No More. No More // Chapter One

No More. No More

Jimin used to dance. Now he sat against the wall of a family restaurant praying someone would drop as much as a quarter into is old coffee cup. 

Namjoon was the leader of their gang, to which the six of them called the Red Bullet. Their home was across a family restaurant.


“Hyung, have you seen the boy in the town square? His popping and locking was amazing.” Hoseok had just come back from scouting the other gangs downtown when he caught a boy around his age dancing for spare change. He threw a few dollars into the hat before pulling his hood back up and coming back. 

“Nope, I’ve been in charge of the north side of town. Maybe when we go grocery shopping tomorrow. Call the boys, it’s time for dinner.”

Nodding Hoseok walked over to the stairs and cleared his throat. “Guys, Seokjin hyung is done cooking. Get down before I eat everything!” He heard a few grunts and chairs screeching. One by one everybody came up from the basement to seat themselves at the dining table. As they ate, Namjoon cleared his throat and looked over at Jungkook. 

“Any new reports?”

“I cleared the virus that had been trying to get into our system this morning. Yoongi hyung handed me another stack of filing to do right after.”

The said boy slid a silver gun to Seokjin. “The leader of one of the South side gangs was happy to give up some gifts for us.”

“Mhmmm, it’s freshly loaded too. Thanks.”

Namjoon’s glance turned to Hoseok.

“Nothing new from the smaller groups. I saw this one boy though, on the way back. His dancing was pretty shocking.”

Taehyung cocked an eyebrow, “Shocking?”

“For a short guy, he flowed well with the beat.”

“Maybe you can ask the guy for some pointers then.”

Hoseok gave a look of disbelief at the younger, “I can dance very well thank you very much.”

“Well, today I went to the alleys around our warehouse, the beggar leader has been irritable lately. Too many people out there doing stuff for money.”.

“Well, who’s coming grocery shopping with me tomorrow?”

Jungkook eagerly shot his hand up, “I haven't been out in days, at this point, I’ll forget what trees look like.”

Seokjin patted the boy’s head as he shook his head. “Always the drama king. Fine, the rest of you just write down what you want.”


Jimin counted the change in his hat, finally enough for both bread and milk. As he made his way to the bakery he threw a few spare dimes to some of the beggars that laid in the alleyways. His house would be empty in a few hours but until then he could only have his dinner at one of the tables by the window of the bakery.

His mom and dad worked night shifts and didn’t bother to change the lock on their door after they kicked Jimin out of the house. The boy went back to shower and sleep, only to leave when he heard the front door click. Three years of dancing for his meals wasn’t as bad as he thought, his hopes and dreams were always to move to the beat. Something his parents didn’t understand, especially after he dropped out two years into studying for his psychology degree. 


Jungkook was watching the cameras of the alleys around town when he caught sight of the beggar leader in the central area execute another group of homeless seniors. “Do you think he has a family?”

The eldest looked up from polishing his new gun. “I doubt it.”

“If he keeps his killing as frequent as this week, I’m telling Namjoon hyung. Let’s go upstairs and watch something.”

Their warehouse was one floor above ground, but once you stepped down the staircase there was three floors down. The lowest was to keep their weapons, second last was the bedrooms, then came the computers and the couch. The ground floor was usually only there for eating and watching a movie. Their motto was ‘hunt the hunters’ and tried to be as kind as possible. That was, on the condition that none of them were threatened. They were family to each other and even Yoongi, who looked as if he didn’t give two damns about anything, wouldn’t even need to think twice to pull a trigger on anyone who posed a danger to them. 

Namjoon had the brains to do almost if not all anything. Getting out of tight situations was his area of expertise. Although actual combat was his downfall, his knowledge of the powders and poison was much more feared.

Seokjin, was a silent killer. He had a smile that could trick you down to the tip of his knife. Being a medical drop out made him never miss where the jugular was and took the role as the gang’s doctor.

Most skilled with the gun was Yoongi who was the total opposite of Hoseok. Hoseok disliked guns, claiming they were too loud. “My voice should be the only thing that they hear before they go. Not some bang that always needed to be restocked with new bullets”. Being the assassin of the group, he was often caught polishing his knife and chopping the vegetables for Seokjin.

Taehyung took fascination in bombs. Namjoon figured it was from a science project that had gone wrong that made the younger so curious about them. Anything from baby powder to salt, Taehyung was able to create into a lethal weapon.

Lastly was Jungkook, he knew how to pull a trigger but as any kid brought up by Namjoon, his mind was fast. Which made him the perfect candidate to sit behind the computer screens and catch anything that was out of place. 

They all grew up in an orphanage in the rougher patches of town, never separated. But as wonderful it was to have a roof over their head, once the eighteenth year of their lives came by, it was only natural to be kicked out. Seokjin who had bought the warehouse, worked in the family restaurant across the street and it wasn’t until he and Yoongi that saved the family from a gang from another town over that they started their own. Namjoon inherited the role of their leader easily, Seokjin didn’t mind and Yoongi was simply too lazy to bother. The rest moved in right after they came out of the orphanage. Although they all dropped out of school, Namjoon and Seokjin did a good job in teaching them all that they needed to know. Yoongi usually watched while telling them, “The pythagorean theorem won't help you with when they have a gun next to your head.”.


The bakery was closing up and the owner had given Jimin a few leftover bread that were stale. Humming his way back to his ‘home’, he froze when he felt a cold shiver go though him, someone was following him. The whole way home made was rushed footsteps and a fumbling with the keys. Once inside he made sure to lock all the windows that his parents left open, as much as they were separated, Jimin didn’t danger to come to them, especially if he was the reason why. After taking a shower, he noticed a man that was on the opposite side of his street but was no doubt watching his house. 

The next morning he went to the fridge and picked up an apple and a few bottles of water before taking his backpack and sneaking out through the back door. He decided last night that if he was posing a danger, he wasn’t coming back; not this time.

Jimin usually danced to a different song everyday, it brought different audiences which meant more money. As he set up his music, he saw the same man from the night before sitting at one of the benches. Brushing the thought of him away, Jimin placed his hat on the ground before getting himself in tune with the music. 


“Jungkook-ah, I’ve seen the beggar leader kill five in the past two days, I think it’s time to ask Namjoon what to do.”

“I’ve been keeping an eye on him as well. Maybe tonight when he comes back from his scouting trip.”

“Alright. Buy me back some lollipops when you go out later will you?”

“Engraved in my head.”


Jimin had decided to pack up early, his modern dances often got him more change than his other dances. He looked behind him and no doubt saw the man following him again. Putting his hat back on, he decided to find refuge in the convenience store a few blocks away. 

“Hello? I’ve been watching your dances lately. If you don’t mind will you come to my entertainment company tonight? Here’s my card.”

Jimin was skeptical but nonetheless took the card. “Thank you.”

“Oh no, thank you. Please do consider us.”

After the man left, he shoved the card in his pocket before buying himself a well deserved cup ramyun.


He was standing in front of a run down building that looked nothing like what the business card in his hand was suggesting. Footsteps behind him made Jimin turn to face a man with a cigarette hanging between his fingers. 

“You came, welcome to my business.” Watching as the boy kept quiet, the man continued. “Many people in the streets call me the beggar leader. But you can just call me master.”

“What kind of sick person would call you master?”

The man gave a chuckle before throwing the cigarette onto the ground. “You, if you plan to keep those nice legs of yours. You’ve been making much dough to stay alive out here but sadly that has been taking the customers from my own clients.”

“Customers?”

“Little boy, look here, I run the beggars around here. You joining into the scene with your dancing leaves the people with no spare change for my beggars to get. If you started to work for me, this problem will be all gone.”

“I am not a beggar. I’m a dancer.”

“Such a pity, you would've made me so much.”

Jimin turned to leave but was blocked by the man who had gave him the card. “If I may leave, I won’t not call the police”

“That will not be necessary. I will ask you one more time. Will you work for me?”

“The money I make is what I have earned. I’m not giving you anything.”

“I’ll take that as a ‘no’” His gaze went to the man, “you know what to do.”

The next thing Jimin knew was blacking out with a yelp.


Namjoon came back to smell Seokjin’s cooking and Jungkook with a file waiting on the couch.

“What’s up Kookie?”

“Me and Taehyung were looking at the beggar leader’s activities and it looks as though he is starting to become careless.”

“I’ll send Yoongi hyung to go talk to him tomorrow then.”

“Sounds good.”

Just as the Namjoon stood up, Hoseok came running in the front door. 

“There’s a beggar on the other side of the street.”


Jimin woke up on the cold cement ground with a sudden jolt, his surroundings were unfamiliar and all the events from the previous night started to come to him. There was a paper cup in front of him but the only thought that was in his mind was that he needed to hide before whoever the ‘beggar leader’ was, killed him. As he tried to get up with his elbow, a sudden surge of pain ran up his right knee. Looking down, Jimin almost out again from the shock. He was missing a part of his leg from the knee down.

 


HEY GUYS IM BACK~! I'm guessing you've all read my foreward so I won't repeat myself here. I hope you all enjoyed this first chappie of my new fic and to subscribe to read more! P.S. I am a comment hog so I literally jump in my seat when I see a notifcation about a new comment~!

I'll try to write the second chapter as soon as possible so you guys don't have to keep waiting any longer!

Thank you so so much~!

meiscribbles.