Jaehyun - The Trouble With Love Is

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I watched him sleeping. He’s so adorable. It’s hurting me to see some bruised in some parts of his body.

            “Why are you so stubborn?”

            I turned, Yuta was there, just got back from the toilet.

            “How can I leave this to you? I won’t.”

            Yuta rolled his eyes. “You have a fever right now. You are supposed to be at home now, rolling in your bed, covered by a warm blanket. Not defy the cold night. I said I can handle this. You can come here tomor..   

            I cut him off. “I can’t. I was worried. What if.. something bad happened to him?”

            He sighed. “It’s bad anyway. What do you expect?”

            I stared at him, he still sleeping. If my dad found out what actually happened, he would pick me up here and lunge me up with thousand questions. So I lied to my parents that my fever had gone and I have to finish the team assignment with Yuta.

            And Taeyong.. he came to me, acted like he cared. Why did he touch me? Why did he worry about me? Why did he beg me to stay? I think he rejected me indirectly through his rude words. So why did he came? He said he wanted to talk. What was about?

            He moved a bit then slowly he opened his eyes. At first, he stared at me in disbelief. On the next second, he smiled. But after, a tear fell from his eyes. He’s crying. That time, things about Lee Taeyong suddenly disappeared.

*


            “Thank you so much for helping him.” I said earnestly.

            “Please don’t mention it. You’ve said thank you for million times since last night. Really, it’s nothing. When something happens in your neighborhood, that will be your duty to help, right?”

            “But still, I can’t imagine what will happen to him if you weren’t there.”

            Ten smiled. “Jaehyun-ssi, this is occurring frequently since he’s back.”

            “Really?” I smiled bitterly.

            “According to Yuta-ssi, the boy is your ex, isn’t it?” Ten asked. His face showed great curiosity. I didn’t want to answer but remembering he had rescued him, I just nod.

            “Ah.. I see.. A lot of hearts will be broken then.” He said tauntingly.

            I leaned back and laughed. Ten was a nice man for sure. He’s from Bangkok but his family moved to Seoul several years ago. We’re currently attending Seoul Art & Music but he’s signed under dance and I signed under singing, both of the classes were under Music department. Lately, we attended music instrument class, he played guitar and I played the piano.

            “So, do you still love him?” Ten asked.

            “Why do you ask such a thing?” I asked him back.

            “I’m not a fool. You came to the hospital in high fever just 20 minutes since me and Yuta called you last night. You talked to doctor seriously and you paid the hospital expenses for him. You even asked Yuta to come back home and volunteer to take care of him by yourself. He’s not your family, only your ex. So I assume that you still love him. Am I right?” he spelled out his thought.

            I sighed. I knew my demeanor might readable. A denial wasn't helped but I finally told him a few my thoughts.

            “Yes, he is my ex-boyfriend. We parted three years ago after three years of relationship. I don’t know if I still loved him but I was super worried when Yuta said he found him in Seoul several days ago. He decided to scout him and discovered his dad still committed his favorite things to do : torture him. It’s been happening for years since his mom passed away. That’s why he moved to his origin country and preferred to live with his aunt, to avoid this. But I don’t know why he’s back.”

            Ten nodded. “He was running off of his house with cuts and bruises marked on his body when he crashed on me and went unconscious. Yuta appeared all of a sudden then we called you. I thought he was a bad son so he got beaten but Yuta explained the reverse version.”

            “That’s why I was so worried. He was saved with his aunt, why he’s back?”

            “Jaehyunnie, he’s conscious.” Yuta emerged from the room.

            I and Ten raised and walked to the room with long strides.

            Yuta was right, he’s conscious. His beautiful eyes still spark as usual. He smiled a bit but I can felt his sadness. He’s skinnier but his handsomeness still can be seen. Hence my heart’s still pounding faster.

            For the first time after three painful years, after the heartbreak separate, after an oath, I made for not remembering anything about him, and after a pledge, I won’t ever mention his name again, the word came out flawlessly as it trained to say it for my whole life..

            “Keane..”

*

           


            It’s been five days he has been hospitalizing. He got better. He’s still the same Keane I ever was known. Still humble, still cute, still kind-hearted and still made warmth in my heart.

            “Come on, one more and I promise this is the last.”

            He looked hesitated but he ate it anyway. I rushed to the hospital after the class and insisted on feeding him. I missed the singing class also. Mr. Baekhyun might scold me later but it’s not my first point now.

            “Thank you.” he said in a whisper.

            “For what?”

            “For helping me. And for being here.”

            I smiled. “Please don’t mention it.”

            “I couldn’t imagine what will happen if Ten-ssi didn’t find me that night.” his eyes became teary.

            “Why you’re back? You know what it would be if you back.”

            He’s crying now. “I couldn’t live my life at all. It was empty. But I tried to live normally, let bygones be bygones. Till I heard my dad was very sick. I’m his only child, even though he’s harmful toward me, I’m still his son. I have to go back, to respect him. At least I can do something to cure him.”

            I felt sorry for him. He was a nice kid with lovely parents. One day he and his mom involved in a car accident that killed his mother. His father couldn’t face the reality of losing his wife and blamed everything to Keane. He hated Keane since then and did harm thing to his only son. Keane even got beaten often.

            “And I’m sorry.” He added immediately.

            I squinted. “Keane..”

            He shook. “I still feel bad if I see you. You’ve been hurt because of me. How can I face you now? Shame on me to get help from the one who had suffered because of me.”

            “Could you please stop this?” I asked. “What’s the point to pry the past? I don’t want to remember what’s been elapsed.”

            He lifted his chin, looking at me in the eyes. “I miss you..”

*

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter