No More. No More // Chapter Two

No More. No More

“Why are you so worked up over a beggar across the street?”

“Hyung, it’s the boy from the town square. You know the one that I talked about yesterday?”

Namjoon did not understand why Hoseok reacted the way he did until he was grabbed back onto the couch.

“Listen, I remember fully well that yesterday he was dancing for money, dancing.”

“And so?”

“The boy is missing a limb Namjoon!” Seokjin came in from the kitchen to see what the commotion was about and took the file from Namjoon’s hands.

“Namjoon-ah, maybe you should talk to the Beggar Leader. Taehyung’s also been watching him lately. Nothing good has been coming from it.”

The four of them sat in silence until they heard Yoongi walk up the stairs, “I’ll talk to him, if you don’t want to.”


 

Jimin was shaking in shock as he watched strangers avoid him by walking off the sidewalk. “Help. Someone please.”, tears were running down his face as a young girl dropped a few coins in his cup. His stomach was empty and questions were making him dizzy. What was happening? Where was he to go? Where did the Beggar Leader go? And just like clockwork, a hand reached for the cup in front of him.

“Little boy? Your pitiful appearance has gotten quite the response. There’s even a bill in here.”

“G-Give it back.” Jimin’s voice quivered but he nonetheless tried to reach up for the cup.

The man tsk-ed as he threw Jimin a bottle of water and a slice of bread. “You now work for me, so give me respect and I’l keep you alive.”

Grabbing the bread, it disappeared within seconds and the water was tucked into his arms before giving a weak glare.

“Now I’ll be back tomorrow morning. Stay alive.”

Jimin gave one last grunt as he watched the man walk away. His money that his leg earned him. His money that he gave away his pride for. Looking back at what was left of his leg, the slice of bread found it’s way back up his throat. He looked around, the streets were not like any that he's seen before. The unfamiliarity made him curl up into a ball against the cold wall. But with nothing more than a bottle of water to lose, he was able to fall into a dreamless slumber.


“Why are you suddenly so interested?”

Yoongi gave a shrug. “I feel like if you go you’re going to do a half-assed job. And if Hoseok goes, I’ll bet you ten that he’ll overreact.”

“Go for it.”

With the ok from Namjoon, Yoongi grabbed a few extra bullets before leaving the warehouse. Once he stepped out of the front door, it wasn't hard to miss the boy on the other side of the street. And even from where he was standing he could tell the boy was shivering against the harsh autumn winds.

“Yoongi hyung?” Taehyung ran up to him, “What are you looking at?”

He gave a pointing finger directly across them. “The dancer that Hoseok was talking about. I’m going to find the Beggar Leader, go inside though. I think Seokjin is almost done dinner.”

Watching his figure walk away, Taehyung looked over to the shivering boy and decided to go take a closer look. He dropped a few coins into the paper cup before he noticed the odd way the boy’s jeans looked. Jerking back after he noticed the missing limb, he pulled his wallet and threw in a few bills. The weekly trips to the arcade be damned.


 

Yoongi found the man in an alley in the middle of a conversation with a old woman and three children.

“Where’s the money?”

The woman had her gaze towards the ground. “My grandchild had a fever, I had to buy some medication otherwise-”

“That is no excuse, the more pitiful you look, the more money you’ll earn.”

“Please, I’ll earn more tomorrow to pay off today.”

“And how will you do that? You can’t even make more than five dollars in a single afternoon.”

 

The gun felt light in his hand as he pointed it to the leader’s head. “Sorry to interrupt but may I have a word with you?”

Taking the chance, the woman took the children and scurried off. Yoongi’s stance didn't change as the leader came to stand right in front of the gun.

“You wouldn’t shoot.”

Yoongi smirked before pointing the gun down. “Of course.” A loud bang was heard and the leader fell to his knees. “I wouldn’t shoot your head. But I wouldn't overlook me. I heard you’ve been messing with a lot of the street acts lately.”

“Just trying to make my business run smoothly.”

“You’re forgetting the agreement we had. You can do what you want but not overdo it.”

“Killing off the seniors is not overdoing it.”

“Yes, but what you did with that dancer is something you’re forgetting.”

“I didn’t know he was in partnership with you.”

“He isn’t.” He bent down to his level. “This is my one warning to you. Next time it won’t be me who comes to talk to you.” Yoongi turned as he sighed, pointing the gun to the sky and let off three shots. “I really wanted to see more blood too.”


 

When Jimin woke up, it was pitch dark out and the restaurant had started to close. Not able to go anywhere, he decided to count the coins in his cup before dropping it in shock. Three twenty dollar bills along with a fifty curled itself inside the paper mold and Jimin had to rub his eyes twice before taking it out and stuffing it in his pocket. He left enough coins to look believable and sat looking at the sky waiting for morning to come.


Three weeks went by and Hoseok was getting antsy. Everyday he walked by the sleeping boy across the street made his heart shiver in guilt. For what reason he didn’t know, maybe it was from experiencing the happiness the boy radiated while dancing and suddenly seeing a drastic change or from the fact that all he could do was drop his coffee change into the cup before hiding in fear that the boy might have seen who he was. All Hoseok knew was that the boy was getting skinny and lifeless, he needed to do something.

All six of them had given the boy money, it had been a while since they went to the arcade but no one was complaining. Even Jungkook, who barely stepped out of the warehouse, stopped to drop his entire change wallet after walking by him the first time. “I can play some games with Taehyung on the TV.”


Three weeks went by and Jimin was tired. Everyday was the same. Same bread. Same water. Same coin collecting. It was becoming a schedule that he was becoming accustomed to. Which made it easier to realize that something was off today. The Master usually came by before the restaurant opened but it was already noon and people were bustling in and out of the small diner. The sky became dark and Jimin collected the bills that were in the cup to add to his small stack of bills in his pocket. A day without any food or water had made him feel more weak than he already did. Leaning against the cool brick wall, he felt small flakes softly fall onto his face.

Snow.


“Seokjin hyung! It’s snowing!” Taehyung was already putting his scarf on and looked inside the closet for his mittens.

“It just started to snow so you don’t need to be bundled up. But can you and Jungkook go to the store and buy some milk? Its a must on the first snow to drink hot chocolate.”

“Gotcha.”


Snow. No. If it snowed, he didn’t have a blanket, nor did he had a jacket. Master wouldn’t be so heartless as to leaving him in the cold, right? But glancing at his leg, his hopes couldn't be heightened. If he’s capable of this, than he's definitely capable of that.


Jungkook was walking behind Taehyung as he watched him jogging while looking up. He breathed out a puff of air and turned his glance to the boy across the street. The said boy was looking up and was also puffing into the sky.

“Hyung?”

Taehyung turned to face the same direction. “Let’s go, maybe when we come back we can give him some hot chocolate.”

Jimin was no doubt sleeping when they came back with a bag of milk and marshmallows. They quickly ran inside to help Seokjin with preparing the seven cups of hot chocolate before the golden question was asked. “So, who’s delivering this to him?” Glances from Hoseok and the two youngest were exchanged before Yoongi took the extra cup nonchalantly while muttering a low “little kids”.


The snow had just begun to cover the grounds when Yoongi bent to the boy’s level. With a gently nudge, his eyes fluttered open.

“Did Master send you?” Within the three months, Jimin had learned to call the Beggar Leader by Master, otherwise his lone slice of bread would become half a slice, or more. It was a habit more so than a matter of choice.

“I’m here on my free will. Now here take some hot chocolate, it’ll warm you up.”

“Who are you?” Jimin was hesitant on taking the hot chocolate but the small marshmallows that were floating on top were tempting him.

Yoongi gave a small grin as the boy took the cup with shaking hands. “My name is Yoongi. Social worker.”

“I’m Jimin.”

“And I’m Hoseok.” Popping from behind, Hoseok sat beside Jimin with a small bag of cookies. “I told the two brats to stay inside to help clean up.”

“I’ll leave you two here then. Bye Jimin.”

Jimin gave a small wave before glancing at the bag. “May I take one?”

“We’ve got plenty at home so keep them all!” Not being fed properly for the past month made the cookies disappear while Hoseok got himself comfortable.

“I saw you dancing a few weeks ago.” The last cookie in Jimin’s hand was lowered from his mouth. “I thought it was really sick.”

“Really?”

“Yep, it was like a new show every day that I passed by the town square. What happened to your leg?”

“Our Master cut my leg after I refused to work for him.”

Hoseok’s blood ran cold. “He did this to you?”

The boy gave a small nod and huddled into himself more. “I’m slowly growing accustomed to this though, it’s not like I had anywhere to go.”

“Still, he doesn’t have a right to do this to you.” The anger in his tone made Jimin shrink even more into his arms. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. But listen here, keep staying alive and something good will come out of it. Trust me.”

“What makes you so sure, I’m useless. No one is going to want me for anything.”

“I’ve seen bigger miracles happen. I’ll come around the same time tomorrow with some more cookies. Maybe you can meet my other brothers.”

“Was it the blue haired man?”

“He’s one of them, but trust me, there is a few other people I’d like you to meet.”

Jimin looked away. “Why are you being so nice?”

“You heard Yoongi hyung from earlier, he’s a social worker, and all of us are too so it’s kinda second nature to us now to take care of others.”

“Well then, thank you, Hoseok-sshi.”

“No problem, and you can just call me Hyung.”


 

“You told him you were a social worker?”

“It wasn’t a lie.”

“It wasn’t the truth either! What if he calls the actual social service office and asks for you?”

Hoseok walked back to catch the two eldest arguing. “I’m going to look for the Beggar Leader tonight. Where’s Namjoon hyung?”

Seokjin caught his elbow before sitting him down at the kitchen table. “Calm down Hoseok, what happened?”

“I wanted to make sure that it was the Beggar Leader’s fault that Jimin lost his limb and I swear I’ve never seen someone so beaten down mentally like he has.”

“I made a warning with him the last time I went to give him a visit remember? Jungkook hasn’t been reporting on anything new from him. We don’t have any reason to go on a killing spree. Not tonight.”

Hoseok punched the table in anger before storming down to his room. Looks of curiosity filled the two youngest as they knocked slowly at his door.

“I’m not in the mood. Go ask Yoongi hyung.”

Taehyung knocked again. “We heard everything. We were just wondering if we could visit Jimin with you tomorrow.”

“How did you know that-”

“Our cameras can catch audio too hyung.” Hoseok could hear the smirk that Jungkook gave as he was giving his snarky reply.

“If you heard everything than obviously you guys can come. Now leave me alone, I just want to sleep.”

Taehyung and Jungkook went to their bookshelf and planned out which manga to bring with them to Jimin tomorrow. Namjoon just watching them from the couch shaking his head with a book in his hand.


I've updated!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Don't worry, I plan to get ready on the action after this chapter since I needed to build everything up. I really do enjoy the comments and it gives me a lot of motivation to keep writing. This wasn't beta-ed so if there's any mistakes, I am so sorry I didn't catch them the first time haha. Thank you~

meiscribbles.