Mistake

Heart of Despair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   You woke up, only to see the bright sun of the hospital's window beaming at you, seeing a tray on the table near you with water and a pill with breakfast, the steam still left. You checked the time on your phone to see it say 6:55am, making you smile, he probably advised the nurse to do this for me, didn't he? you thought to yourself as you were correct, seeing a tiny note left on the tray of food, reading it. 

Dear Min Jungie, 

   My baby is sick so I have to nourish her for the time being much more than before. I love you, get better. Don't go to school until you feel better or your dead! See you later~ <3 

Love, 

Your handsome caring boyfriend, Baekhyun 

The note left on the tray made you giggle from Baekhyun's care towards you, as you began to eat the food before taking the pill and water, feeling full after eating the delicious porridge made just for you. You then took the pill as you checked on your phone for awhile, looking at the time as it read 1:45pm, making your eyes widen from how long you've been scrolling down as you were having thoughts of Baekhyun, the future you two would have, if there was going to be one, while scrolling down pictures of you and the members, making you feel giddy every time you saw that cheeky smile Baekhyun would make in the picture. Looking around the room, you knew that Baekhyun was coming soon as you coughed a few times, feeling much better than before for sure. You sneezed a few times after some thought, finally deciding to get out the hospital bed. 

   You sat up, slowly dropping your feet down on the floor as you then stood, stumbling from the cold contact of the floor while also forgetting the feeling of walking after a day of staying in bed and sleeping. You got used to it after stretching, walking out the door to talk to the doctor that helped you during your stay in the hospital. "Excuse me? Sir?" you said awkwardly towards the doctor that Baekhyun said helped you, the doctor turning around to see you, surprised, smiling after. "Aha! The boy who was scared to death was worrying about you, isn't it you?" said the doctor assumingly, making you mentally smile from Baekhyun, looking at the doctor, giving a slight nod to him as he grinned widely, "How are you feeling? Any questions?" said the doctor to you, "Ah.. Yes... I wanted to ask to be discharged at around 5pm today... I feel much better... As you can see I can walk, I'll make sure to take the pills required daily." you said softly towards the doctor, thinking about what you said, what to suggest. 

   "Okay... But make sure to take these pills" the doctor showing a small bottle of pills inside, taking out another one, "And this one too. Make sure to read directions for no overdose. You'll have to get the prescription first, this is just an example. Go grab one downstairs from the pharmascist when you're preparing to leave." said the doctor to you, on cue a patient walking up towards the doctor you were talking to for a question that they had to ask, making you walk off, smiling to finally be getting out of this hospital and able to go home. You wanted some fresh air as you walking out the hospital door, sitting around a tree, taking in the beauty of nature, inhaling the fresh oxygen in utter satisfaction. Hospitals made you feel suffocated, the air was as if it was trapped only inside the rooms of the hospital, you disliked it. The only reason you actually stayed the night at the hospital was from Baekhyun's utter persistence in you staying around people who knew what to do if you ever grew weak, fainted, or your coughs were too frequent, uncomfortable, and loud.

   Smiling, you ended up of thinking about Baekhyun even through the most random times like thinking about why you disliked the hospital, he managed to make you feel safe and sound as everyday passed by, he's the kind of guy you knew that would never take you for granted. You see two shadowy figures block your view of the bright sun shining towards your milky white skin, making you look up, your eyes widening to see the two figures that were staring at you, no, glaring at you. "Aish. Yeobo, I can't believe we're doing this." said Yong Seo's mom in utter disgust, staring at you like you were some sick dog on the street she found suddenly. You gave her a glare, standing up, about to walk off from the two figures that just stared at you then and there as if you were something important to them. You felt a firm, harsh, and hurtful grab on your forearm, feeling no gentleness that almost made you wince from the pain, you could tell from how long he was holding it that it would make a mark. You stared at the hand, unfazed, looking up at your "dad" that glared at you. 

   "Why do you cause so much problems, huh?" said your dad, making you look at him even more intently, furious to see that your own dad could get mad at you like this but you weren't even a hint of angry after he kicked you out of your own home. You coldly glared at your dad as you boldly said, "What's your problem? Yeah, believe your daughter but just know that I'm not like her. You take her side because she's your daughter and all but don't you want the real story? Do you think I'm not hurt from this? I'm not the one at fault. You know, even if you did kick me out dad wouldn't it be nice to know that you still care--" you felt a large sting, feeling the nail of the hand that slapped you grazed hard against your skin, feeling the blood rush out your cheekbone area. "You stupid girl! This is why you were kicked out and turned to an orphan! Yeobo, she can't be fixed, you tried to get to her but girls like these just don't know how to work in society. That's why she's this poor girl who seduces men for money. Maybe that's how she stole Yong Seo's--" you grew angry to hear Yong Seo's mom say that about you and bring Baekhyun in here like he's trash as you then yelled, "He's not in this problem, I am! Who are you to say that about him?! Huh?! I'd rather you kill me than you talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter