Separate Lives

Don't Forget Me

"It's the end now, we must say goodbye....Into places under the same sky

but the distance won't mean anything at all

Don't forget me 'coz I stll love you......"

KOI POV

A warm air gently touched our face. Dao loves to feel it, she enjoy simple things such as this and I admire her for that.

I admire everything about her. I love her bubbly outlook in life inspite of what had happened between her and Din, those nightmares that she used to had before we started this partnership. I intended to stay with her as long as I can, as long as she needs me I'll always be ther for her.

"Koi! lie here beside me let's look at the clouds" she asked me and I followed.

I held her hands just like before. I held Net's hands before but nothing feels like hers. Touching her hands gives me assurance that I can bear anything for her, for us... 

I'm not looking at the clouds, I'm watching her face feel everything... I'm not going to get tired of this,  looking at her ...

She noticed I'm looking at her, she smiled and gave me a quick kiss on my lips.

"I love you, Koi" she said. I answered by giving her a kiss. Little I've known it will be the last kiss I will have with her...

I came to reality suddenly.. I am alone now.. in this cold dorm that used to be ours.

I'm walking past every corner of this little room knowing the memories will flood me now and later will haunt me again.

It's been two years since I went away. Since I decided I needed to leave her, not for other girl, not for other guy but for myself.

I still remember it clearly.

 

"Koi, I bought your favorite coffee..." she stopped when she saw my bags packed.

"What's going on Koi? she asked.

I move close and hold her hands.

"Dao, I need to go" I said.

She's suprised, I know she will be. I never told her I have been battling this inside me. 

"Where are you going? I thought we are clear to one another, we will study together here. We will live together after this. I can't and will not understand this Koi" she rants at me.

I hold her face "Yes, I know all our plans but Dao there something inside me that I need to find myself first before we can do all our plans and I need you to let me go now. I need you to understand that I will and always love you but for now I need to leave you. Forgive me Dao, pls don't hate me, I'll be back I promise that. Please wait for me Dao." I explained while tears are now slowly falling from mine. She's starts to cry.

I have weighed everything... after that night she will hate me, will not forgive me  from hurting her that much but I am hurting too. It's killing me inside and  It's hard to say goodbye to someone you have loved since day one. 

I picked up my bags and started walking out that room. I didn't turned around because I knew then I will stay once I see her crying and I might even begged her to take me back. I need to walk away...

The room is empty, the manager told me it's been empty for quite sometime now...but it still carries the memories of Dao for me... 

It's been two years since I started living my life separate from Dao, the love of my life...

Two years and everytime I relive those hours the pain  still lingers in my heart...

 

DAO POV

Two years since I stepped in this university. Two years since she went away, she told me to wait for her but two years feels like forever. She didn't know, a minute away from her is like forever being alone. She hurt me big time, I don't know how to start back then. A week after she left me I went back to our house. My mother was very mad at her, for leaving me. I forgot how to function alone, I have done almost everything together her. Questions are still flooding into my brain. She told it's all on her, somehow I want to know if I am a factor. What did I do to make her feel inadequate with what we have. 

Weeks passed and I have to undergo the same nightmares before. In my dreams, she's always at the door shutting it down for me, walking away from me, pushing me and running away from me. I still remember the countless night that I fell asleep crying... not eating, staying inside my room and shutting everyone out of my life. Worst thing my mother needed to checked me in the hospital. I don't want to function anymore because Koi left. I have fought for my love, for our love and after two years she will just walked out on me. I tried looking for her after I got from the hospital, I failed. I guess she really wanted this and I need to move on with my life without her, without her love....

Everything is different now with the university. I want to visit the dorm, not to reminisce but to check myself if I have the guts now to face that room that gave me the happiest and the loneliest days of my life....

Memories rushing in as I entered the hallway. 

I saw her place at the stairs where she used to wait for me to come back.

I saw our bench, where we used to eat snacks or lunch.

I realized I'm at the 3rd floor already. Our room is in the right side,the last room of that building.

The door is open, another student might be checking it out. 

I don't know why but I can feel my heart beating so fast, as if it is skipping. 

A familiar figure is in front of me. I won't forget it I used to see it everyday of my life for two years.

She hasn't change a bit, why is she here?

Koi is here! I have to do this....