Everyday

Don't Forget Me

DAO POV

After that night, Koi is definitely back in my life. In a way it annoys me. flowers at my doorstep every morning, hot coffee on my table office everyday.

Always the same message : "I'm sorry,please forgive me!", "Give me the chance to love you again".

I appreciate it but everytime I try memories is flooding in so fast, it keeps on rewinding in a way I hate it beacuse I'm trying so hard to forgive her.

I would give the flowers to my mother and the coffee to my officemate. My mother manage to keep the notes and hand it over to me after the week.

Little I know she's there watching in a distance. Everyday I know I disappoint her for not thanking her, for not trying to return it back, for not talking to her. I have to feel happy now that I'm making her miserable but I'm not happy.

I thought before if she will come back and beg me to take her back. I would say a lot of awful things to her face but when I saw her at the dorm that day my heart was beating so fast, as if I finally found that someone again. She's still in my dreams, she still haunts me whenever I went to familiar places we went to.

Elle would take me out sometime to comfort me. 

"How is she?" I asked.

She looked at me puzzled?

"Koi? Fine the business is doing good. I think she's busy nowadays" she answered.

"Why did you ask?" she questioned me.

"Nothing, just came up" I lied.

"Hmm. do you receive flowers and coffee still?" she asked again.

I nod.

"What's keeping you to take that giant leap again, Dao?" she seriously asked me now.

"Huh?"

"Come on, don't you love her still?" another question.

"I don't know"

"Then why do you have to accept those flowers and coffee. You just say it to her - I don't love you stop bothering me anymore"

I looked away from my friend. How I wish I can do that.

"It's hard, Elle"

"It's hard to let her go or it's hard because way deep inside your wounded heart you still love her that's why you can't let her go. Dao you're doing her a favor she needs to move on to. Or you can't stand seeing her happy with someone else" Elle explained.

"Don't prolong the agony, Dao. if you don't like her back in your life set her free.Tell her to stop" she added.

How I wish I can do that, in her face. I'm mad at myself now. I know I want her still but if she's around something is stopping me to be with her.

Everyday I know I'm looking forward to her flowers and the smell of hot coffee. I can't tell her how I neatly keep her small and short messages.

It's almost a month now but she never missed a day.

"1 month now, if I have to do this for the next two or ten years I will just give me that chance, Love Koi" the note said. I smiled, same Koi too persistent.

After a month, I'm looking forward now to see the flowers at my doorstep, and enjoy the aroma of freshly made coffee. I noticed myself smiling while keeping her notes. I know I wanted to see her again and break the news I might give her the chance but everything you planned doesn't always turn the way we want it to be.