Saturday Continues

Through Friendship and Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seungkwan huffs as Vernon leans back to the chair leaving his phone screen still on.

“Looks like they’re telling us to have a second dinner,” Vernon says. Seungkwan taps his finger on the table as he glances to all the foods.

Vernon’s friends are unbelievable! How could they made Vernon buy all the food and then tell him that they don’t need it because they’re all not in Vernon’s room anymore? Did they do that on purpose? It reminds him of the high school era, seriously, when one bullied the other. Is this what it is? Seungkwan finger stops and he raises his head to see Vernon. “Are you being bullied?”

Vernon looks puzzled. “No, why?”

Seungkwan puffs out his cheek. “You look like you’re being bullied though,” He leans back to the sit and swings in feet in rhythm. He sees all they food again. It’s too much for the two of them. Vernon ordered the most expensive one just like what is written in Jun’s list. And more over, it’s with Vernon’s money. Seungkwan has already had the feeling that they bullied Vernon since in Vernon’s room earlier, it just doesn’t seem right to ask him there.

Vernon smiles. “You’re worried?”

“No,” Seungkwan immediately says as his feet stops abruptly. “But you know, you can’t say that one is your friend if they only around to use you,”

Vernon chuckles. “Don’t worry I can take care of myself,”

Seungkwan pouts and crosses his hands on his chest. “I still think you’re being bullied, you should stop hanging out with them,”

“Then who should I hanging out with?”

Seungkwan furrows his eyebrow and thinks. “Not them,”

Vernon smirks. “You? Okay then,”

“Wait, no, not me, other guys. Just not me and not them,” Seungkwan shakes his head furiously. “Not that I hate you or anything, but yeah, personal reason,”

“What’s this personal reason?” Vernon eyebrows knitted together. “Afraid you’ll like me?”

Seungkwan ignores him. He still can’t believe how can Vernon waste his money just for those who doesn’t appreciate it? “How did you befriend with them anyway?”

Vernon raises his shoulder teasingly. Seungkwan gets annoyed. He stomps his foot and looks away. “How can someone like you have friends anyway,”

Vernon laughs. “What’s wrong with me?”

“Everything,” Seungkwan sulks. “But then again, everything is wrong with your friends too so I guess that’s how,”

“We’re actually bunch of really kind people you know,” Vernon says. “You just have to spend more time with us to know that,”

“No thanks, I don’t think it’s such a good idea,”

Vernon raises an eyebrow teasingly. “You sure? This kind of question didn’t asked to just anyone you know,”

Seungkwan hisses. “I’m just curious of how you became friends with them,”

“Seokmin and Mingyu are classmates and I’m Seokmin’s neighbor, that’s how,” Vernon says. “Wonwoo was always around too because he’s always with Mingyu. But he’s somehow really introvert, didn’t click well with me and Seokmin, moreover he’s missing a year after so,” he lifts his shoulder. “Then Seungcheol joined in second year because of Mingyu, I don’t know, something about teaming up to beat Jihoon once, but they became really close since,” Vernon continues. “That automatically made us close with Doyoon too, just like Wonwoo, but well, Doyoon clicked more with us than Wonwoo,”

“Oh,” Seungkwan responds, couldn’t find any better word to state reacting to Vernon’s story. Well, it’s seen that Wonwoo and Doyoon rarely join them sometimes, but then Seungkwan isn’t always with them so who knows? “What about Jun?”

“It’s Jun hyung for you, he’s older than us,” Vernon tells and Seungkwan blinks. He does look old somehow. “He joined in the third year, he hadn’t moved to the school yet but he hanged around with us for a year, so he’s already familiar with everyone when he moved to the high school,”

Well okay, at least it explain his arrogant character, it’s because he’s older. Some seniority soul he got there. Seungkwan never really like Jun since their first time meeting. First impression is what matters to Seungkwan.

“So, considering to be part of us? The door is open for you,” Vernon asks suddenly as he put his phone to his pocket. He gives his widest smile to Seungkwan and pulls out his two fingers to Seungkwan. “You can be a part of us in two ways, by time or by connection,”

Seungkwan raises an eyebrow. He sounds like a seller like that. “What?”

“By time, means you can spend your time to hang out with us until we’re close, just like Seungcheol and Jun did,” Vernon folds his one finger. “And by connection means you can just date one of us and be close to us, just like Doyoon did,”

Seungkwan couldn’t even react to that.

“I have suggestion if you chose the connection way,” then Vernon points to himself before opening his hands wide. “I’m available,”

To this Seungkwan laughs loudly. He can’t believe what he just heard. Vernon’s crazy. “Geez what are you even saying,” he says and clears his throat. “No thanks, I’m not thinking to spend my time with bunch of dummies,” he waggles his palm up. “Even if I am to join by connection I wouldn’t chose you,”

“Who’d you choose?” Vernon asks. “Everyone’s taken. Well, Seokmin isn’t yet, but you don’t want to be with that crazy person, trust me,”

Seungkwan laughs again. You’re crazy too. Why would Seungkwan choose Vernon? He is no different with Seokmin anyway. “Let’s just go back,” He says not wanting to continue the absurd conversation.

Vernon laughs. “You’re really cute,” he says looking at Seungkwan feeling the latter wanted to say something back, but then Seungkwan closes his mouth. “You’re free to choose anyone,” Vernon says again as he stands up and takes out his wallet. “But still, I’m available,”

Seungkwan refuses to see Vernon’s winking face but then when Vernon turns around to the cashier Seungkwan smiles.

Vernon’s actually really kind. Seungkwan has never had a friend to talk freely like this. It’s like having a brother. Seungkwan always feels lonely but it’s somehow feel different now. Even though he said that he doesn’t want to befriend with them, actually seungkwan wants to have friends like Vernon has. Seungkwan wants to have a lot of friends. Maybe Vernon isn’t so bad. Maybe Vernon’s friends also not so bad. Seungkwan just has to open his eyes and heart more. Probably, this way he could have more friends. He should be thankful to the English teacher that paired them two. Vernon is kind after all.

Vernon pulls out the card from his wallet and left his wallet hanging. “Hey watch out,” Seungkwan says afraid all the inside fall out. It doesn’t fall though so Seungkwan let it be. Then he sees it. Seungkwan blinks and squints his eyes to see better to Vernon’s wallet.

It’s not really a clear view from Seungkwan’s sit, but it definitely familiar and Seungkwan recognizes it. It’s someone’s picture, someone Seungkwan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter