Side Story - A Summer Convo, Over Coffee & Cakes

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was shining brightly when Johnny decided to go out for a walk and got some fresh air. He decided to settle down in New York, signed up again into the college and did a part-time job at a coffee shop which was well-known for its good coffee taste. He loved the smell of coffee, so decided to save his money, learn more about business so perhaps one day he could make his own coffee shop.

After a year of leaving Seoul, everything felt so calm. Albeit initially, he was in pain, it’s not easy to let go of the person you love and gave it to another man, right? But he could not do much because, in fact, Taeyong indeed fell in love with Jaehyun.

Sometimes, he blamed himself as the reason why Taeyong left him. He always had a thought that he was not good enough or not quite handsome and not rich enough to make Taeyong remain by his side. But he realized, with such thoughts, it was equal to degrade Taeyong and make him looked like a mercenary.

He loved Taeyong as he loved his own life. He knew Taeyong as he knows himself. He knew Taeyong was a strong figure but also fragile at once. He knew Taeyong was a loyal man, not easy for him to fall to another man. He knew Taeyong loved him only and would remain with him if Jaehyun had never appeared in their life.

Then he began to blame Jaehyun. If only Jaehyun had never appeared, if only Jaehyun had never paired with Taeyong, if only Jaehyun had never stated that he loved Taeyong at the end, of course, everything would be fine.

But again, he thought that there was no one deserved to be blamed because he and Taeyong probably should only be together until a certain time and Jaehyun was a person who would continue in charge for Taeyong’s happiness. So he decided to forgive everything and reconciled with his past. He had to live in peace for the sake of his future.

Johnny visited his favorite bakery just down the road. He decided to buy a chocolate cake and a croissant with a frappuccino blended for breakfast and spent the morning in the park before heading to the college.

“Yes, with no sugar. And.. Can I have a cheesecake also?”

Johnny heard a voice with a thick Asian accent. He turned around and found the figure of a man he knew well when he was still living in Seoul.

“Ten?”

The man turned. He then gasped when he saw who was in front of him.

“Johnny!” Ten exclaimed cheerfully. “What are you doing here?”

Johnny smiled widely. “I live here now. Move on from the past. I sign up in a local university and get a part-time job in a coffee shop currently.”

Ten nodded. “Wait, I gotta pay this first.”

He handed some cash money to the cashier then walked out with Johnny.

“So, how about you? What has brought you here?” Johnny asked when as they walked down the street, heading to the park. 

“Dancing.” Ten answered in confidence.

Johnny took a glance at him. “Dancing.. Hm.. Interesting.. I remember you were in the same class with Taeyong. But if you decided to get this so far, means you appreciate what you have right now and you intend to develop it to be better and better.”

Ten smiled shyly. “Wow, Johnny.. It’s heartwarming. Thank you for the sweet words. I didn’t expect you would react like that but yeah..”

“Is it can be considered as sweet?” Johhny giggled, earning laughter from the latter. 

When they arrived in the park, Ten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter