decides to draw Momo smiling.
 
The smile that would automatically light up Tzuyu world. The smile that always cheered Tzuyu up. The smile she saw when they met up. The smile she has longed to see. But it was the smile that always brought a smile on Tzuyu's face. 
 
Tzuyu expertly begins drawing from her memories, her hand and mind working together to create something Tzuyu always wanted to see in person again. 
 
But Tzuyu knew that wouldn't happen, she knew she wouldn't ever be able to see it again.
 
After Tzuyu finishes the drawing she carefully tears it out of the sketchbook and pulls out an album from the drawer. She places the drawing into the album, closes it, and places it back into the drawer. 
 
—————
 
~The night is growing deeper
Promises that I can’t forget
Your warm embrace, goodbye~
 
~When it rains, the memories fall down and the pain spreads
I look at you that starts pouring out
Then I freeze in the times that are so clear, as I am wet with the memories
Then I draw out the beautiful you in the rain~
 
—————
 
Tzuyu glances at the clock on her desk and decides to wash up before heading to bed.
 
When she finishes washing up, she climbs into bed and stares at the ceiling. 
 
She feels herself drifting off the sleep while memories are still running through her mind.
 
She misses Momo's warm embraces. She misses Momo's sweet words. She misses Momo's bright smile. She misses Momo hugging her while she sleeps. She misses Momo wrapping her arms around her waist. She misses Momo's silliness. She misses Momo's whining. She misses Momo's nagging. She misses Momo's comfort. She misses Momo's warm hands. She misses Momo precious kisses. 
 
She misses Momo.
 
Momo was Tzuyu's light, her sunshine, her escape, her lover, her soul, her heart, Momo was her everything. 
 
And she still is. 
 
—————
 
~In the black and white world, you were the one ray of light
(Rain) Be the rain and come to me, brightly shine on my soul~
 
~Your soft whispers under the umbrella
It spreads in a corner of my heart, I can hear you
The sound of the rain sounds peaceful, as if it’s asking me how my day was
In the raindrops of you, colored with the faraway memories~
 
~Dreaming in the Rain~