Gone Inside, Here Outside

Heart of Despair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   You woke up to the beaming sun that was rising up that hit your face as your back and neck was screaming in pain. Your swollen and sad eyes slowly opened to see the sunlight from your small window hitting your face as your back was against the wall of your apartment. Quickly, you went towards you backpack as it read 5am. Your eyes widened as you forgot that Baekhyun gave you the phone that you were holding. Your eyes grew watery again as you dropped the phone immediately. Quickly regaining your senses, anger grew upon you with Baekhyun and the trust issues he had with you and how he broke up with you. Furious, you threw your phone at the wall, the phone falling over as you can see from the distance that your phone cracked. 

   Doing your homework at about 5 in the morning, you sighed as it was not only hard to concentrate with so much on your mind, but also the fact that the person who ruined the relationship between you and Baekhyun was obviously planned. The glint in that boy's eyes gave away everything with his secret smirk once you ran off. 

   Finished with your homework at around 6:45am, you quickly got dressed and took a shower. You haven't eaten since yesterday when you ate lunch in the cafeteria but you knew that you had no stomach for breakfast. Grabbing your bag, you went out the door, looking at your alarm clock that you forgot about when you first got the phone Baekhyun gave to you. It read 7:15am, as you walked over to your school, thoughts wildly existing in your mind. You were so distracted that you even tripped on the crack on the sidewalk you were walking on and fell. You felt the warmth of your knee that meant you were bleeding. The bleeding felt numb with your heart in deeper pain, as if someone stabbed it. 

   Continuing your walk to school, you finally made it to school, quickly crossing the street, walking into the hallway to grab your books tiredly, only to see the now increased crowd of Yong Seo's group. You see Jungwon standing there with Dongjun, Yong Seo, Hee Young, and Seo Yoo smirking straight at you. "So, did you and Baekhyun make it together?" said Yong Seo mockingly, "I heard that he found you two timing him with the new transfer student~" said Seo Yoo, Jungwon quickly raising his hand while smirking, "That would be me. Do you not... Remember me Min Jung?" said Jungwon. 

   Looking at Jungwon suspiciously, you replied, "W-what?" as it only made his confidence grow larger, "Take a closer look at me, huh?" said Jungwon, your eyes staring deeply at him as your eyes began to widen. 

"I-it c-can't be..." 

"But it is, Min Jung." 

~ Flashback back when you were bullied by Yong Seo and Dongjun ~ 

"P-please stop! It h-hurts! Please!" you yelled in utter pain as the beating was getting worse and worse, Dongjun hitting the same spots he hit you yesterday, his blows growing stronger by the second it seemed. Yong Seo attacked you verbally while Dongjun did physically, once in a while, Yong Seo would chime in to hitting you but usually stayed on the verbal side to make your self esteem ruined. 

   "Hyung!" you heard a figure running over to Dongjun as he stopped hitting you, pushing to the ground, feeling tears welling up once more as you looked at the two figures. You can see the two talking over each other as they both smiled, evilly. "Look at this petty girl. Min Jung. Meet Jungwon. Heo. Jun. Won. He is better than you and will help me show you your place." you felt the two shadows that gathered towards you, hearing Yong Seo say, "Since there's two, why not three?" seeing a running figure coming towards you as they closed up on you. 

   You slowly backed away until you felt the metal of the monkey bars hit your back, the three crowding around you, laughing heavily from your scared side. You were shaking terribly, tears coming out your eyes every once in awhile until you felt one harsh blow on your leg, only to be attacked constantly the next second until you then out. 

~ End of Flashback ~ 

   Your eye twitched from seeing Jungwon, the one who helped bully you, the one who gave evidence that you were the one hurting Yong Seo that got you in trouble at school and at home. No one believed you, not your parents anymore, not even the teachers. Everyone in the school hated you because of Jungwon, he told all your "secrets" and all the "bad things that you did." You looked at him, sharply staring at him with the iciest glare you can put up to him. 

"Tch, how was Boston? It seems like you haven't changed sides either yet, huh?" 

Jungwon moved to Boston a month after Dongjun left because of family business, having to move there because of their business thriving at that area. You knew because all the kids were talking about it during class the day he left, you remember the relief of both the two bullies that hurt you gone in the span of a month. Yong Seo still verbally treated you terribly with a combination of your classmates, but it was better than the two.

"Great, actually. However, I just came to visit to see how good my friends and... pitiful victim was doing." 

   You felt your hands ball into a tight fist to hear him call you "pitiful." You weren't like before, you could easily stand up to whoever thought y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter