It's Called Flirting

Through Friendship and Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minghao doesn’t tell Wonwoo, but from what his mother told him, he’s pretty sure they’re really going to be stepbrother soon. Biologically, they’re already stepbrother. Legally, soon. That means, his family become bigger soon. That also means, less privacy and less love. That also means new life to get used to.

Minghao sighs. Well Wonwoo doesn’t look like a bad hyung, but Minghao doesn’t agree with the idea of adding another person in his family. Wonwoo must be thinking the same too. This is too complicated, his dad messed up big time. It’s lucky enough there’s no war explode among two mothers. He wonders how his dad survive if his mother and Wonwoo’s mother explode.

Oh well, worry about it later. Wonwoo will know soon anyway, but he doesn’t want to be the one who tell him about the decision.

He’s been wandering around the school for twelve minutes already since he heard the first bell. It might be break time right? When he separated from Wonwoo, he wanted to go to Wonwoo’s room and just stay there, but he forgot where his room at, what floor, what number and how to get there. That’s why he spent his time reading some books at the library until he heard the first bell and went out. He doesn’t know where to go, but maybe, finds something for his stomach.

“Oh! Minghao!”

Minghao startles. He immediately turns to the voice, thinking no one in this school knows him enough to call him, except Wonwoo, who pretty sure wouldn’t call him excitedly like that.

Oh it’s the guy from before. It’s Jun.

He approaches Minghao. “What you’re doing here?” Jun, as expected talks in his mother language. Minghao somehow is glad because finally someone to talk casually to.

“Nothing, just walking around,” he says.

“Wanna go to the cafeteria with me?”

Sounds great. It’s already afternoon and he didn’t have any breakfast this morning because Chan and Wonwoo usually don’t eat breakfast, so he’s really hungry right now. It’ll be weird if he go to the cafeteria alone, and he’s not sure he can orders food there because his language barrier.

Minghao smiles as he nods. Jun returns the smile before he gestures Minghao to follows him.

“So, how long do you plan to stay in Korea?”

“I’m not sure,” Minghao answers. “It depends,”

“Depends on what? On Wonwoo’s?” Jun accuses. Minghao only raises his shoulder. “What’s actually your relation with Wonwoo?”

“It’s uh, complicated,” he answers hesitantly. Jun raises an eyebrow. Minghao sighs. “It’s soon to be stepbrother maybe,”

“Wow,” Jun makes an ‘o’ with his mouth. “Cool, must be nice having him as your brother, he’s the best you know,”

“Really?” well it’s first to Minghao’s ear.

“Yeah, ask everyone,” Jun smirks. “His best achievement is when he turned Mingyu gay,”

Minghao widen his eyes. He shouldn’t raise his expectation if it’s Jun who says it.

They arrive at the cafeteria and Jun gestures Minghao to take some food on the food tray while he’s taking some for himself too. Minghao obediently follows Jun and because he’s not sure what to eat, he just take whatever Jun takes. After that he follows Jun walking towards a table. Minghao freezes suddenly. There’s someone at the table already and Minghao remembers him. The black haired guy from yesterday. It’s Jun’s boyfriend.

Jun sits beside the black haired guy and the guy raise his head up from his food. Jun calls Minghao to come causing the black haired guy averts his gaze to Minghao.

Minghao mentally face palm himself. He forgot that Jun has a boyfriend. At that time, he regrets wanting to go to the cafeteria with Jun. First, because his eyes can’t take it seeing boy and boy all lovey-dovey with each other, second, because the glare that guy sends to him. His hesitation become the biggest hesitation in his life ever.

Jun calls once again and snaps Minghao back to reality. Minghao sends an awkward smile while finally making his way to the table.

The guy’s eyes trails him until he takes his sit. The guy taps his hand beside his food tray then turns to Jun. “Who’s this again?” he talks in Korean.

“Oh yeah right, Mingming this is Minghao, Minghao this is Mingming,” Jun let out a quick introduction still using Chinese, before opening the food’s wraps.

“Uh, hi,” Minghao gulps. He’s not sure to use Korean or Chinese so he just use Korean since they’re in Korea.

The glare is still there.

“How did you two come here together?”  Mingming asks again, using Korean.

“I invite him over,” Jun answers again using Chinese and Minghao feels so weird being in there. “Anyway, he’s Chinese too,” Jun adds. “Feels great meeting another Chinese in this school, right?” he nudges Mingming’s arm. Mingming doesn’t respond and continuing eating his food.

Minghao tries to ignore Mingming’s glare that sometimes he sends whenever he raises his head from his food, and start to unwrap his food too. After all he’s there for the food.

“Oh did you sleep at Wonwoo’s yesterday?” Jun asks as he takes a big bite to his chicken. “How’s Chan? I always curious about that guy,”

“What about him?” Minghao asks back.

Jun plays with the vegetables on his plate. He doesn’t seem on eating it. “Heard he has the best taste in music, and he’s one of the best dancer in school,” he says. “Beside two others dance maniac that busy fighting with each other for the first place, of course,”

“I don’t know I never sees his dance, but yeah his playlist is the best,” Minghao answers as he stuffs himself with his food.

Jun nods and for a second there’s only sound of them munching before Jun opens his mouth again. “Can you dance?”

Minghao swallows his food and answers, “I can, but I didn’t join dance club, I joined linguistic club instead,”

By this Jun starts grinning wide again. “Cool, same as me, I would’ve joined the dance club if they didn’t make me the leader of Wushu’s club,” he says excitedly. Minghao raises his eyebrow. He didn’t know Jun has the same story as him. Pretty much the same story actually. He joins linguistic club because his mother’s will but he still can choose not to.

Jun swings his spoon around. “We should visit dance club sometimes, I mean if you’re still around,”

Minghao smiles. Sounds like a great idea. It’s been so long since he dance or see someone’s dancing. “It’d be great,”

“No it wouldn’t,”

Minghao slowly gulps. Mingming finally opens his mouth after letting the conversation go on. And he doesn’t sound happy.

“Um yes, it would, you say the same thing to me too yesterday,” Jun says not agreeing with his boyfriend statement.

“Shut up Jun,” Mingming hisses getting irritated.

Jun snorts. “What? You have written law saying I’m not allowed to talk?” he crosses his hands on his chest and even crosses his legs too.

“No,” Mingming glares to him. “But there’s unwritten law saying you can’t talk to anyone else but your boyfriend,” he swings his fork pointing at Jun.

Jun laughs. “We should break up if so,”

Mingming taps his finger on the table furiously chafes by his boyfriend words. “I’m considering it,”

Jun leans forward, face as close as possible to Mingming’s sullen face. He pats Mingming’s cheek lovingly and smiles. “It’ll be your loss honey,”

Mingming snarls out and slaps Jun’s hand away from his cheek. Jun just smiles and leans back to his chair. Mingming turns to Minghao and Minghao’s trying so hard to not look afraid.

“Why don’t you flirt someone else’s boyfriend rather than flirting one in front of his boyfriend?” he says, eyes darting knife to him.

“I, I didn’t,” he answers feeling offended. “I’m not gay,”

“Bull,” Mingming stabs his fork to his food rather harshly. “Mingyu says that thousands times before Wonwoo came,”

Minghao gulps. He doesn’t know what to say anymore to make Jun’s boyfriend stop accusing him flirting with his boyfriend. What to convince him that he’s not gay? Like, really not gay, that no gay people can even change that.

“I—I have a girlfriend,”

Though Mingming doesn’t believe it, the glare is soften but it’s still there. He stands up, gesturing Jun to go with him but Jun just shakes his head firmly. Then after a loud groans he left them.

Minghao couldn’t react anything, he only stares at Mingming’s back fearfully.

“So you have a girlfriend?” Jun asks breaking the tension Minghao feel.

“No,” Minghao says immediately averting his gaze back to the food. “Your boyfriend is scary,”

“He’s usually scarier than that,” Jun laughs. “Then you’re not gay is a lie too?”

Minghao sighs. “No it’s not,”

“Well you’ll have to get used to be around gay couple,” Jun suggests. “Especially when you’re going to have Wonwoo as your brother, Wonwoo is the gayest gay alive,” Jun says. “Not that it’s a bad thing,” he immediately adds. “He can turn Mingyu gay, it’s like the best achievement ever, isnt he amazing,”

Minghao sends him a look. It’s not amazing. Not in Minghao’s dictionary. Is it even possible to turn someone straight into gay?

“How can you know when you’re gay?”

“It’s when s doesn’t feel interesting anymore and when sounds so much tempting,” Jun answers it too fast and Minghao chocks. Jun laughs by his reaction. “Sorry if you feel uncomfortable, you asked that,”

“You should try,” Jun says. Minghao gives him a weird look and even push his chair away from the table. Jun laughs again. “Just kidding, don’t be too serious,”

Minghao suddenly regrets wanting to have friend around. He should’ve just stayed in library and slowly dying of hunger. Hunger sounds so much harmless than Jun.

 

 

 

 

After a minute of staring and hesitation, Wonwoo decides to just sit at the table accompanying someone that in the middle of savoring his cream soup, alone. It’s Seungkwan. They never really talk to each other, actually. Wonwoo only knows him because Vernon brought him to eat with them yesterday. Thinking Seungkwan seems to be a kind guy, Wonwoo decides to just eat with him, since Mingyu is nowhere to be seen.

Seungkwan looks up seems to recognize Wonwoo. “Oh you,” he says somehow forgetting his name. “Mingyu’s boyfriend,”

“Wonwoo,” Wonwoo corrects. “Mind if I join you eat?”

“Why? Your boyfriend forget that you exist today?”

Wonwoo furrows his eyebrows. He thought Seungkwan would just smile and say ‘sure’. Maybe Seungkwan isn’t as kind as he thinks. “Aren’t you in the same state as me if it’s like that?”

Seungkwan shows his confused face. “What are you talking about?”

“Does Vernon forget you exist today?”

“God, I hope that happen though,” Seungkwan rolls his eyes. Now it’s Wonwoo’s turn showing his confuse face. “He’s following me around it drives me crazy!” Seungkwan says while munching his food making his cheeck stuffed like a hamster and Wonwoo can’t help but finds it cute. “It’s a good thing he’s not in here now,”

Wonwoo raises his eyebrow. He thought Seungkwan is Vernon’s boyfriend or soon to be boyfriend, or something like that, because of yesterday.  “I thought you two-“

“No! Do I look like someone he’d fall for? Come on,” Seungkwan cuts him. Well Seungkwan did look like he wished he wasn't there yesterday but Wonwoo saw Vernon’s eyes and it’s a loving look where he only watched Seungkwan and laughed, one that Mingyu alway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter