Still

Don't Forget Me

DAO POV 

We agreed to meet at 4pm in the same cafe where we used to hangout then. I arrived early, Elle wanted a simple celebration just like what we used to do during senior years. I ordered my tea, take my mobile and start texting her. Little did I know she was there already. I guess I have no choice but to face her again, for Elle not for me or her's sake. 

"Hi! waiting for Elle?" Koi asked at me.

I nodded.

"Sorry, I didn't know you will be here..." she start

"Let;s do this for Elle, Koi" I answered. I half smiled at her and continue drinking my tea.

She nodded smiling back.

"Cookies, cakes" she offered me but I refuse.

I need to avoid her eyes. She's observing me, reading me again just like what she used to do. I can't take a look at those eyes now. Iknow I will melt againa and will eventually say yes to all her request. I saw her ordering her coffee. Same old Koi, simple and beautiful, same gestures and mannerisms, same favorite coffee and snacks.

We seated silently, not minding each other.

Elle suddenly appeared with her boyfriend. She introduced as to Ned.

We went to our favorite restaurant and ordered our favorite food when someone is celebrating her brithday.

"Koi did Thim called you?" Elle asked.

"No, I haven't talked to her" she answered. Who is Thim? 

"Ohh, Dao Thim and Koi used to date but Thim went to Singapore now and staying there. I thought she invited you to stay with her there, Koi" Elle asked again. I looked at Elle then Koi. Who the hell is Thim and  is she the new girlfriend of KOi" I asked myself.

"Yes, the offer is still standing but I can't go until I finished and settle things here." Koi said.

She looked at me it's seems that I'm the one she's referring to. Am I going to get the proper closure from our past.

KOI POV

"who was I when I keep your tears from falling

who was I when to believe i was your bestfriend.

am i just another memory to forget...."

The cold treatment .... I can't take it now. Dao ignoring me, shutting her world from me and Elle adding up another story of Thim. "It's been a year, Elle stop it, we had our time and its over" I explain while looking at Dao trying to read her actions. It's blank, I can't see anything, can't feel anything --- I'm really being ignored now.

"Let's go to a club after dinner, my treat" Ned said.

Elle is excited. Dao is suprised and I just nod.

Next thing I know we are in a club, Ned ordering some cocktails for us.

It's Elle's birthday come on let's be happy. Ned said to us. They dance and we are stuck with one another occassionally smiling at one another and then ignoring each other again. I can stand it, I know I need to move. It's now or never for us. I stand up and move close to her.

"Let's dance and enjoy the night" I asked.

She looked at me.

"For Elle, can we enjoy the night for her, just this night" I said again.

Hesistant but she take my hand and lead her to the dance floor. It feels awkward to dance again with her but I'm not here for us but for our friend. It's odd I'm dancing with her again definitely something change and she's not really into dancing now.The lively music stopped and the sweet one started... I hold her hand and pull her close to me. Her hand still fits mine, I can feel her heartbeat it's quite beating fast. I put her arms around me just like before, it's cold. I think she's nervous. It's still the same perfume from the past. This feels right, I missed her hands around my neck. We used to dance inside the dorm, it's only now that I realized how I missed her that much. I wish she would at me like the way she looked at me before. I want her to want me again.... but I can see a blank face. A familiar moment in a very different sense. I pulled her body closer to moine and her face almost an inch away from me. 

"Dao!" I whispered to her ear.

She didn't respond. As if I'm talking to a dead person now, is she that cold hearted now. She looked at me as if asking.

"Thank you for the dance, Dao." I said, deep inside it hurts a lot, maybe it's more painful with what she felt when I left. I can't see me in her eyes, I can feel the same that I have for her way back we started hanging out. We are so close to each other but it feels like she's a thousand miles away from me.

She nodded and half smiled. I don't know if she notice the buckle in my voice. I wanted to end this night. Her silence kills me inside. She's not like this, whenever she's upset or angry she would shout it out in my face but the coldness of Dao now, I can't bear.

I stopped. "Thank you, Dao. Let's go back to our table" I said. She nodded but never let go of my hands. Elle and Ned were drinking when we reached the table.

Elle is smiling at me. 

"I need to go now, Elle. I need to prepare my things for the trip" I said.

I looked at Dao but it's obvious she's trying to ignore me."

I hugged Elle and bid my goodbye. I shaked her hands and started to move away. I need to grasp some air. I need to breathe because I can't take this pain right now. I should have never come here in the first place. I'm only breaking my heart by forcing myself to her.