Taeyong - A Case of You

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s different.. Still good, though, but not your best.”

That was the fourth time my customer complaining about my coffee’s taste today. This wasn’t me at all. Last time I made such a terrible coffee when I and Johnny fought over my jealousy. But I was new barista here, I was the unpopular one. So my boss forgave me by saying that it usual for a barista to have to fail in making coffee for the first time. This time, my boss wouldn’t be happy if he found out.

I should admit that my thought wasn’t with me. Wasn’t sticking onto my brain. My brain itself wasn’t working properly. A deep feeling of guilt kept haunting me. I couldn’t work. I haven’t slept properly for days either. Jaehyun’s face was glued on my sight all the times. And I couldn’t get rid of it.

“That’s not good, Taeyong-ssi. I saw Taeil frowned when he left. He didn’t finish his coffee also.” Mark showed up.

I sighed deeply, didn’t know what to say.

“I don’t know what’s happening to you. If I can guess, you probably have a problem with Johnny. But I hope you guys can make it up soon. You don’t want to lose your customer, do you?”

I hoped so. If the problem was Johnny, it might be easier. I knew him better than anyone else. Only his parents can beat me on this. I knew how to talk or handle Johnny if we have a situation. The thing was, it wasn’t Johnny.

“Now off you go. You have to attend your dance class, right?”

I nodded. “Thanks.”

“What for?”

“For your understanding.”

“Sure thing. Hope you can solve it soon.”

*

           

I should be relieved since Jaehyun agreed to cooperate in covering the previous scandal. Was it too harsh by named it as a scandal? I didn’t mind, it was a scandal, though. But after I emitted it out, my feeling got deteriorated instead.

He totally stopped texting me. He said he would arrange a feign date to cache the truth from his parents, but he didn’t make it at all. At the other side, I was too reluctant to call him firstly. What if he’s still mad at me? He said he would forget everything and pretend that everything was fine but I knew it was dissimulated.  

I couldn’t get through a day without thinking about him since that night. The vision of his cold face while speaking to me was stacked onto my brain, sending me into a fool Taeyong who couldn’t do anything.

Eventually, I couldn’t explain my feeling. I couldn’t explain what my heart wanted to say. Jaehyun kept popping up on my mind. And didn’t know why I really want to meet him. I wanted to see his face, his figure. I just.. I just wanna see him. Did I miss him? I brushed off the thought immediately. I just felt bad. No other.

My dance class was better than my working time. The dance was definitely a shield for me. Despite I was in the loss for couple times during the session, I could pass it well.

“He is singing!”

“Really? I want to see him! Let’s go there.”

I heard some girls were talking happily. Not only them, some boys also headed up to the room at the corner. I was about to ignore them but suddenly I heard someone said ‘Jaehyun’. My head spinning rapidly, searching for the source which was turned out derived from the crowd.

I approached the room. It was closed but since it has a large glass window, everybody can see what’s inside. I saw Ten there, staring at something or maybe someone inside the room with admiration.

I peeped in. He was there, standing gallantly, his right hand was holding a paper and his left hand landed on the standing microphone in front of him. I could see Mr. Baekhyun commanded a cue then started to play the piano while Mr. Park Chanyeol started to play the guitar. And Kim Jaehyun started to sing..

 

I will forget you. Starting today,

I don’t know you. I have never seen you.

We never even walked pass each other.

I’m okay. I forgot everything. I’m happy with my busy life.

I’ve met a great person too.

 

He has an angelic voice. He can sing very well. I could feel my heart sang with him. And.. Did I just realize or he was more handsome than Jaehyun who I met weeks ago?

 

Love is always like this. It fades away after some time.

Can’t even remember it.

 

Why did he look morose? I knew it’s a popular sad song which originally sung by the popular band. He sang it very well and I can say his expression and the way he sang it to describe the song perfectly.

 

When love goes away, another love comes again. It definitely will.

Even if it hurts now, it will heal a little later.

It will forget. I will too.

 

Why I suddenly remember the night? Why the kisses, hugs, and touches which I managed to forget just flashed back to my sight? Why my bitter words to Jaehyun can be heard in the air? Why my denial of the night just came back and made me felt bad? Why my rejection of reality just hit me now? Why did my heart.. feel a pain right now by hearing him singing?

 

It’s not difficult. I will forget everything after today.

I’m just getting used to my changed life.

 

Love is always like this. It fades away after some time.

Can’t even remember it.

 

Did he sing for the night? Why did I feel he was singing for me? Or worse for us, for what was happening between us. My heart lurched. The song was too sad and I felt the lyrics connected me to the invisible things between us. Did he contrive to forget everything through this song?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter