Taeyong - Too Hard To Say Goodbye

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny sat in front of us, staring at Jaehyun like a lion watching over the prey. My hands were as cold as ice. If it was not because Jaehyun who held my hand tightly, I would definitely run away.

Johnny kept staring at Jaehyun for minutes then suddenly turned to me. “Taeyong, why are you sitting down there? You should sit beside me, right?”

‘I’m dead!’

I was about to answer when Jaehyun spoke. “He will sit beside me from now on.”

‘Oh, no..’

Johnny’s eyes back to Jaehyun. His gaze was no joke. “Why?”

“Because I’m here to explain something,” Jaehyun answered.

Johnny lifted one eyebrow. “Really?”

I couldn’t lift my face. I couldn’t face Johnny at all. I was afraid. I really hated myself for being so weak. I couldn’t tell him I was in love with Jaehyun and I had decided to be with Jaehyun. It’s hard. So damn hard! But my heart couldn’t lie, the beating belongs to Jaehyun since the night we’ve shared together. I knew it’s painful for Johnny but how can I explain everything to him? I knew a coward like me never deserve his love.

I heard Jaehyun spoke. “I apologize, Johnny-ssi.” he paused a moment then continued. “I don’t intend to hurt you but I have to admit, that I.. love Taeyong. I know it’s wrong and I just like a man who has no pride, stealing other man’s boyfriend and..”

Johnny cut him off. “I think you’ve known my plan already. I told you because I trusted you. But what I get now is a betrayal. It’s like you steal my gold then you wear it in front of me with no shame.”

I confronted myself to speak. “Johnny..”

“What?” He replied me with a sharp tone, as sharp as a knife.

“Please hear my explanation.”

“Explanation? What explanation? It’s clear already. I left for weeks, leaving you with a hope you’ll keep your heart for me as you promised. And what I get in return? A betrayal. You know what makes heartache?”

I didn’t even dare enough to say ‘what’ though my curiosity mastered me.

But thank God he continued. “I asked you many times about this but you comforted me. You said it never happens. You said you only love me. You said you don’t have something for Jaehyun. I wouldn’t be this hurt if you admit it earlier. So I can prepare my heart earlier too. So I can prepare myself in case a like this happened : you prefer to be with him rather than me. It’s not Jaehyun’s statement while ago that kills me, but all of your lies. It’s killing me, Taeyong. It’s killing me!”

I couldn’t hold the sore in my chest. Every single thing Johnny said was true. I should tell the truth earlier. I wish I could go back to the time he asked me so I can tell him that I have doubt on my feelings to Jaehyun.

But everything’s too late. I couldn’t just return to Johnny after I wounded him once inside. But I also can not just leave Jaehyun who has had my heart.

“Please don’t blame him. I’m the one to blame. I was the one who persuaded him to choose me. I was the one who dangled like a tail, trying to get him indecisive.”

“I don’t talk to you.” Johnny replied sharply.

“Johnny, can we talk about this personally? Just you and me.” I ventured myself to talk.

Johnny fell in silence. I was waiting for his answer when he suddenly stood up.

“Sunday then, you know the place.” He said and left.

I sighed heavily. I knew the place he meant to.

“I know what you feel this time. Let's finish this together. Let’s find the way out. I am here for you.” Jaehyun said as he grasped my hand.

The only thing I could do was nodded. I couldn’t think about Sunday and the consequences for leaving something precious.

*

 

He was there, sitting down on the seashore. He looked thin and uninspired. His eyes were blanks and his lips were pale. My heart was in painful for abandoning him and became sicker because I knew I was the cause of his physical changes.

“Hi..” My feelings of guilt became greater when I sat next to him.

He lifted his face. Hey, he still looked extremely handsome though sorrow hanging in his face. He didn’t say anything. He didn’t even move to give me a sign that he was the one who invited me here.

After ten minutes of silence, he spoke. “Do you still remember this place?”

‘How could I forget? The very first time we met here. We talked for hours that only seemed like minutes.’

“This place has everything about us. From the day we met until now we’re going to separate.”

He paused then smiled before continued. “I used to piggyback you while we were walking down the seashore, enjoying the sunset and the waves. You used to hold me close while saying you love me. We used to make this place as a refuge when we did not want to be found by anyone. And now, this place will be a witness where everything ends.”

I tried my best to hold my tears but it fell down anyway. I could no longer to defend myself. It would only get Johnny accruing pain.

“Do you still remember everything?” he asked me.

I nodded in silence.

He sighed. “Time passes so fast. I never thought this day would happen too. I still remember the wonderful times we shared, the feelings of desire and love.. Just couldn't be compared to anything in this world.”

I really didn’t want to hear any words anymore because everything he said was true. The more he spoke, the more I felt increasingly guilty.

He tried to smile but I only saw a bitter one. “I apologize if I did something wrong before. Or for every inappropriate act I did. Three years is not enough for me. Many things yet I do for you. Many promises I haven’t fulfilled. Therefore, please forgive me with all of my flaws.”

“Johnny, please.. Don’t say such a thing. You don’t do anything. You don’t break the promise. You don’t do any mistake. I am the one who should apologize. I should apologize for breaking my promise, forget about fidelity and give my heart to another man. Please stop blaming yourself.” I begged. I couldn’t hold my tears anymore. I couldn’t cry in silence anymore. This felt so painful, piercing me to the bones.

“You know..” he sobbed. Oh God! He cried too. “I was desperately trying to convince myself to let you go when I knew that I no longer have a place in your heart. I can't explain it but it's true, I cannot help myself from wanting to be with you.”

“Johnny..”

He didn’t give me a shot. He kept talking as there was no interr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter