I'll be There

Don't Forget Me

 

 

KOI POV

My last night here, last night in my bed, my last night to lay with her on my side. Tomorrow I'll be flying back to that foreign land and will have to take care of my father. I want to make it to her. I prepared dinner she do the dishes after. We settled in my couch. I asked her to sit on my lap and I just hug her, she just caress my hair.

"you should go to sleep now, your flight is early" she said.

I didn't mind her, I don't care I want to feel her for the last few hours I have. She held my face and kiss my forehead.

"I love you" she said. "I love you more" I answered. I lift her to my bed. I start kissing her, we both feel the need to consummate this burning feeling we have right now. When it's done, she fall asleep and I just stare at her. "Koi, sleep now" she ordered. I smiled. She never ordered me to do things.

"I can't, I want to look at you" I said.

She opened her eyes and smiled. "You'll get tired of it" she answered.

"No, I can stay here forever just looking at you. Dao, thank you" I said.

She closed her eyes again "For what?" she asked.

"For everything" I said. She kissed me again. "It's me who should thank you, Koi" she said and moved on top of me.

We stared at one another again. Like before it's me who gives up first, she hugged me tight.

"I only have few hours left Dao" I said.

"I know, I don't want this to end but... by tomorrow after your flight. I have to face the reality that you will not be here at night" she said.

"Come with me, Dao" I asked her again.

She looked at me. "I want to but my family is here, Koi" she said.

"We are just in the same situation, koi. You can't be here because your father needs you, same as me they need me here" she explained.

"When he gets better, I'll be in the first flight bound for Bangkok to be with you again" I said. She smiled and nodded.

I kissed her again passionately and long. It's my last kiss and I want to remember it.

 

 7:00 am

Three hours before the flight. She's not smiling nor talking to me. Separation anxiety is definitely in the air.

I kissed her forehead. "It's time Dao" I said. She's almost crying when I looked into her eyes. She nodded and kissed me, first time in public she acknowledge me as her partner, as the person she love.

"Stay safe, call me when you get there. I will miss you big time, Koi" she said and turned her back.

"I love you Dao!" I shouted before pulling my luggage and headed to the entrance. She face me and smiled while crying. 

 

Vivid memories of Dao, it's been three months since I arrived and took care of him. I looked at my father while sleeping, he's still sick and he's happy I came back to take care of him. I miss Dao so much, I do call three time a week but when I miss her so much I would call her every night. She told me she make amends with Thim and  I am happy for that development. They do go out sometimes with friends.

"You missed her?" my father's voice.

I look at my old man and half smiled. "Big time, Dad" I said.

"Why you didn't asked her to come here?" he asked.

"Her family is there,, they need her there" I reasoned out and hold his hands.

"Koi, I've been thinking a lot. I don't want to die here. I want to go back to our old house. I can assign someone to manage the company here. I want you to be happy." he said.

"you're still sick, Pa. The doctors will not give you clearance to fly" I said.

"I have my clearance already Koi. I'm just waiting for you to finalize the business here" he said.

I smiled and hug him. "thanks a lot, Pa. Dao will be very happy" I said.

He smiled. "I'll do it tomorrow and in a few weeks time. I will asked Dao to prepare the old house" I said.

"Make it a suprise for her, just call your Auntie to prepare the house and you prepare a suprise comeback for Dao" he suggests.

I called Thim that day to arrange my suprise for Dao. 

I left a voice message to her mobile. " I need to say goodbye for now. Dao. I hope you understand. This is for us. Please understand"

 

In a few weeks I'll be back, in a few weeks I'll see her again, I'll be there - with her again