Saturday, The Usual

Through Friendship and Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The good thing about Saturday is that no one should wake up so early in the morning. Vernon can sleep all day long remembering there’s no class and no schedule for that day. He also can use the Friday night to play some games or do some quality time for himself until late and doesn’t have to care about his sleeping schedule because he doesn’t need to wake up early and go to school the next day.

Except, he couldn’t.

He got a surprise visit when he was preparing himself for a long movie marathon yesterday. He was going to ignore the knock but something brought him to the door, probably the possibility of the appereance of pizza delivery or something. But instead, he got a good looking dude with sullen face crying in front of his door. Vernon thought he knocked to the wrong room but then again, it’s Jisoo.

The sobs were stifled at first when he stepped in to the room and sit on the sofa, but then his face started to wrinkle and tears ran from his wrinkled eyes and dripped steadily into his shirt. Vernon could see the pain on his face and felt helpless about it. There was a rawness in Jisoo’s cry, like the pain was still an open wound. Vernon sit beside him, rubbed and patted him on the back, trying to calm him down a bit at least. Jisoo didn’t tell but Vernon already knew anyway. Jisoo pressed his forhead against Vernon’s shoulder and his cry muffled into loud sobs.

“It hurts,” he said in between his sob. “Make it gone,” Jisoo’s voice cracked. “Make the hurt gone,”

Vernon didn’t answer.

“You said you can help me,”

That got Vernon stopped patting him.

Vernon really can help him. He didn’t lie to Jisoo.

Vernon had seen this coming. Jisoo’s kind of stupid actually. Don’t get Vernon wrong, Jeonghan is a really nice kid, but his denseness is beyond amazing and almost can’t be differ from dumb. If Vernon was Jisoo, Vernon would already dated Jeonghan even marking Jeonghan as his for eternity, before Jeonghan can even see anyone else to fall for them. It’s Jeonghan, for god sake. Jeonghan is the type that one have to approach him from the front, let him see nothing else but the clear view of the approacher’s face, not by walking side by side with him where he can’t see anyone else’s face but the road. It’s just as simple as that for Jeonghan. Apperantly everyone else knows that but Jisoo.

To be said, Jisoo himself is in the same level as Jeonghan. The difference is, Jisoo is blinded by Jeonghan. While walking side by side with Jeonghan, he doesn’t see the road, he only see Jeonghan, so they’re walking by Jeonghan’s decision, not his. The only thing to make it stop, or helping Jisoo, is by snapping a finger to his face so he turns around from Jeonghan’s face and face the road instead.

That night probably the right time to snap a finger to Jisoo’s face.

Vernon told him to sleep and Jisoo lied down. But he didn’t sleep. He cried. Vernon heard him crying at least every hour that night. Sometimes the cry stopped, only to be continued later on. He probably just confessed and got rejected. He cried, like, literally all night long until he fell asleep in his cry, probably around three in the morning and Vernon already lost all his excitement to have a movie time. Vernon waited for an hour, already anticipated if Jisoo’s going to cry again but the latter didn’t and that when he finally can get his sleep.

And when he finally can sleep, his freaking alarm that he forgot to turn off blaring through his ear. And more to add to his miserable Saturday, his phone suddenly ringing, waking him up on force.

So now here he is on his messy bed with pillow on his head, hands searching phone somewhere near him on his bed. Freaking Saturday.

“Hello,” he puts his phone on his ear eyes squints shut again.

“Have you translated it all?”

Hearing a very familiar voice asking that kind of thing first time the phone being picked up, Vernon doesn’t have to check the screen to know who’s calling. “Really Seungkwan? You have to call me so early in the morning for that?” Vernon groans.

“What do you mean early in the morning?” heard Seungkwan’s confused voice. “I texted you yesterday that I’ll come today, at eleven,”

Vernon’s eyes blink open and he looks up to his clock. It’s eleven in the morning. Vernon groans again, louder this time. He stretches his arm and feet irritably. “I'm just awake, give me time,”

“Sure, I’ll come in fifteen minutes,”

“An hour,” Vernon says immediately settling himself up to sit. “In an hour, please,”

“Even girls don’t need that long to prepare,” Vernon can almost sees him frowning.

He rubs his face and muffles his groan. “It’s my Saturday, let me have my Saturday,”

Seungkwan sighs. “Alright, one hour,” then he hangs up the call.

Vernon falls back to the bed causing the bed making some creaking noise and followed by a small whimper. Vernon peeks from his position to where the voice come from. For a moment there Vernon forgot that Jisoo’s is in his room.

His phone beeps a couple of time before Vernon lazily grabs it again and slides it open.

1samuelpunch: ‘yo hyung, you free?’

Vernon facepalm himself. No. Not today. God please no. Why is this happening to his beautiful Saturday?

1samuelpunch: ‘I’m back from america~ miss me?’

Vernon silently groans. He furiously type a reply.

Vernon98: ‘not now cousin go away’

1samuelpunch: ‘Imma visit you today’

Vernon98: ‘I’m busy’

Vernon doesn’t have time to deal with his annoying cousin now. He has only one hour for himself.

He gets up from his bed ignoring another beep from his phone and walks lazily to his desk across his bed. He takes Seungkwan’s book and flips open the page where Jisoo’s pictures are in it. It’s still weird that Seungkwan keeps Jisoo’s pictures in it. Not just one, two. Both are a close up of Jisoo’s face. He looks really fine in those pictures, actually. Vernon takes Jisoo’s pictures from the book and put it in his wallet, replaces it with his own picture instead, make sure to pick the most handsome picture of his. Well, now Seungkwan can see his handsome face from that book and Vernon can see Jisoo’s face from his wallet, that’s fair enough.

There’s another whimper again, snatching Vernon’s attention from Seungkwan’s book to the sleeping boy at the sofa. Vernon puts his wallet down and slowly walks to Jisoo. He’s still sleeping, curled up in Vernon’s blanket covering him until half lower of his face, showing a wrinkled forehead and tired swollen eyes. He’s slightly shivering followed by little whimper. Bad dreams or freezing, Vernon doesn’t know. Vernon gently puts his arm on Jisoo’s forehead and Jisoo stops shivering. The wrinkles on his forehead also slowly gone. Bad dreams, Vernon’s sure this time.

His phone beeps again and Vernon sighs.

He stratches the back of his head as he walks to the bathroom. Vernon isn’t a fan of morning bath, but Seungkwan will come and there’s no way he doesn’t prepare himself for this. Might also need to clean his room a bit for this guest. His room is such a mess and he can’t let Seungkwan sees that.

It’s when he gets out from the bathroom topless with the towel on his wet hair, his door being knocked loudly. Thinking that it’s Seungkwan, Vernon immediately dashes to his desk and cleans up some books then to his bed and picks up things on the floor. “Wait!”

And while the knock on the door getting louder and Vernon’s getting noisier, the person under the blanket shifts on the sofa and slowly lifts his body up.

“Open the door Vernon,” heard voices from outside the door speaks in unison.

Vernon stops whatever he’s doing and blinks. Oh, it’s not Seungkwan. He sighs in relief and starts to slow down. He turns to Jisoo who is now half sitting half lying down with the blanket still covers him to his waist. His face looks tired and his eyes looks swollen as if his original eyebags isn’t clear enough already. He looks pitiful but somehow cute. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up,” Vernon says as he ruffles his hair with the towel and take some random black shirt from his wardrobe.

Jisoo’s tired eyes wonders around the room and stops at Vernon’s clock.

Vernon stares at him staring the clock for a moment before hearing the door getting knocked again. There’s also a lot of whining along with the knocks. He puts on the shirt and goes to the door. Jisoo’s eyes following him to the door and Vernon looks back at him before opening the door.

“What takes you so long?” Seokmin’s and Jun’s annoyed face come to the view as the door opened.

Vernon raises an eyebrow still standing in front of the door not letting them in yet. “The heck you should at least tell me before you came,”

“For what? Give you time to prepare? It’s just us,” Jun says. “Move over,” but Vernon doesn’t move.

“I drove all the way here from Lion House and you still make me wait this long to open the door?” Seokmin sulks.

“Dude, Lion House is just the building next to this,” Vernon rolls his eyes. “Where’s Mingyu and Seungcheol? Mingming not coming?”

Jun raises his shoulder and pushes Vernon to the side as he slides himself in to the room.

“Seungcheol’s taking Doyoon to hospital this morning,” Seokmin says as he follows Jun inside. “Mingyu will be here in a minute, and Mingming—ouch!” he hits Jun who stops midway.

Vernon closes the door and turns to them who are now stoned in their position, looking at the other person in the room with wide eyes. Jisoo raises his head and meet their eyes, he’s already fully uncovered from Vernon’s blanket and hold the blankets on his lap. Now he looks like a lost deer.

“I—“ Jisoo opens his mouth. “I think I better go,” he says as he slowly folds the blanket.

“Wait, no, it’s okay, don’t mind them,” Vernon says as he pushes Jun and Seokmin away from Jisoo’s eyesight.

Jun and Seokmin exchanges stares.

Jisoo slowly stands up. “No it’s alright,” he says offering a little smile, creaking a line to his eyes making it clearer to see his swollen eyes. “Thankyou for letting me stay the night, I’m sorry to bother you,” he glances to Seokmin and Jun and offers them his smile to before he walks over to the door.

“Jisoo,” Vernon calls when Jisoo’s fully out from Vernon’s room. Jisoo turns to Vernon. “If anything happen you can talk to me,” he says.

Jisoo just nods and then leave the place. And with that Jisoo’s gone through the corridor.

“What the was that?” Seokmin is the first to open his mouth when Vernon closes the door behind him. Seokmin and Jun already make themselves comfortable in Vernon’s room where Seokmin sit crossed leg on Vernon’s bed and Jun sit on Vernon’s mighty chair.

“What was what?” Vernon plays dumb as he jumps to his sofa.

“What was he doing in your room?” Jun opens his mouth too. “Slept over?”

Seokmin widen his eyes. “Oh my god Vernon did you and him—?!?!”

Vernon laughs to this. “As much as I hope that’s true, but no, im not that savage seriously guys,”

“You hope that’s true?” Seokmin furrows his eyebrow.

Jun frowns too. “Is there something between you two that we didn’t know?”

Yes, in progress. But also no. Vernon isn’t quiet sure himself. “Not really,”

“Not really?”

“Anyway, what were you saying about Mingyu and Mingming?”

Vernon is obviously avoiding the topic. But Seokmin answers anyway. “Mingyu is on his way probably arrive in a mere second, and Mingming,” Seokmin glances to Jun. “He propbably wont come,”

“Why?”

Jun raises his shoulder and spins on Vernon’s chair. “Don’t know, don’t care,”

“Oh? A fight?” Vernon raises an eyebrow. “That’s rare of you two,”

“They weren’t the only couple fighting yesterday,” Seokmin says. Vernon about to open his mouth but then the door knocks again and Seokmin jumps from the bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter