Love Me Again

Don't Forget Me

THIM POV

It's been three weeks since that day, am I happy that they fight and there's a possibility of splitting up - in a way yes but she ran away from the two of us. She's really like that if she's suffocated by any situation she will go somewhere and don't dare to contact her because it's definite she will not answer any calls. She needed a lot of time to process what's happening and eventually will come back with a clear mind and a decision. 

I found her in her office wearing her casual clothes one Saturday morning, her bag on the couch. She fell asleep working, she might have been since Friday evening. Kinda waisted because of the papers lying in her table. I stared at her, never get tired of looking at her, wishing it's me but a part of my heart aches when I realized she's sleep talking and it's Dao that she's calling. Three years ago it's the same scenario, I would find her sleeping because of studying and would here her calling Dao. "You're so unfair, Koi. It's me, Thim. Who is always here but I never heard my name from you." I said to myself.

I left her sleeping, It was already noon when I passed by her office that she's awake and working again. "Coffee?" I asked. She looked at me and nod. I oblige fix her a cup of coffee. "THank you" she said. "She's been calling your office since you left, she even waited in the afternoon fo a week wondering if you will come" I told her.

"I have tons of work, Thim. I need to finish this" she said obviously she's trying to avoid Dao.

"I'll leave you now I'll be in my office if you need me." I said.

"I want to finish this so that I can go back to the US as soon as possible" she just dropped the bomb.

"You will go back?" I asked.

"I needed to, my father is sick and no one will take over, you will be in charge here. When he's okay then I will come here" she said.

"Did she knows about it?" I asked. She looked at me, I know the answer she's not going to say it to Dao anytime soon.

We ate lunch together at the pantry.

I listen to her stories of her travels outside Bangkok, I enjoy listening to her.

"I should have accompany you then" I said.

"You're in-charge here, you can't come with me" she said while walking towards me and tickle my nose.

I smiled, "You cannot go home yet, we need to drink. We haven't done that in a year now" I shouted.

I went to my office to finish what I need to do. She didn't say no and I'm looking forward to drink with her just like before.

We ended up in a bar, we just drink a couple of times and she said it's better to stay at her flat.

We bought some beer and order some food. 

"It's nice to be with my drinking buddy" she said.

I'm still sober but she's almost wasted.

"Koi, this is too much. You can't handle beer right?" I asked.

"I can, Thim!" she declared and opened another bottle"

That's my cue not to drink anymore because any minute now she will not handle it. My guess is right, she's wasted after that bottle. I decided to bring her to her bed and change her clothes. While removing her tee, I can't help myself but to stare at this half wasted Koi. "Why don't you love again, Koi" I asked in a whisper.

"Dao?" she asked. "No, it's me Thim" I said.

She pulled me down to her, I almost kissed her. "Dao, forgive me Dao pls. I am leaving again" she said holding my face. "It's Thim" I said. She doesn't listen to me. I hate it when she's wasted. She kissed me, I missed her lips but at the back of my mind she's thinking about Dao and not me even if she's wasted. I hate her and myself. I stopped her. "I'm changing your clothes okay and I'm not Dao, Koi. It's me Thim!" I said again. She stopped and she looked at me.

"Thim!"

"So unfair, Koi. I'm the one who is always here for you but you're always looking for her. Don't you know how much it hurts now. I don't even know why I always throw myself with you. You've broken my heart a coule of times but I'm still here for you." I said to her. she didn't flinch, she put her arms around me, next thing I know she's crying now.

"I hope it would be that easy, Thim. I wanted too but you know I can't." she whispered.

"I'd better change your clothes now and I need to go" I said.

"Stay Thim please. I need you here please" she pleaded. I change her clother, gave her coffee and stayed. I hold her just like before she curb like a baby. "Thank you Thim" she said before fallin into sleep.

I better stopped this crazy dream of mine because it will not lead me to what I want.

It's 6:00 am I gently put away her arms and stand up to pick my things, I need to go home now. When I opened the door, it's Dao who is about to open it with a key.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

I pull her inside. "Before you rant I would like you to listen to me first" I said. I closed the door and fix her a cup of coffee.

"She's been through a lot nowadays. If you love her that much, I suggest you try to understand her. We had a drink spree last night, I tried to win her back but congratulations, you won. I gave up. Don't you know how many times she called your name last night. She's calling you but it's me who is there at her side. It's my fault back then in the office, I made the first move, she doesn't want anything from me except to be her friend. You're lucky to have someone like her. She needs you now Dao, more than ever. I envy you a lot. All the time she's with me in the USA. Her heart is always here with you. She's a gentle soul please take care of her. You need to go to her room now. I need to go now