Just An Inch

TzuMo? TzuMo.
Have you ever wondered why every time Momo and Tzuyu are together they are always an inch apart?
 
It wasn't like Tzuyu was especially good at math or anything, but she could have sworn that every time Momo and her were next to each other they were at least an inch apart. To be honest, they were probably the most awkward pair in Twice. 
 
It's not like they didn't make physical contact sometimes, like holding hands or hugging, but they didn't do it as often as they did with the other members. 
 
But, why?
 
Well, Momo always tried to limit her touchyness with the maknaes, even Chaeyoung. That wasn't the only reason why she always purposely distanced herself from Tzuyu. 
 
It was because, Tzuyu was just too dang attractive.
 
Momo was afraid that if she made any contact with Tzuyu she might go overboard and kiss her or something like that. Then her career would really be over.
 
During the times when she did have contact with her, she definitely had to restrict herself. A lot. 
 
Tzuyu was completely oblivious to her feelings, she did a good job of keeping it secret. Except for that one time. 
 
~Flashback~
 
Momo and Tzuyu both went to practice early that day, but not together. They were both shocked when they saw each other in the practice room but decided to practice together. 
 
They were practicing one of Twice's songs, "I Think I'm Crazy"
 
If you didn't know, in a certain part of the song the two girls actually have to link their arms together. (See: http://youtu.be/Mc-F8oVkddQ at 1:04, in the back)
 
That was one of the reasons why Momo was always cautious when dancing to this song. She was always worrying about that single part. 
 
After they finished practicing a couple of songs, they decided to take a break. Tzuyu was tired and she didn't want to lay down on the ground, so she leaned on the mirror with an uncomfortable expression on her face.
 
Momo notices this and decides to be crazy, just this once. 
 
"Hey chewy-ya." Momo says in a manner that seemed very calm, but on the inside she was screaming. 
 
"Yeah unnie?" Tzuyu replies looking over at Momo. 
 
"Come over here, you can lay on my lap since your tired." Momo finally says, her heart beating faster then ever and also patting her lap. 
 
Tzuyu goes over to Momo and lays down on Momo's lap, now looking up at Momo. 
 
Momo feels her heart about to burst in her chest from having Tzuyu this close to her. 
 
Tzuyu is invaded with the sweet smell of peaches and she falls in love with it. She's been having these thoughts lately, like being curious about that Momo is doing, or what time Momo will go to practice in the morning, or what Momo looks like when she sleeps. Maybe it was just the lack of closeness between them. One day she'll find out.
 
Tzuyu and Momo had a short staring contest before Momo looks away, face flushed red. 
 
Tzuyu was so mesmerized by Momo and everything about her, she's falling deeper and deeper in love by the second. She stares at Momo, observing her and her beautiful features.
 
Momo reaches over to the nearest water bottle and chugs it down to try to ease the burning sensation in her body. She feels the intense stares coming from Tzuyu and she tries to control her blush from making her as red as Mina's ketchup. 
 
Momo dares to look back down at Tzuyu again. 
 
Crap.
 
Tzuyu is staring straight at Momo with those big, adorable, eyes and Momo can't help but blush. Hard. 
 
Tzuyu giggles.
 
She fricking giggles.
 
Momo could have sworn that she just heard the sound of an angel giggling. 
 
"W-What's so funny?" Momo says, covering her flushed face with her arm.
 
"Your so red unnie!" Tzuyu says as she continues to laugh and smile.
 
Momo can't help but smile back at the girl. 
 
Tzuyu calms down and reaches up to touch Momo's face. 
 
Momo has a heart attack. Not literally, but she can feel her heart overflow with joy and excitement just from a simple touch.
 
"Look unnie! Even your ears are red! Your so cute!" Tzuyu says cutely while playing with Momo's ears. 
 
Momo's mind shuts down. Did she just call me cute?
 
All Momo can do is stare at the girl on her lap and just let her play with her ears.
 
That's when Momo can't resist anymore. 
 
She leans down and kisses Tzuyu.
 
The latter is definitely shocked, but she slowly melts into the kiss and into Momo. 
 
Momo pulls back and looks away from Tzuyu again. Shocked by her own actions. 
 
"I-Im sorry Chewy-ya, I just couldn't resist you anymore and I just had to-" Momo apologizes for her reckless actions and suddenly gets cut off.
 
Tzuyu suddenly pulls Momo down again and crashes their lips back together. This time it's Momo who's shocked, but she quickly responds to Tzuyu.
 
After they separate for a second time, Tzuyu speaks up. 
 
"I was always worried about the fact that you didn't like me or something because you always purposely avoided me. But I like you unnie and I know you do too. I didn't even know until recently. I kept having these thoughts about you, like what time you are gonna go to practice or what your doing. I thought I was going crazy, but I realized that it was because I liked you." Tzuyu boldly confesses, leaving Momo in complete shock. 
 
I mean, who wouldn't be in shock when an angel confesses to you?
 
A couple of moments pass as Momo is gathering her thoughts before she replies.
 
"I-I really love you Tzuyu. I always had to restrict and distance myself from you because I was afraid that I might go overboard with you and hurt you. I'm sorry for doing that. But I want to do things the right way now, so Chou Tzuyu, will you please go out with me?" Momo says, hopefulness in her eyes.
 
Tzuyu pulls Momo in for another kiss. 
 
"Yes, I will. You know what unnie? I was never good at math or anything, but you always managed to stay an inch away from me every time." Tzuyu says, looking into Momo's eyes lovingly.
 
"I know, but how about we change that? Starting... Now?" Momo says. 
 
She leans in again for another sweet kiss before Tzuyu can respond. 
 
Since that day, the two girls have been inseparable. There was never an inch of space between them any more.