Distraction

Through Friendship and Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Seungcheol didn’t mean what he said yesterday. But every time jisoo mentioned Doyoon’s name he’s reminded how Doyoon’s being an for not telling him anything but told Bobby instead. He decided to just have fun for himself a little. Jeonghan’s quiet cute anyway. After all Doyoon did that to him too.

His phone rings again and Seungcheol only sends a glance to it before averts his gaze outside the window.

“Stop being all gloomy like that and pick the call up,” Mingyu takes the phone from besides Seungcheol and looks at the screen. He gives Seungcheol a look. “Pick up, seriously,”

Seungcheol refuses to. His phone has been ringing for goddam minutes now but Seungcheol doesn’t intend on taking the call.

Mingyu rolls his eyes and swipe the screen. “He’s not here, he’s dead,” he says right after picking up the call. Before the person on the line says anything, Mingyu hangs up the call and throws the phone to Seungcheol’s bed.

Seungcheol eyes him retreating back to his own bed and sit. “Really nice, Mingyu,”

“Hey, I helped you,” Mingyu protest. “If you don’t want to answer it then reject it. It’s noisy," he takes his towel off his neck to his head and ruffles his hair with it.

“What are you doing anyway,” Seungcheol says. “You usually haven’t awake at this time,” Actually the one who is noisy is Mingyu. He woke up probably at six and doing something on his bed that involved moving a lot, causing the bed creaking so much, stopping Seungcheol’s dream and making him awake. He usually didn’t awake until lunch time, unless it’s exam week, then he’ll go to Wonwoo’s room to study date.

Mingyu giggles in sheer delight. “It’s Sunday dude, everyone’s wake early in Sunday and go to the church,”

Seungcheol snorts. Mingyu doesn’t even go to a church. And his giggle is disgusting. Seungheol shakes his head as looks at his phone’s screen and notices 7 misscalls from Doyoon. Seungcheol regrets nothing. How does it feels being ignored like that?

Not a moment later his phone rings again, and Seungcheol buries it under his blanket.

Mingyu gives him a disbelief look. “Can you at least make him stop calling?” He says as he goes to take Seungcheol’s phone from under the blanket. He stares for a moment before rejects the call. Then he types something and shows it to Seungcheol’s face.

 

To Do-Bae

‘Seungcheol doesn’t want to talk to you atm’

 

Seungcheol doesn’t even show interest anymore. He just raises both eyebrows and ignoring Mingyu’s hoping-for-a-reaction expression. Mingyu hisses as he clicks send. “Geez, what is it this time?” he asks as he throws the phone to Seungcheol. “Why the two of you always fighting? I’m getting tired,”

Seungcheol lets the phone falls on the bed and hisses. “Oh shut up, like you and Wonwoo doesn’t fight often,” Seungcheol himself is tired too. He doesn’t want to fight like this right now, but he can’t help but feeling so angry because of yesterday. What did Bobby mean? Doyoon’s going to join them to America? What did Doyoon tell Bobby to take them to that conversation? How could Doyoon decided to leave to America when he didn’t say anything to Seungcheol? Seungcheol knew how Doyoon likes baseball and want to become a great baseball player in the future. He’s already a great baseball player right now actually. Seungcheol wanted to be a part of Doyoon’s future too. But why did Doyoon keep pushing him away every time Seungcheol talked about the future? Doyoon could at least tell him about it. Seungcheol would never stop him to pursue his dream. He just need to know how to help, then he’ll help until Doyoon reach his dream. But seems like Doyoon doesn’t think the same. Doyoon not love him anymore? Maybe he see Seungcheol as an obstacle or a burden that drag him away from his dream? It must be it, isn’t it? Why else he didn’t let Seungcheol involved in any steps he takes to his future?

He gets up from his bed and walks towards his wardrobe but stop midway.

A break. Maybe they needed a break. Maybe he should ask for a break. But what if it’s not a good idea? Like when Seungcheol decided to go back, it’s already too late and Doyoon’s already in America? Or will they take a break until Doyoon’s return from America? What if it takes too long that it’s not a break anymore? Seungcheol groans. It’s usually not this hard when they fought.

“What’s wrong?” Mingyu asks looking weirdly at him. Seungcheol need a distraction, he doesn’t want to think about this at the moment. He needs to just have fun.

He grabs to his coat and wears it.

“You’re going somewhere?” Mingyu asks again.

He goes to put his shoes on. “None of your business,” Seungcheol walks towards the door.

“I swear you’re getting more and more of an every day,” Mingyu beats him to it and slam the door before Seungcheol reach it.

“What you want me to do? Hanging out with you guys today too?” Seungcheol raises his voice feeling annoyed.

Mingyu raises his eyebrow. “Too? You didn’t even hang out with us yesterday,”

“What are we? Bunch of teenage girls?” Seungcheol groans. “It’s ing Sunday, everyone go one a date,”

“Your date trying to reach you but you turned him down, explain your own words,” Mingyu demands.  

“I don’t mean me,”

“You don’t mean anyone, everyone’s in a fight,”

Seungcheol rolls his eyes. “Yeah and you intend on having one too with me,”

Mingyu doesn’t answer for a brief second before he let out a deep sighs. “Let’s not, I’m tired of all the fight,”

“Good,” Seungcheol pushes Mingyu aside and opens the door. He walks out the room but stops when he notic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter