Side Story - Unexpected Confession

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doyoung sipped the hot chocolate in his grip. He looked out the window, staring at the rain outside. Working was so boring lately so he made a cup of hot chocolate then escaped to the recreation room, a place provided by the management for the employees who wanted to take a break for a while during working hours. They’re allowed to be there for 15 minutes only. Sometimes some of the workers played the PlayStation or just lay down, taking a nap.
He enjoyed the rain so he didn’t notice another person came into the room.

“Do you really like the rain?” a voice surprised him.

He turned and saw a man with beautiful face smiled at him.

Doyoung squinted, he thought he met this guy before but he couldn’t remember when it was exactly. Doyoung could guess the man’s age was around early 40. His face showed that he’s a caring and kind person. And he didn’t know where he had a thought that the guy was rich and smart. He must be one of the heads of department.

Doyoung shook. “Not really. But the rain helps me a lot lately.”

“Really?” the man said as he sipped his coffee.

“It helps me to get closer to my crush,” Doyoung said without any second thoughts.

He didn’t understand why he told the older man about this. They haven’t spoken earlier yet, though he thought they’ve met before. But Doyoung just followed his instinct. He could feel that the man can be trusted.

“Yes. I learned that my crush likes coffee and hot chocolate so much. I saw him worked really hard lately. I don’t know why. It could be he has many things to do so he works hard to get promoted or he has a problem that only he knows and he kills the time by working like a machine. I hope the first thought is the right reason but why my heart says otherwise?” Doyoung explained.

“May I know who’s the man you’re talking about?” the man asked.

Doyoung felt a worried but he spoke it out anyway. “Kim Jaehyun.”

There’s a pause. There’s no sound. Doyoung turned to see his company. But the man was staring to the drop of the rain on the glass wall.

“Do you know Kim Jaehyun?” Doyoung asked, then added, “sir..”
He smiled.

“Sure. Who doesn’t know him?”

Doyoung nodded. “Agree. He is the CEO’s only son. He is rich, talented, hot, handsome, smart, kind-hearted, and..”

“Calm down..” the man said as he laughed. “You sound like you adore him so much.”

“I do. I'm creepy, right? But who doesn’t?”

The man nodded. “So that’s the reason why you like him?”

“Not really. It’s rare for me to fall in love. But when I meet someone’s right, I would know. And Jaehyun just poached my heart since several months ago.”

“So what makes you think that Jaehyun is having a problem rather than working hard to get promoted?” the man asked again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter