Happiness and Sadness

Through Friendship and Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A small hand, came into Jeonghan’s view. Jeonghan raised his head up and saw a kid around his age squatting in front of his hideout.

“It’s okay, I’m a friend, I bring an umbrella,” he wasn’t soaked. Someone’s standing behind him holding an umbrella.

Jeonghan didn’t reach the stranger’s hand. He curled deeper in the crawling tunnel.

Jeonghan’s mom told him not to wander too far but Jeonghan didn’t listen and his little walk with humming brought him to a small playground Jeonghan wasn’t sure where. By the time he realized it’s already dark, the rain came. Jeonghan forgot how to get home. He tried walking back from where he came but he got lost and ended up at the playground again. He cried and hid in the crawling tubes until the kid found him.

“I’m Jisoo,” the kid said. “It’s cold, you can get sick,” he offered his hand again. “Come on, my house is near here,”

Jeonghan hesitated for a second but because it’s getting colder and he prefered somewhere else that can protect him from the rain, he reached to the kid’s hand. The kid wrapped Jeonghan with a coat and he held Jeonghan’s hand as he led them to his house. Jeonghan could never forgot the warmth that he felt when the kid rubbed Jeonghan’s hand so he didn’t feel cold anymore. It’s warm. And Jeonghan suddenly forgot that he was afraid.

Jeonghan liked it.

It was the first time he met Jisoo.

The second time he met Jisoo was when Minhyuk brought him to the playground again. Jisoo invited the two of them to his house but minhyuk declined because he had something to do. Jeonghan played with Jisoo that day.

His house was really big and there’s so many servants and maids in Jisoo’s house. Jeonghan found out that Jisoo’s rich. His parents worked in America and everyone in the house called him ‘Young master’. But even though there’s so many people in Jisoo’s house, Jeonghan can feel the loneliness.

“I give you permission to be my friend,” Jeonghan said while Jisoo’s braiding his hair, one day in Jisoo’s room. “But you’re not allowed to abandon me,” Jisoo didn’t answer, but Jeonghan saw his face through the mirror. He smiled his widest smile.

Jeonghan liked Jisoo.

Jeonghan visited him every day since then. Because Minhyuk moved to another city, Jeonghan only played with Jisoo. Jisoo and Jeonghan was never separated. Never even a day they passed without seeing each other face. Jeonghan liked Jisoo, to the point on getting afraid of growing up. Jisoo mentioned once that his family probably going to live in America. Jeonghan didn’t want that to happen.

“If we’re growing up, would we be still together like this?”

“We have to, I don’t have anyone but you,”

“Then don’t leave me, I don’t have anyone else but you too,”

“I won’t leave you, I promise,” and the next day Jisoo declined his parents offer to take a school in America.

Jeonghan really liked Jisoo.

Jeonghan managed to get into the same high school as Jisoo. He was so happy they’re roommate. He didn’t have to worry for not seeing Jisoo anymore, they were practically seeing each other’s face every time they opened their eyes. He liked Jisoo so much that he couldn’t get enough of his jokes, his laughs, his smile and everything. He liked being around Jisoo. The feeling of being needed and the empty feeling whenever Jisoo’s not around, it became an every day’s feeling. They’re living a quiet lovely life, the two of them. Then someone else got into Jisoo’s life.

“I’m moving to the Eagle House,” Jisoo said and Jeonghan couldn’t hide his sad feeling. “But I promise to crash in every day, isn’t that what we usually do, right?”

Introducing his new roommate to him is a must, Jisoo said, after leaving Peacock House for two days already. He insisted to stay at his old room until the new roommate came.

Jisoo’s the one who opened the door when his new roommate came. Jisoo greeted him for Jeonghan.

“I’m Jisoo,”

“Soonyoung,” They shook hands. “You’re my roommate?”

“No, I’m the previous owner,”

Soonyoung’s a bright kid and Jeonghan was glad for that because their character clicked. Just within two days they’re already acts like best friend. But somehow, Jisoo was happier than ever.

Jisoo laughed more than he usually laughed. He joked more and he’s opened up more. Jeonghan liked the new side of Jisoo too.  But why did it come out just now?

“Ah why do I have to move away,” Jisoo said when Soonyoung finally moving in. They’re sitting on the floor eating food when Jisoo said it. “It’d be great if I get you both as my roommate,”

Jisoo never talked much about his new roommate. Maybe Jisoo himself didn’t really know about his roommate. He always spent his days in Jeonghan’s and Soonyoung’s room. Spending the day with Jisoo always brought them to Soonyoung at the end of the day. Most of the time because Soonyoung sulked about being left alone and asked Jisoo’s help for his homework. Jisoo always said he didn’t want to help but he helped him anyway.

“How did you have it?” Jeonghan asked when Jisoo took out a spare key of his room from his pocket when Jeonghan forgot to bring his key with him.

“Soonyoung gave it to me, he said I can have it,”

Jeonghan didn’t want to state what was on his mind that day.

Jeonghan liked Jisoo. He didn’t feel threatened. He felt like sharing.

 

“I think black bobbed hair suits you,” Seungcheol says pulling Jeonghan back from his tought. He’s standing behind’s Jeonghan looking at the mirror while touching Jeonghan’s hair. “What do you think?” he looks at Jeonghan through the mirror. 

Jeonghan looks back at him as he shrugs on his sit.

Short hair? Ah. Short hair. Jeonghan takes a deep breath while looking at himself in the mirror. He imagines himself having a short hair. When was the last time he got his hair cut short? How short is short? What if it turns out bad? What if it doesn’t suit him? What if he’s meant to have long hair?

He sighs. Jeonghan hates going to a barber shop. It’s more terrifying than Jeonghan thinks it would.

Seungcheol grabs Jeonghan’s cheek in both hands and pull the face up so it faces Seungcheol’s face. Seungcheol’s palms are warm. “Jeonghan are you listening?” he says to Jeonghan’s face. “You’re not okay with that?”

Jeonghan chuckles and shakes his head on Seungcheol’s hand slowly. His hand goes up to grab Seungcheol’s hand. “No, it’s just, I’m afraid of how it would turn out,” he says as he slowly let go of Seungcheol’s hand off his cheek and looks back to the mirror.

Seungcheol smiles as his hand starts Jeonghan’s hair. “You’re already handsome do you even know that?”

Jeonghan’s feeling weird. Jisoo’s always playing with his hair, them, braiding them, combing them, anything. But Seungcheol’s touch is different from Jisoo’s touch. Jisoo’s more to a caring and sweet. Seungcheol’s not only just caring and sweet, it’s also full of domination and protection. Jeonghan suddenly feels like wanting more of the touch.

Jeonghan’s smile slowly gone. He shakes his head.

What is he thinking? He shouldn’t be like this. He can’t.

He glances to Seungcheol that starts to talk to the barber.

What does he feel about Seungcheol? Why does it feel so warm and joyful and comfortable around him? Does Seungcheol being like this to others too? Does he not give his kindness to his boyfriend only? Seungcheol have a boyfriend. Jeonghan shouldn’t feeling this way about Seungcheol.

But then, Seungcheol have a boyfriend, and yet he’s here accompanying Jeonghan having his hair cut. Jeonghan doesn’t understand what, but he’s pretty sure that means something. It’s just the same as when Jisoo helps Soonyoung doing his homework. Is it not the same? No?

“I like long hair, but you’ll look good otherwise,”

“Jeonghan?” Seungcheol calls and Jeonghan blinks a couple of times. Seungcheol raises his eyebrow. He leans closer to Jeonghan’s face. “Are you okay? Because if you don’t like it we can just go back, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable,”

Jeonghan clears his throat. “Black,” he says suddenly as he turns to the barber beside Seungcheol who looks at him expectantly. “I want to dye my hair black,” he repeats. “And cut it just a little bit shorter than now,”

“Of course,” the man said and goes to take his equipment.

Jeonghan turns back to the mirror and sees Seungcheol smiles. Jeonghan smiles to him too. Seungcheol retreats his hands off Jeonghan’s hair and about to walk away.

“Where are you going?”

Seungcheol stops walking and looks at Jeonghan. He laughs as he takes a sit beside Jeonghan. “I’m just walking to the chair, princess, what is wrong with you?”

Jeonghan nervously laughs.

Princess.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Mingyu that’s savage,”

Seungkwan hears after a few minutes of whispering. Though Seungkwan can still hear clearly all the whispering.

“Sshhuuusss!”

What’s the point of shushing them? Seungkwan heard all of it already. Seungkwan isn’t that close to Wonwoo, still, he feels bad for him. Mingyu is indeed savage.

He glances at them from his laptop’s screen.

“That’s stupid, he’s going to find out,” Jun says leaning back to the bed.

Mingyu pouts. He hugs tighter the pillow under his chest as he swings his feet up and down in his lying position. “He insisted, he wanted to meet my mom,”

“What if your mother mentioned your fiancée in front of him?” Seokmin’s the only one sitting cross legged on the bed. His hand nonstop feeding his mouth with chips.

“If that happens, you’re a dead man,” Jun says again.

Seokmin shakes his head furiously. “Abort mission dude, bring him to the amusement park instead,”

Mingyu’s face turn sullen. “How? We'll end up fighting again, I don’t want to fight,”

“It’s better than he find out and break you up, you can always make up if you’re fighting,” Jun rolls to the side, facing them with one hand supporting his body and rest his head on it. He starts eating the snack too. He glances at Seungkwan and Seungkwan immedi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter