No More. No More // Chapter Fourteen

No More. No More

Seokjin dialled Jaehwan’s number after he hung up on Namjoon. Lee Jaehwan was part of the western gang who called themselves ‘Starlight’. And he would be damned if anything happened to them. Their gangs were allies along with Jackson’s gang in the east; often teaming up together when things were getting out of hand.

“Jaehwan speaking, haven’t talked to you in a while Jin.”

“It’s only been two months Jae, how are things going on there?”

“Same old, same old. Nothing exciting. You?”

We’ve actually got a new addition to our family.”

Seokjin heard a chuckle through the line. “This person must be something special to you guys. My entire time knowing you all, I’ve never seen you guys even bat an eye at recruiting someone new.”

“It’s a long story, tell you next time we head out for coffee. But for now, are all of you together right now?”

“Hakyeon and Taekwoon went out for the usual rounds. What’s wrong?”

“Blue Jackals are in our district and they're executing all of the gangs. Namjoon is already informing Jackson, just shooting you the heads up.”

“That Seungho, never knowing when to stop causing unnecessary trouble. Hongbin still hasn’t got over what happened. But thanks for letting us know, I’ll get Wonshik to do some back-up research. Stay safe.”


 

The three of them watched Jimin walk through the door. Everything looked normal to him, living room with the magazines on the kitchen table, kitchen with the dishes on the drying rack. Jimin slowed his down his pace as he walked up the stairs, fear of finding something devastating was rushing through him. His bedroom was all cleaned up and tidy like the way he left it and with three steps to the right, he opened up his parent’s bedroom and dropped to the ground with a silent scream. Laid in bed was his parents, blood stained walls and sheets.

 

The sound of Jimin’s crutches falling to the ground had made the three of them rush up to the second floor. Jimin was kneeling beside the bed clutching onto his mother’s cold hand.

“Mom, wake up. This isn’t funny.”

Hoseok took a step forward. “Jimin?”

“I know I should’ve continued to go to school like you told me to. I’m so sorry.”

“Jimin.”

“Just open your eyes. I’ll do anything.” Hoseok placed a hand on his shoulder, finally grabbing his attention. The lost look in his eyes made Hoseok hold his breath. “Who did it hyung?”

“We’ll figure it out Jimin. Don’t worry.”

“I’ll kill them.” A blank look took over Jimin. “Whoever did it. I’ll wring their necks.”

Jungkook took a deep breath and leaned into Taehyung. “What’s happening to Jimin hyung?”

“He’s going through shock. I can’t even imagine what he’s feeling right now.”

“He told me that parents are like how Seokjin hyung treats us. I’ve gone crazy by now if it were me.” The youngest shivered as he imagined Seokjin in bed, cold and not breathing. He never wanted to go through it. “Let’s go see how we can help.”


Namjoon’s blood boiled when he heard the man’s full name roll off of Jackson’s tongue. “Yes, Choi Seungho. Have you seen him?”

“Not on my grounds no. He’s up to something again isn't he?”

“Damn it Jackson, have you not noticed a mass murder around you?”

“Now that you’ve mentioned it, Things have been a bit quiet around here. You sure it’s him though? There’s nothing really here for him to be obsessed about.”

“Need me to-”

“I was playing with you, I’ve got it. I’ll warn the rest. Thanks Nams.”

“You’re just as useful as always. Call if anything happens.”

 

Choi Seungho. Just the name makes Namjoon want to hurl. He remembered how the guy looked when he saw Seokjin, how the creation of Blue Jackals had placed both Seokjin and Hongbin from the neighbouring gang in danger. Namjoon had always underestimated Yoongi for how much damage he could actually inflict but now he understood why Yoongi was protective over their eldest. No one was going to take Seokjin away from them, not again. It just confused Namjoon so much as to why the man would kill Jimin’s parents. Jimin. He was at their house right now and Namjoon prayed that he was alright. Grabbing his jacket, he made his way to the little brown house.


Cleaning. That’s all they’ve done since Jimin went silent and pulled out the rags from the closet. He scrubbed fiercely at the walls as if they were the ones that killed his parents.

“We can just repaint the walls we don’t need to scrub it, you’re hurting yourself.” Jungkook went stopped talking when he felt Taehyung nudge his shoulder.

“He’s trying to cope. Just let him be.”

The silence continued for a while before Jimin abruptly stood up and threw the brush at the wall. Hoseok jumped at the sudden noise and looked over his shoulder. “Jiminnie?”

“They’re really gone aren't they?” He leaned his back onto the cleaned wall. “I’ll get revenge. I just need to learn how to properly throw these darts.”

“I think Yoongi hyung would have no trouble teaching you.”


Seokjin couldn’t calm the angry mess that was sitting next to him. Despite being older, Yoongi’s temper was’t something to be laughed at.

“Min Yoongi, listen. We don’t need you to be going crazy when things are going out of hand.”

“Don’t tell me what to do when that bastard wanted to you last time he came by.”

“Yoongi!”

“ing asshat doesn't know his place. Doesn't know what he’s up against. I’ll beat the out of that tiny head he has.”

“I don’t need to be protected anymore Yoongi, I’m stronger than I was before.”

“You’re not weak hyung, I never said you were.”

“Good let’s head back. We should call Namjoon and ask what to order for take-out.”

The sound of Namjoon’s voicemail filled the car. Needless to say, they were shocked when they heard an out of breath Namjoon on the other end after their fifth call.

“Why do you sound like you ran a marathon? What’s happening back at home?”

“I wouldn’t know, I’m not there right now. God this wasn’t a good idea, could you pick me up at the intersection at eighteenth and Sampyoung street?”

“Obviously we will but what the hell are you doing on your own at one a.m alone?”

“I’ll tell you in person. It isn’t really something I should be telling you over the phone.”

They found him sitting on the curb, foot tapping the ground at an alarming pace. When he got into the backseat, he leaned over and started to plug in an address.

“Where are you-”

“Jimin’s house. That as swipe murdered his parents and I’m feeling uneasy about how he’s handling the news. He hasn’t left the place since I left and none of them are picking their phones up.”

Yoongi’s fist curled in his lap. “First Seokjin now Jimin? Is that ing trying to receive a death wish ‘cause he’s definitely earned it. Next time I see him, I’ll shoot off his balls and watch him bleed to death.”

“I just don’t know why he’s back. The Beggar Leader was in contact with him so the only way to get the answers is to find Seungho.”

Seokjin finally spoke up with a wary voice. “I called Jaehwan earlier. Wonshik is doing some backup research to help.”

Namjoon felt a pang of hurt. “Do you not trust my own research?”

“I thought it would’ve been better to have more brains on this. It’s faster. Plus I doubt we have the ability to hack into their system so fast with one person who is coincidently not at their computer at the moment.”

“You underestimate me hyung.”


It seemed like the red on the walls were transferred onto Jimin’s hands from scrubbing so hard. But the house was finally clean from the blood and broken furniture. Jimin wanted to be alone and pulled himself back to his original position beside the bed. Hoseok gently guided the two youngest out of the room before closing the door, leaving the room dim from the lack of light. Somehow the light bulb blew out and it made the boy feel how ironic that so many things around him were disappearing. He was trying to move on, to accept the reality, anything that could help the numb feeling that was oozing into his heart. The faster he could do that, the faster he could avenge his parents. Looking over, he noticed how they looked so much older since the last time he saw them. Their hair turned into an ashy grey; Jimin imagined his mother telling his father from the bathroom that she had given up on trying to pull out the grey hairs. The idea caused a bittersweet smile creep onto his face. His father’s smile lines were deeper and despite the frozen state they were in, Jimin could easily admit that a they looked peaceful.

“How are you holding up?” Namjoon didn’t bother to turn on the lights as he walked closer to Jimin. The source of light in the room came from the digital clock on the bedside table. ‘2:05 A.M.’. The only other light was from the moon that reflected the light directly over the two eternally sleeping figures that were by the window.

“Don’t know if I’ve ever felt any worse.”

Taking a seat next to the bed, Namjoon looked at Jimin in the eyes. “Seokjin and Yoongi are worried about you too.”

“Where are they?”

Yoongi is furious so he wanted to cool off in the car. Seokjin is waiting downstairs, he wanted ti give you some space.”

“How come you're here then?” Namjoon knew that Jimin didn’t mean to sound rude.

“You made me worry. I needed to make sure everything was alright.” There was a comfortable silence before he cleared his throat. “I need to tell you something but I don’t want you to lash out on yourself ok?”

“I can’t think of anything else that could get any worse. It’s bad news isn’t it?”

“I don’t know if you would classify it as bad news but you decide can decide where it fits. I know who murdered your parents.”

“Who?” It came out as a whisper.

“His name is Seungho, last name Choi. Have you heard of him before? Maybe from the Beggar Master?”

“No, never.”

“He’s the leader of Blue Jackals, it’s a district away from us.”

Jimin visually curled deeper into himself. “Another gang?”

“I’m sorry.”

“You didn’t do anything hyung. Don’t apologize.”

“We’re the same thing that killed you parents,” Namjoon cursed at himself for letting the words come out before he could stop it. He bit his lip as Jimin stayed silent. “I’m sorry Jimin, I shouldn’t have said-”

“No you guys are different. You guys know what love is, trust and how it feels like to protect the ones you Yoongi hyung is in the car?” Namjoon nodded. “Can I see him?”

“I’ll go get him.”


 

Yoongi’s mind wandered in the car, memories of Seungho flooded in his mind. He remembered how his eyes were beastly as he cornered Seokjin. Blood was seeping through his jeans as he remembered finding the eldest flinching every time someone called him ‘little Jinnie’. Blue Jackals, Yoongi made sure to destroy the gang so much as to not letting a single should remember its name. The flashbacks of Seokjin held under hostage had definitely took a toll on all of them but Yoongi couldn't even imagine why Jimin was also under their close watch.

By instinct, Yoongi swiftly pointed his gun at the window when he heard three light taps against the glass. Namjoon jumped back with wide eyes.

“Jesus, don’t scare me like that Namjoon.”

“Sorry, Jimin’s calling out for you upstairs.”

“Me?”

“Yes you. Now go since Seokjin hyung is sulking that he wasn’t asked for.”

“I’m quite surprised myself.”

The walk up the stairs was heavy. Yoongi wondered why Jimin would want to see him so much more than the others. Although he was flattered, the uneasy feeling in his stomach fluttered. Sure his aim was impeccable but if there was one thing that Yoongi couldn’t do to save his life was comforting others. He would try his best for Jimin though, he needed to be there for him. When he opened the door, a large lump fell into his chest. Jimin was hugging him, keeping a tight grip to hold himself up.

“Don’t worry, I’m here.”


I've recently caught a cold omg curse the time when I said no to the flu shot.... But any who I've been really late on this update. So, I've made it a longer chapter~!
I hope you are all well~ I've been taking the time to also thinking of ideas for other stories. I've got another series in mind as well as a few other one-shots. If you want to be updated on those than just subscribe onto my page~!
I am forever thankful for you comments and I try to reply to all of them. I'm so blessed to have such caring readers! I thought about some things over and decided to create an email just for my writing so if you have any requests or you just want to say 'Hi' then shoot me an email at [email protected] I won't publicize your email unless you tell me its ok! (pls do email me if you're bored. I really don't mind writing requests)
Thank you all so so much and I hope you enjoy this new update! I didn't read it over because it would've taken you guys longer to receive the story so I apologize for any mistakes!