Rain (Part 2)

TzuMo? TzuMo.
Continuation of "Rain," because it needed a sequel.
 
—————
 
About a year has passed, the time has finally come again. It has been 3 years since Tzuyu has last seen Momo. 
 
After last time, Tzuyu has been able to pull her life together. For the first time, Tzuyu finally decided to try to get over Momo. 
 
She began to put on more makeup and wear more eye catching clothing without being too revealing. She made sure to stand and sit up tall and act slightly more feminine than she used to. 
 
And she definitely caught everyone's attention. 
 
More guys, and girls, began approaching the girl and flirting with her, but in the end she always ended up politely turning them down. 
 
Even if they were good looking, pretty, or attractive in every way, she just never felt the right vibe from them, the vibe she always had when she was with Momo. She couldn't explain it, there was a certain attraction she felt with Momo that she always wanted to feel again. 
 
But, why was she comparing everyone she met with Momo? Tzuyu had decided to get over her and move on, she was the one who broke her heart after all.
 
—————
 
Tzuyu was working at the cafe like usual, it was very cloudy and there weren't many customers that day. 
 
~Ding dong~
 
The bell attached to the door shook as someone entered the building. 
 
"Hello! Welcome to-" Tzuyu began to greet.
 
She was suddenly met with someone who she never thought she would see again, someone she longed for, someone who she still loved,
 
Hirai Momo.
 
The one and only Momo walked into the cafe and froze as soon she made eye contact with Tzuyu, who was standing at the cashier, also standing there frozen. 
 
Momo definitely looked different from the last time Tzuyu saw her. Instead of the beautiful brown hair Tzuyu had come to love, she had bright blonde hair with bangs that Tzuyu immediately fell in love with all over again. 
 
Not only was her hair different, but her features have definitely been sharpened, making her even more attractive in Tzuyu's eyes. Momo's jaw line has become more defined, her muscles have slightly grown larger, and her cropped top revealed abs that have become perfectly shaped. 
 
"T-Tzuyu?" Momo suddenly says bringing the girl back into reality. 
 
"M-M-Momo?" Tzuyu stutters, not believing that the girl in front of her was real. 
 
Tzuyu's heart felt like it was about burst from happiness because of just seeing the girl. It takes all of her power to hold herself back from pouncing on her and telling her how much she loved and missed her. 
 
"W-What are you doing here?" Tzuyu manages ask as Momo approaches the counter. 
 
"How about I order first and then you can come talk to me during your break, ok? I don't want you to get in trouble for talking to me too much." Momo chuckles a little bit, showing Tzuyu one of her signature side-smiles. 
 
Tzuyu feels her heart melt immediately at the sight of Momo's smile that she has missed so much. She can't help but notice that Momo was still concerned about her, even about small things like, getting in trouble for talking to her too much. 
 
This was exactly the reason why Tzuyu fell for Momo in the first place, she was just so charming, loving, considerate, and definitely attractive. 
 
"O-Oh ok. Then what would you like to order?" Tzuyu asks, slightly smiling back at the girl. 
 
"I'll just take an iced coffee." Momo ordered. 
 
It's the same as always, Tzuyu thinks, remembering that Momo would not drink any type of coffee except, iced coffee. 
 
Her heart ached at the thought of everything not being the same, because she was certain that one thing had changed, Momo's heart. 
 
"That will be $1.50 please." Tzuyu quickly replies back, hiding her pain. 
 
"Here you go, thanks." Momo says with a smile still on her face, before walking off to a seat in the corner of the cafe. 
 
She's definitely gotten prettier, Momo thinks, smiling to herself before taking a quick glance at Tzuyu again.
 
—————
 
Soon, Tzuyu takes her break and walks over to Momo's table, finding the later with her head down, sleeping. 
 
Tzuyu carefully pulls the chair opposite from Momo's out, trying not to wake the girl up. Tzuyu seats herself and begins to observe Momo more closely. 
 
Even after all these years, Tzuyu still feels her heart beating erratically in her chest, her face light up with the sight of the girl, and her love and desire to just hold the girl close to her again. 
 
Tzuyu thinks, no, she knows that she just can't let go of the girl, no matter how hard she tries.
 
Tzuyu reaches her hand out to push back a strand of loose hair that has fallen in front of Momo's face. 
 
She carefully takes the strand of hair and manages to push it back, but right when Tzuyu was about to pull her hand back, Momo's eyes flutter open. 
 
Momo makes eye contact with Tzuyu and notices that Tzuyu's hand is close to her face. 
 
Tzuyu immediately blushes when they make eye contact, she sits there frozen, debating on awkwardly puling her hand back or pulling it back quickly and making up an excuse. 
 
She decides to go with the second option and quickly pulls her hand back, making a quick excuse. 
 
"Y-You had s-something on... y-your face..." Tzuyu quickly says.
 
Momo continues to stare at her for a moment before sitting up and stretching out her sore arms. 
 
"Thanks." Momo replies, Tzuyu giving a silent sigh of relief. 
 
"So how have you been all these years Tzuyu?" Momo asks, trying to make some conversation. 
 
"I've been well, I'm still working here and living in that same old house. What about you? How have you been?" Tzuyu answers back, painfully knowing that she might hear Momo talk about her girlfriend. 
 
"Nothing much, I went back to Japan for a while and decided to come back. I'll spare you all the boring details." Momo says with a light chuckle and a sip of her coffee.
 
The two talked normally, catching up on things that have happened. It almost felt like the two were just friends, but deep down they both knew they were nothing more, or nothing less, than acquaintances. 
 
—————
 
After that little unexpected meet up, the two eventually parted ways, unknowingly talking till the store was about to close. They both exited the cafe and headed to their separate homes. 
 
As Tzuyu was walking home, she felt the same feeling she always secretly had, 
 
Longing.
 
Yes, Tzuyu couldn't deny it anymore, she still loved Momo. 
 
Momo, the one who always made her smile.
 
Momo, the one who hugged her when she needed it.
 
Momo, the one who always looked out for her.
 
Momo, the one who was always charming.
 
Momo, the one who left her.
 
 
Momo, the one who broke her heart. 
 
 
Tzuyu soon found herself siting on the bench in the park again, deep in thought. She sorts her thoughts in her mind and finds herself thinking about Momo again. 
 
Tzuyu couldn't help it, she was helplessly in love with the girl, but she had to leave it as it is, knowing full and well that Momo didn't love her. 
 
—————
 
As Momo was walking home, she immediately felt a sharp pain in her chest. Her heart was screaming at her, as if it was desperate for something, and Momo knew exactly what that thing was,
 
Tzuyu.
 
Momo loved Tzuyu and she still does. After all these years, she has been hiding it. To be honest, Momo never wanted to let Tzuyu go, but she had too, or else the later would get hurt. 
 
But after coming back to Korea just to see the girl, just to see if she was ok, it awakened something inside of Momo. An attraction, no, a desire. A desire to have the girl back in her arms, a desire to be with her just one more time. 
 
Momo hated herself for letting Tzuyu go, and now she hated herself even more for not getting Tzuyu back sooner. 
 
Momo still knew the one place where Tzuyu would be at a time like this. 
 
And she ran there.
 
—————
 
Tzuyu was still organizing her thoughts when she heard the sound of someone running in her direction. 
 
She lifted her head up and was suddenly pulled into someone's embrace, and there was only one person who would do such a thing, 
 
Momo.
 
And Tzuyu was right, she was invaded with the sweet smell of peaches and the warm embrace that could only belong to Momo. 
 
"I'm sorry..." Momo says, slowly releasing her hug.
 
When they separate, Momo looks deeply into Tzuyu's eyes and continues. 
 
"I'm sorry for breaking up with you. Tzuyu, I love you, I still love you. But just hear me out, ok?" 
 
Momo takes a moment to let the words sink in, seeing that Tzuyu is frozen in shock by the sudden confession. 
 
"Look Tzuyu, I was forced to break up with you because of my parents. My parents are very rich and famous people in Japan and I am their only child. I moved to Korea when I was younger and lived most of my life over here. I soon fell in love with you and we lived happily together. But soon, my parents found out I was dating someone who was not up to their standards and they wanted me to break up with you. They threatened me to break up with you or else they would ruin your life. I loved you and I never want you to be harmed, your too precious to me, so I had to follow their orders." 
 
Momo pauses again, letting Tzuyu process all this new information.
 
"They gave me 2 months to break up with you and that was when I started staying at the dance studio later and later. And then that day came when I broke up with you. It killed me inside to let you go, to say those hurtful words to you, but I knew that if I didn't follow orders, my parents would do much worse to you. So after that, I had to leave for Japan, and I soon found out that my parents had an arranged marriage already planed for me. The girl I was supposed to marry was named Minatozaki Sana, but I found out that she was also forced to leave her lover, Myoui Mina. So we came up with a plan to make it seem like we fought all the time to the point where our parents would cancel the wedding, and it worked. After that, I told my parents I wanted to go back to Korea, and they allowed me to, so here I am." 
 
Momo finishes her story and sees Tzuyu in tears. She immediately brings the girl into her embrace until she calms down. After the tears have subsided, Momo begins to speak again.  
 
"I love you Tzuyu. After all this time I finally figured out that I still love you. I love you Tzuyu, I've loved you all this time. I've spent too many days longing for you and I can't stand to let you go again, so this time I'll do it right. Will you marry me?" Momo asks, bending down on one knee and holding out a beautiful ring. 
 
Tzuyu is pulled into another round of tears, happy ones this time. 
 
Tzuyu pounces on Momo and happily exclaims, 
 
"Yes!"