STAY

Don't Forget Me

KOI POV

It's been a month since I told her I will wait for and will try everyday to gain that chance I'm asking. I wanted it so badly.

I managed to stay away from the scene just behind her, I'm afraid of scaring her away again just like what happened that night.

Elle has been a great friend ever since this relationship started.

"I'm supporting you on this, Koi but aren't you tired of it? Is it really Dao that you love all along or the thought of loving Dao" Elle asked me once.

"I love her before and will always love her, Elle.I'm sorry we've been dragging you with this. I'm sure I love her and do everything to win her back" I said.

"What if she doesn't want your love anymore what will you do?" she asked again.

I stopped, I never thought of that or maybe I stopped thinking about that possibility.

"Just give me her forgiveness, Elle. It would be enough for all the damage I have done two years ago. I will walk away from her" I answered looking at my bottle of beer.

"I love you both, supporting you and Dao ever since High School but there are some worst possibilities, Koi. I want you to open your eyes with that just like what I asked her too." she added and hugged me.

"Thank you for reminding me that it could happen. I guess I have to remind myself of that always." I said.

I tried to contact her, try to make her talk to me again. I even talked to to her mother.

"To tell you frankly, Koi. I'm very mad at you but after a while I asked myself you will not walked out just like that without any good reason at all. For sure, you are hurting too. I know you love Dao, I cannot afford to see the miserable Dao that you have left behind before. If you're serious with her please please don't hurt her again like that" she calmly told me.

"Yes mam I'm not going anywhere, I just hope she will talk to me. Thank you for your understanding." I said to her mom even vow down in front of her to show respect. She saw me vowing down to her mom.

"Dao! You're here. Koi is waiting for you" she said.

I stand up and smiled at her. She looked puzzled and obviously didn't know what will do firt, greet her mom or me.

I grab the flowers and gave it to her.

"I didn't send it this morning because I want to give it to you tonight" I said.

She half smiled and accept it.

"The two of you talk here and I'll prepare the dinner. Koi I'm inviting you to dinner so don't leave yet" her mom said. She lead me to the sofa.

"Thanks for this" she said.

"I told I will do it everyday" I said.

"Aren't you getting tired of this, Koi?" she asked.

"Why would I be, if it is for you?" I answered.

"You really serious of doing this even if it would take you two years?" she asked again.

I nod. 

"Koi, It's been haunting me since you walked out that door, why did you leave? you just said it's all about you" she asked.

I looked at her, move a little closer.

"When we got back together then I am very happy, you're my world, my life, I forgot about my father. He went to the USA without me saying goodbye to him. On our 2nd year at the University he asked me to follow him and helped him out with the business. I'm so occupied then we are together, I can't and I won't leave you. One day i saw you with your org, you're established, you have adapted well at the university then I asked myself where am I? Is this me, I dream big before but I'm too occupied being with you. I can't lose you again. Everyday I see you it reminds me of who I am before us, Dao. I received a petition letter from Dad. He told me he will disown me if I will not come after 6 months. I don't want to lose my father, Koi. I want my old self back, the Koi you first met, the Koi who would put on a fight for you. I started to process my papers without your knowledge. I told myself whatever may come, I have to go to my father. The process ended and the airplane ticket came. I told myself so many times, I can do this I will do this for us, I only needed two years to prove to him that I didn't turned my back at him. I'm still her daughter but it came with a bigger prize, long before I hurt you I hurt myself already, Dao because I know I will be leaving you, it's me who will walked away. I'm sorry for hurting you Dao but I would like to know it's the hardest day of my life, saying goodbye not because I don't love you but because it's between our love and my family and myself. I can't give you the love I want to give you if I will not learn how to love myself and my father again." I explained, I looked at her I can't see me in her eyes. I guess it's my time to say goodbye now at least I have explained everything, she gave the chance.

"Thank you for hearing me out, Dao. It's getting late. I think I must go" I said and stand up heading towards that door.

I was about to opened it and leave but I feel her arms around my waist.

"Don't leave Koi! Stay!"