An Open War

Through Friendship and Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll call you later,” Chan says “Sorry,” he adds and after a few second of hearing his girlfriend whining over the phone he finally hangs up the call. Not a minute after, his girlfriend sends him a massage, telling that she’s sorry for being loud and tells him to take a rest. Chan smiles. He’s glad to have such an understanding girlfriend. He got to make up to her for this.

Chan stares at the outside of his window dorm. It’s and dark outside. They doesn’t get a good view from there though they’re at the fourth floor already, it isn’t higher enough to get a beautiful night view. He can only see half of the street and almost all of the view is trees, and if it’s not trees then it’s the parking lot. He hopes to get a higher floor in the Wolf House so the view can get wider and more interesting too. But he still has to enjoy the view that night though, it’s his last night in there after all.

Chan sighs when he remembers it.

It’s supposed to be a happy night and a memorably last night, have a goodbye party with his roommate or anything else. But instead, he got a crying Wonwoo barging into the room, jumping to his bed and buried himself under the blanket. His last night wasn’t supposed to be like this. His only reason of wanting to have a memorable last night at the Ferret House is because of Wonwoo. It’s so Wonwoo doesn’t feel sad about him moving away to other House.

Chan has already know something is wrong when Soonyoung came back to the dorm alone without Wonwoo, only to deliver the food and leave again immediately.  Chan tried to think positively, hoping Wonwoo doesn’t come back home in a bad mood or anything, and spend the rest of the day packing with the help of Minghao. Turns out, well, probably a really big fight happened with Mingyu. Now it’s harder for him to leave the Ferret House.

He turns to back to the room and closing the window behind him, seeing Minghao who’s staring at him hopefully. Minghao didn’t say a word since Wonwoo came to the room, instead his eyes keep doing the talking. Then Chan turns to see Wonwoo who is now sobbing under the blanket. It has been an hour since Wonwoo barged in crying and buried himself under the blanket. Chan was on the phone and he had to pause it and continued it later just to end it immediately.

“Hyung,” he calls and gets no answer. Chan sighs and approaches Wonwoo to his bed. “Hyung, you and Mingyu hyung should stop fighting seriously,” he says shaking Wonwoo’s bed a bit but Wonwoo still doesn’t respond anything. “Hyung, I’m moving tomorrow and Minghao hyung will also go back to his home, what are we gonna do about you? How can we leave you in this kind of state?”

Wonwoo doesn’t answer and only shrugs under the blanket while continuing sobbing. Chan turns to Minghao asking for help.

“Should we leave him alone?” Minghao whispers to Chan and Chan thinks it’s a good idea.

Chan stands up from the bed and goes to take his jacket from the wardrobe. “Let’s go Minghao hyung,” he says and Minghao immediately stands up too. They head to the door and Chan glances worriedly to Wonwoo.

“I think we need to go to the Eagle House,” Chan says as he opens the door.

Minghao gives him a confused look.

“I think I need to talk to Mingyu hyung,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jisoo’s coffee just being delivered when his phone vibrates. He takes his phone from his pocket as he thank the waitress.

It’s Soonyoung telling him Jeonghan’s looking for him before then back to sleep again. Jisoo chuckles. Jeonghan looked like he won’t wake up until tomorrow morning earlier, and Soonyoung looked tired, so Jisoo decided to just left their dorm and let them rest. It’s cute how Jeonghan’s awaken just to look for him. Jisoo decides to give a surprise morning visit for him tomorrow.

He puts his phone back to his pocket after texting a sweet goodnight message to Jeonghan. It’s already really late, but Jisoo doesn’t find himself tired or sleepy, so he decided to go to a café near the dorm. He doesn’t intend on sleeping early so it’s okay to order a coffee, it’s not like he’ll wake up late tomorrow anyway. No matter what he did the night before he’ll wake up early every day. It’s already a habit. A good habit though, Jisoo can do anything quality if he wakes up early.

“No don’t answer it!”

Jisoo turns to his left to the source of the voice. The two persons sitting next to his table are somewhat arguing about something, loudly, until one of them, the taller of the two stands up and takes a call to the corner of the café. Jisoo has never seen them before but they doesn’t look like they’re students from Mounteen High. The guy who’s left at their table face palm himself and constantly scratching his bluish hair. He has a wide ear and a really pale skin. Probably a model? His tall friends look fashionable too though. When Jisoo realize he’s staring too long, the guy catches his eyes and Jisoo immediately averts his gaze.

Jisoo doesn’t want to cause a problem with someone he doesn’t know.

And right when he averts his gaze to the front, his eyes fall to a really familiar figure sitting across his table, back facing him. For a mere second, Jisoo got tensed when he recognize the person.

It’s really hard not to recognize the person that bothering his mind recently, even with his oversized jacket on and messy black hair. It’s Seungcheol. Why is he here? Does he usually go to this café too? Of all people, why it should be him that is there at the same time as Jisoo? Did he know that Jisoo is there too?

Jisoo then swirls his coffee slowly as he watches Seungcheol quietly. Something probably bothered him because he keeps tapping his fingers on the table and constantly turning his other palm into fists. He seems mad at something somehow. Not that Jisoo cares, but then his low groans starts to make Jisoo curious.

Then suddenly Seungcheol slams his phone to the table, loud enough to surprise everyone at the café. And he bangs his head to the table and doesn’t lift it up anymore. What could bothered him so bad like this? Is he having a fight with Doyoon? Or is it because Doyoon’s sick? Or anything else?

Seungcheol’s like that for five minutes and got jisoo tired of watching him. Then at that time, the tall guy that was on the phone earlier walks back to his table with a really irritated looking face, stealing Jisoo’s attention from Seungcheol. He throws the phone to the other guy before reaching their table and the other guy catches it.

“I told you not to pick up the call, Hyungwon,” the other guy says to the tall guy.

Jisoo’s eyes are just leaving them and back to Seungcheol when the tall guy mutters loudly.

“Minhyuk’s really crazy,”

Jisoo raises both eyebrows and flicks his ear open to the mention of a familiar name.

“Tell me about it,” the blue haired guy says in responds.

The tall guy shakes his head furiously. “No, Shownu is, he’s out of his mind,”

The blue haired guy laughs. “Well, who’d reject Minhyuk if he’s like that? It’s not Shownu’s fault,”

“Normal people won’t easily seduced if they have a boyfriend already,”

“Hm, Minhyuk’s different though,”

Jisoo doesn’t see what happened but probably Hyungwon hits the blue haired guy that named haven’t mentioned yet because Jisoo heard groans from the latter. And without Jisoo’s knowing, he’s absorbed to their conversation.

“I’m just joking Hyungwon, god your temper!”

Hyungwon apparently doesn’t feel guilty a bit and just calmly take a sip from his drink. “He flirt to you to once,”

“He flirts to everyone,” the blue haired guy states.

Hyungwon puts his drink and sighs. “I seriously think he should just date Jeonghan so he can’t flirt around,”

Jisoo’s chokes on his drink.

He should what with who?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter