What's your answer?

Through Friendship and Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Doyoon awakes in headache. It suddenly feels heavier as everything beside him spinning around.

As he feels the air out of him he coughs hard and trying to control his breath. His heart beating a little bit faster than normal.

His phone ringing so suddenly. Feeling Seungcheol a little bit too late to wake him up just now (because he’s already up), he glance idly to his phone on the table beside his bed. He’s confuse by what he sees.

It’s not Seungcheol calling.

And it’s already 9 am.

He’s already late for the morning class.

He grabs his phone and reject the call. There’s three missed calls. Seems like Seungcheol already woke him up but he didn’t hear the calls. If it's Seungcheol calling. Swiping his phone open to immediately check who’s calling.

All the missed calls weren’t from Seungcheol.

Doyoon frowns in between his headache. No but wait. Why isn’t Seungcheol calling?

Suddenly he feels something rolling down from his nose. He stretches his arm up to his nose. It's all red.

Then everything goes black.

 

 

 

 

The number you are calling is switched off. Please-

Wonwoo shoves his phone back to his pocket. Mingyu doesn’t answer. Might not holding his phone. Might be in class. Might be a killer teacher.

They’re already a minute away from his dorm. The ride was quiet, Wonwoo doesn’t seem to let Minghao into his life. Yet. And neither did Minghao. He just stares outside the window the whole time in quiet. When he finally turns to Wonwoo, it’s for his own concern.

"Hyung you have a roommate?"

Wonwoo nods. Minghao falls silent again.

"Do you think i can go to your class when-"

"No," Wonwoo says noticing Minghao's worry. Wonwoo understand. Minghao might feel uncomfortable if he left him alone in his room with his roommate, being a stranger in his dorm. Wonwoo is the one who invited him there though, he will at least try to make him feel comfortable. Going to his class with him doesn’t make him less uncomfortable. "I won’t go to class too, it's okay,"

He catches a glimpse of Minghao smiling almost hear a ‘thankyou’ in mandarin but he pretend he doesn’t hear. Minghao is actually a really nice guy.

The taxi stops in front of the Ferret House building, and Wonwoo step out of the car. Minghao follows behind him.

The building is four floor high and is painted in light brown color. It has a lot of wide window and everyone can see even from the ground all with dark brown curtain. There's a big Ferret mascot made of metal beside the main door, the mascot of the house. Wonwoo would think it's cute if the mascot doesn’t make a noisy sound every time everyone pass by there.

Ferret House is big. Of course. There are thousands students live there. It’s the biggest house in the school dorm, but it’s less classy than other house. After all, every new students live there first before they moved to other houses (if they do move), except for those who's originally in other houses.

“It’s big,” Minghao muses outloud, as they walk pass the main hall for everyone to gather. From there he can sees up to the 4th floor and so many students pass by. Ferret House has full facility for the students, include receptionist, student center, a small cafeteria, gym and all. Minghao seems really amazed when they pass the student center room too. It’s just Ferret House though. Other houses has more facility, bigger and classy one. Wait until Wonwoo take him to Eagle House.

Wonwoo lead them towards the elevator. There’s three elevator in the building, and usually it’s crowded as hell. Even Wonwoo choose to take the stairs other days.

It’s not crowded now though. It's rare to see the elevator line is not full of people. Might be because it’s already this late. The morning class already started and only 12th grader who doesn’t have morning class. There's only Wonwoo and Minghao, a girl from the second floor, and a blonde parted haired kid.

The girl seems on a hurry because after glancing her watch a few times and wait with them for thirty seconds, she decides to leave. Minghao trails his eyes on her until she disappears into the crowd. Wonwoo doesn’t even buy a look.

There's a tap sounds coming from his side. Wonwoo glance to the sound and found the blonde kid tapping the board beside the elevator. He’s not actually waiting for the elevator maybe. He’s reading the elevator manual and the list of rooms’ number from the board near the elevator. The kid looks confuse as he taps the board many times and mumbles to himself. Is he not from this house? Wonwoo raise his eyebrow when the kid slam his head to the board.

“What are you doing?” Wonwoo begin. Minghao’s attention is on the kid too now.

“Woah you surprised me!” the kid jump in surprise as his both hand goes to his chest. His eyes is really small but Wonwoo can tell he’s popeyed his eyes. “Where did you come from?”

Wonwoo frowns and Minghao furrows his eyebrow. It’s not like they’re in a room and Wonwoo sneaking to surprise him or something. They’re in public. Everyone’s passing by and still he got surprised by the person standing with him a minute already? Wonwoo’s amused.

"Does this place not has room list or some sign? Like which room students goes or where should we go to find a friend?"

Wonwoo furrows his eyebrow.

He’s totally not from this house.

Of course it has. Just ask the receptionist whose room he's looking for. Or better. Ask that person you want to visit to pick you up in the lobby. Some brain to use these days.

“Looking for someone from this house?” it’s Minghao asking, Wonwoo doesn’t ask such a oblivious question.

The kid scratches his back head. “Yeah,” his eyes making a hopeful look. “Does any Chan ring a bell?”

Minghao doesn’t answer. Wonwoo answer instead. “Yes,”

“Really? What room he’s in?” the kid blinks in excitement. 

“412,”

“Cool! Thanks!” he grins.

Then the kid stays still beside Wonwoo waiting for the elevator now with a wide smile. Wonwoo turns back to the elevator. Minghao seems to lost interest in the kid too. As the elevator doors open, the people inside burst out and Minghao has to move behind Wonwoo to let them pass.

The three of them went in to the elevator and Wonwoo presses the fourth button before the door closing.

“Your room in the fourth floor too?”

Wonwoo silent for a brief second to the question before realizing the kid is asking to him.

“You two are roommates?”

Minghao shakes his head furiously. “No, I’m just visiting,”

“Oh,” the kid nods, the smile from his face doesn’t disappear though. “What room you’re going to?” this kid really have so many things to ask, doesn’t he.

“412,” Wonwoo asnwers.

“Wow, you’re visiting Chan too?” now the excitement look is on again.

“No, it’s my room,” he replies flatly.

The kid widen his eyes. “Wow I got a jackpot,” he’s smiling brightly. Minghao smiles too. Wonwoo doesn’t feel like smiling.

They’re arrive on the second floor and a female student walk in to the elevator. Wonwoo shift aside to the kid’s side. "This house need to add lots of sign so people don’t confuse when they visit here,” the kid adds as the silent elevator goes on again.

Some houses has more signs than Ferret House. Of well, actually Ferret House doesn’t have any signs. All the student live there already know where to go and beside, who would want to visit Ferret House? It's not more interesting than other houses. 

“Which house you go?” Wonwoo ask suddenly feels interested. Might be Wolf, because he doesn’t look knowable enough to be in the Lion House or Eagle House, and he’s not that pretty to be in the Peacock House.

“Peacock,” the kid answer.

Oh.

Wonwoo eyes him. He just guesses wrong.

“I moved from here,” he adds seems to know what’s in Wonwoo’s mind.

Now Wonwoo feels guilty for eyeing him as if he judge him if he’s suitable or not in the Peacock House. He was actually judging though. He feels pity for those who’s not that pretty in the Peacock House. Well they must’ve done something beautifully to be in the Peacock House but still, everyone will judge their appearance too. Including Wonwoo himself. 

“Then, what did you do?” Wonwoo ask trying to make as polite as possible.

“I dance, beautifully,” again with making him feeling guilty.

“You’re from this house, and you can’t find your friend’s room?”

“In Peacock House you’re given list of everyone’s room without even asking,” he says. “It’s as simple as that,”

“Anyway, I’m Soonyoung,” he adds as the elevator bells heard before the door opens. The three of them walk out of the elevator.

“I’m Wonwoo,” Wonwoo says. He makes a right turn. The two others follows him.

“I’m Minghao,” Minghao says beside him.

“Wait? Wonwoo?” the kid, Soonyoung he just mentioned, widen his eyes. “Wonwoo as in that Wonwoo?”

Wonwoo send him an odd look. “Which Wonwoo?”

“Mingyu’s boyfriend?” he blurts that too quick Wonwoo doesn’t expect him to say the words.

Now Minghao is the one widen his eyes.

“Uh, yes,” he answers hesitantly. “That Wonwoo,” he can almost feel Minghao eye lids gets even wider.

Minghao might not be a fan of gay couple. Wonwoo should've notice this.

“Wow so it’s you people been fussing about,” Soonyoung gives him an approval look and smile even wider.

Forget about Minghao. What did he just say? He stops and turns to fully looking at Soonyoung. “What were they fussing about?”

“Nothing,” Soonyoung says letting out a nervous chuckles. “Nothing bad I mean,”

Still giving Soonyoung a suspicious look, he points towards the door in front of where he just stops. The number 412 is on the door. “here-“

“Wonwoo hyung! You’re back!” the door opens right before Wonwoo grab the handle. Chan, his roommate, also this guy Soonyoung want to visit, blinks a couple of times looking at all three of them in front of the door with a ridiculous expression, before continuing. “I just reject the call though he calls almost every minute!"

Wonwoo raises an eyebrow to his roommate. "Whose call?”

“It’s from Jun’s hyung phone though, is his phone dead or something?” Chan says again. “I didn’t know you’d back this morning I just told him you’re not here yet,”

“Where is he now?”

“Cafeteria maybe? He doesn’t seem in class though. I heard loud cries and all, definitely not in class or library,”

“I’m go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter