Jaehyun - Right Here Waiting

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been almost a year since he left. I was able to my days well and as usual. I went to the class, preparing my final before graduation. I attended private class running by Mr. Choi every Monday and Wednesday to learn the business. I went to gym every Tuesday and Thursday. I went to groceries with appa every Friday and ended up helping him cooking our lunch on Saturday and spending my Saturday night with Yuta and Hansol. And having the whole Sunday for my own, thinking about him, wondering what he was doing, wondering if he thought the same with me, wondering if he lived and ate well.

Yuta had numerous times telling me to think about my decision before sending Taeyong abroad.

“Everything could be solved if you guys stick together and trying to solve the problems.”He said that time.

Yes. The point was ‘together’. But sometimes, only you can solve your problem without the intervention of others, especially when involving your heart.

Taeyong and Johnny had been together for 3 years. Taeyong only has Myungsoo hyung and Johnny before I got into his life. For Taeyong, these two were heroes since the death of his parents. It’s not easy to find a substitute for your parents, right?

When Taeyong Johnny he could begin his future with, I suddenly appeared and messed things up. I knew that was a set from our both parents but I didn’t think by involving in would destroy some hearts.

I loved Taeyong and wished to make him happy. But how could I I have omitted his face and to return it I should make a hard decision : send him away. He needed time to think and make peace with his past. He needed space so he can rearrange the pieces of that had already shattered.

With my presence in the vicinity, it would only make it more difficult get everything done. He needed to be alone and think clearly. So I did set everything up, of course with the approval of Myungsoo hyung and my parents. I sent him to the place where I could easily come in case something bad happens to him.

To where I knew he would be fine since that’s my best friend’s hometown and Taeyong could speak the language. I bought him a house with space for dancing since everybody knew he loved dancing. He worked in my best friend’s mom’s restaurant and worked as a dancing teacher for kids on the weekend.

To be honest, let Taeyong go was the hardest thing in my life more than when I let Keane left my life. Yes, we broke up. He declined it that time but I thought he really needed to neutralize his feelings. If he wanted to forget Johnny, he needed to release my grip at least till he’s sure that our love can be rekindled.

Yes, it was hard, especially for him. But surprisingly he agreed to leave because he knew that’s the only way. Move away from everything might remind him of the past and breathe the fresh air in a new place. That’s all he needed. Yes, we both got hurt, especially we promised not to contact each other until he's ready. And I’ll be here, waiting for him. No matter how long would it take, as long as I live, I would wait for him.

*


Daddy asked me to start working as an intern in his office after graduation. I liked his idea for giving me an intern position and gave me the freedom to choose where to work afterward. I expressed my opinion right before my graduation, I said I considered to work somewhere else rather than in my dad’s company.

It did not mean I refuse to be the company successor but I wanted to learn more out there and definitely be back after. I wanted to have another experience working in another place.

Daddy and appa were agreed. They said more experience made me capable and rich in knowledge.

Working in a big company was hard as hell. Everybody was busy from Monday to Friday. Task list was more than ten points in every single day. Set-up meetings, making reports, calling clients and preparing business trip were my jobs. Yes, it sounded like a secretary sometimes but my dad ensured me that to apply to other company, I really needed to learn the basic.

Sometimes I got home late, sometimes I arrived on time for dinner. Appa often scolded my dad for making me stay longer in the office even though it was all my decision to finish my task list before going home.

But I thought it was better than having free time in the home doing nothing. My mind would think about Taeyong. And I would have thoughts of everything and the sense of longing would appear and got me breathless.

The only thing got me glad was that I knew Taeyong felt the same way and he would keep the promise. I didn’t have any doubt on him. I just hoped everything would be fleeting and he would back to my arms again.

*


The time passed by slowly. Despite I was busy with my daily activities, but not a single day I passed without dreaming about him, without missing his appearance, with no desire to touch him.

‘How are you? Are you okay? Do you think of me like I dream of you? Are you still mine?’

Various questions spinning in my head liked an endless series of words which forcing me to constantly remember him.

“She keeps glancing at you since she sat down there.”

I didn’t even turn to figure out what kind girl Hansol was referring to. My eyes were focused on the moon. It reminded me of the great moment we’ve shared together, precious moments which may not be replaced by anything.

“Jaehyun-ah..”

“Leave him alone.” Yuta rebuked Hansol.

“If he really missed you or even remember you, he should call you or at least text you.” I heard Hansol spoke.

“I said leave him alone. Do not interfere with his business. Mind yours!” Again, Yuta rebuked Hansol.

“He is my friend. And I care about him. How could you let him be morose like this all the times?”

“He just misses him. They promised they won’t contact each other until Taeyong is ready to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter