What Should I Do Now?

Through Friendship and Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Do you think you can handle this?" Seungkwan asks. He’s not really worried actually. It’s just a formality to ask because there’s no way he just left a junior like that on his first day broadcasting.

The junior in front of him spins around on his chair as he taps his finger on the table. He wears a nametag on his uniform despite Seungkwan said it isn’t necessary. Moreover, it writes wrong. It’s Deongjin instead of Dongjin. How can someone doesn’t know how to write their own name?

Don’t read his nametag. Dongjin is his name. Honestly, just remove it please. It’s not only unnecessary, it’s useless. It’s even more distracting because it’s full of scratches.

"Yeah sure, I’m going to replace you anytime soon anyway," he offers an assuring smile. He’s Seungkwan’s junior in the broadcasting club.

"Don’t say it like that," Seungkwan sulks beside him. "I feel so old,"

"You're going to graduate soon hyung, that's freedom, not old," Dongjin says again as he put on the earphone on his head.

"Should I accompany you?"

"Should you?” Dongjin let out a considering look. “Do you not have any other thing to do?"

"Yes, he have,” a voice speaks up before Seungkwan can even opens his mouth to answer.

Seungkwan widen his eyes. He gulps secretly hoping it’s not who he think is on the door.

Both turns to the doorway.

Surprise~ It’s Seungkwan’s worst nightmare.

Vernon’s standing there leaning on the door smiling wide, one hand in his pocket and the other just goes up to comb his hair. He just look like he’s posing for the magazine cover or something. Seungkwan curses under his breath for how hot he look at the moment.

Vernon greets them by raising his both eyebrow. "Yes, he has promise to eat lunch with me, so sorry he can’t accompany you, kid,"

“What?” Seungkwan and Dongjin response in unison. They have different expression though. Seungkwan more like pissed and mad, Dongjin more to confuse.

"Who's this?" Dongjin asks.

Seungkwan immediately turns his back to Vernon and faces Dongjin. "Who? No one! Noboy! Anyway I guess I can accompany you,” he hurriedly grabs a chair and sit beside Dongjin, forcing Dongjin to set up the intercom setting.

"I’m going to wait here then~" Vernon voices out from behind him.

“I think we can broadcast together, I don’t mind giving up my lunch time,” Seungkwan says again to the now frowning Dongjin. Seungkwan puts on another earphone rather hastily.

"Great idea, I can watches the broadcasting live from here," Seungkwan can almost see Vernon’s smirking without turning to him. He groans inside.

"On second thought I just remember Ms. Soora called me to her office," Seungkwan says suddenly standing up from his chair and put off the earphone.

"I can go to the teacher room too," Vernon says nodding his head in a slow pace.

Dongjin looks at them confusedly.

"Something about the club, might take my whole afternoon,” Seungkwan says again. “I’m sorry I can’t accompany you,” he pouts to Dongjin.

"I can wait that long," Vernon says again.

Dongjin is now watching the two of them with an eyebrow raising and an amused smile. He even folds his both hand in front of his chest and leaning against the chair.

Seungkwan turns to Vernon immediately, eyebrows furrows and he stomps on his feet. "I’m not talking to you!"

Vernon gasps sarcastically. "Neither do I! I’m just mouthing my thought," and Dongjin thought he sees Seungkwan’s face turning red. Then he gets it.

Seungkwan turns back to Dongjin annoyed. "Go away I’m not hungry,"

"You can watch me eat then,"

Seungkwan face palm himself.

Dongjin laughs finally. "Hyung, I can broadcasting well you don’t have to worry about me," he said to Seungkwan who sulks to his earphone now. He quietly glance at Vernon while still talking to Seungkwan. "And Ms. Soora haven’t back from her trip yet so have fun meeting with her,"

Seungkwan’s face turn red. He’s one hundred percent sure Vernon is now having his winning smile on. He smacks Dongjin’s head lightly.

Dongjin doesn’t stop there though. "Ah you better find something to eat hyung, you said you're deadly hungry earlier," he adds then he winks to Vernon. "And you said burger sounds like an idea,"

Seungkwan just being betrayed. Vernon just find himself an ally. Seungkwan left speechless. He turns slowly to Vernon feeling embarrassed. Vernon is smiling and is looking at him in the eye, burning with winning feeling.

"So? Burger it is," he teases.

Seungkwan’s face turn even redder. "I’m not hungry," he says while one hand smacking Dongjin repeatedly.  

Vernon laughs and approach them. "Thanks buddy I'll borrow him for a sec, good luck broadcasting," he says to Dongjin as he slips his hand around Seungkwan’s shoulder and drag him out of the room.

Dongjin nods and just smile as he watches the two vanish from the room.

Seungkwan doesn’t stop whining all the way to cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

Minghao isn’t really sure what to do. Left alone in the room that doesn’t belong to him seems to give him more pressure than it should be. Chan’s music still blaring from the boom box beside his bed and Minghao has no idea how to turn it off. He doesn’t want to touch anything so he just let the music plays while he sits on the sofa trying so hard to make himself comfortable by folding his foot at least. The music doesn’t sound bad anyway, Chan looks like he likes hip-hop beside all of his Michael Jackson’s song. Minghao enjoy hearing the music at least.

But then again. Minghao thinks the music is loud enough to be heard from outside the room and through the corridor. And the room supposed to be empty because the owner has class to attend, or boyfriend to find. He just hope no one come knocking in and realize a stranger is in the room. Minghao doesn’t know anyone. He starts to regrets agreeing to go there with Wonwoo. He just hope Wonwoo find his boyfriend and back to the dorm soon so he doesn’t left alone like this.

But then again. He doesn’t really want to see Wonwoo bringing his boyfriend there. Two guys dating isn’t something his eyes can take at the moment. He doesn’t really like the idea of it. Maybe it’s better alone.

He sighs. It’s Dessert song now playing, at least Chan got some taste in music.

And as if peace doesn’t stay with him the door knocked as Minghao about to close his eyes. Minghao widen his eyes and freeze in his position.

“Chan?” heard a really low voice from outside. “Wonwoo?”

Minghao eye the door in horror.

“There’s no one in here,” the other voice says. It’s lighter than the first voice.

“But Chan’s music is on!”

“Then maybe it’s Chan,”

“But it might be Wonwoo!” the first voice seems flustered. The knocks on the door heard again, now harsher. “Wonwoo? Wonwoo! Are you in there?”

“It’s not Wonwoo, Chan must be forgot to turn off his boom box,” the other voice speaks again as the knock stops. “Stop harassing the door, we’re an outsider from this house, you don’t want people thinking you’re bullying the ferret’s people,”

Honestly, true. Minghao feels so scared just by hearing the loud pounding on the door.

“It’s Wonwoo. It must be Wonwoo, he doesn’t want to meet me,” the first voice speaks before then the pounding sounds again. “Wonwoo! I know you’re in there,”

“Honestly Mingyu-“

“Wonwoo please, are you hiding from me?”

“Why would he?”

“Wonwoo? Wonwoo can you at least answer from inside?” Minghao still freeze in horror. “Can we talk about this? Why are you ignoring me? Why you didn’t contact me since yesterday?”

Minghao gulps. What should he do now?

“Is he really mad?” the other voices again seems to start believing Wonwoo is inside. That means, Minghao is screwed.

“I don’t know,” the first voice sounds tired.

“What’s actually the problem?”

“For god sake I just told you I don’t know,”

Minghao decides to clarify the misunderstood. He can’t just let them left with thinking it’s Wonwoo’s inside and hiding from them can he? He slowly approaches the door and carefully unlock the door. He can feel the two person in front of the door become tense and move back a little from the door as their shadow from the door crack diminish.

He slowly opens the door and two tall person come into view. The taller one has a messy curly black hair and a slight awkward body. The other one has a skinnier body and a bit long dark brown hair that half of them tied to the back of his head. Both staring blankly at him.

“Uh.. um,” Minghao opens the door wider really slowly. “Wonwoo hyung left to find his um-” he glances at the two trying to figure out which one has the lowest voice and being the ‘Mingyu’ of Wonwoo. “-boyfriend,”

The taller one from both immediately ask. “Where did he go?” and he’s the owner of the first voice. It’s Mingyu, Minghao figures.

“Something Chan mentioned about cafeteria or library-“

And then Mingyu dashes out of there before Minghao even finish his words, not even saying anything back to Minghao.

He leaves the skinny guy staring blankly at him. Minghao feels super awkward and uncomfortable.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Wonwoo’s- um, friend,”

“Are you not from here?”

“Yes I just came to visit-“

“From china?”

Minghao raises his head to look at his eyes. How does he knows?

“You are? Wow, I don’t know Wonwoo has friend from china,” he says showing his full teeth while smiling. “But I don’t know much about Wonwoo anyway, that guy is super introvert,”

Minghao doesn’t really sure what to response for that.

“I’m Chinese too,” suddenly the guy speaks in his mother language. Minghao is surprised. “My name is Junhui,”

And again he’s not really sure to reply with Korean or Chinese. “I’m Minghao,” he decided to go with the flow. It’s good to talk in his mother language anyway, he doesn’t have to think about grammar before speaking. “How did you know?”

“You have a cute accent,” Jun says. “Not that it’s a bad thing but just figure that out, maybe because my boyfriend also got one too,”

Minghao chocks.

“You’re okay?”

Minghao nods.

Does every boys in this school like, doesn’t have any interest in girls or something?

“What were you doing alone?” Jun glance inside the room.

“Chan left to class and Wonwoo-“ he points to where Mingyu left. “I don’t know how to turn that off,” he says again pointing at Chan’s boom box now.

“Can I come in?” Jun ask but not really asking because he just slip into the doorway and walk to Chan’s bed. Minghao surprised by the action and he doesn’t know if letting someone into not his room is a good idea or not. Even if he seems to be friends with the owner of the room.

Jun slips beside the bed and turn off the boom box. It just about to play Michael Jackson’s Criminal. Then he’s back again to the door. “Sorry to barge in,” he smiles. “Don’t tell Chan kay?”

Minghao nods furiously.

“Anyway you’re going to wait Wonwoo in there until he’s back?” Jun says again as he fully out of the room.

Minghao nods again. This time hesitantly.

“I say it’s a bad idea because, well, it’s Mingyu he’s with right now, they won’t be back in another hours,” Jun is smiling. He’s s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter