No More. No More // Chapter Ten

No More. No More

The sound of snoring woke Jimin up. He tried to leave the bed without waking Namjoon but once he slipped onto the ground he watched as he reached out on the empty mattress and called out for Seokjin. Jimin slid his way to the door and pulled himself two doors down.

“Seokjin hyung?” There was a yawn and shuffling before the door opened.

“What are you doing up? Did you not sleep well?”

To Jimin’s surprise, he actually slept soundly. “I slept like a baby last night, but Namjoon hyung was calling for you in his sleep.”

“Ahh,” A blush spread across his cheeks. “I’ll go see him. Did you want to go upstairs?” After helping Jimin get comfortable in front of the TV, Seokjin made his way back to the stairs. “He’s really happy that you went to him last night. He was worried sick that you hated him.”

“You like him don’t you.”

“But he doesn’t need to know that.”

“I think he likes you too.”

“It’s only because we grew up together. He’ll grow out of it soon.” Jimin watched as Seokjin walked down the stairs with a frown on his face. “You know, you remind me of my old self a lot sometimes Jimin.” It was a whisper to himself more so than to the boy sitting on the couch.

Jimin was curious of how they all met and what had happened between the two of them. The fact that there were all so close and loved each other was obvious; he was determined make Seokjin believe in Namjoon’s devotion to him.


What Jimin had said echoed in Seokjin’s mind as he opened the door to Namjoon’s room. The boy was sleeping, snoring as he faced the door. Sitting down, Seokjin gently ran his hand through the blond locks. When they were younger, Namjoon would always avoid Seokjin because his favourite colour was pink. It hurt every time Namjoon walked off with a disgusted face or telling him ‘guys don’t like pink’ but he was older and being older he needed to act like it was nothing. As he grew older, they both had different interests and hobbies, making it almost impossible for the two of them to in the same room. It wasn’t until Namjoon got in trouble did he earn himself a harsh scolding by the orphanage head and a spot to help out in the kitchen. Seokjin smiled at the memory before leaving to make breakfast.

Namjoon on the other hand woke up to see Seokjin leave his room, it reminded him of when they first became friends. I was ironic that it wasn’t him leaving the room but the eldest.


Namjoon, twelve years old with his freshly died hair, was trying to chop up onions, he swore to never touch the bottle of hair dye again if it meant crying over a stupid vegetable. He didn’t hear the footsteps behind him and nearly threw the knife in the air when a voice came from behind.

“You’re holding the knife upside down.”

As he turned around, he saw Seokjin carrying a big bowl of freshly cut lettuce. His eyes stayed on his pink apron as he spoke. “I’m not good at this .”

“Don’t swear, just because Yoongi does, does not mean you can.”

“You’re like a mom.”

The eldest went quiet, the other kids in the orphanage, more or so the older kids, constantly picked on him for showing a more feminine side. He didn’t expect Namjoon to put himself in that  same category.

“Hyung?”

“I need to go get some other vegetables from the garage.” Namjoon watched with a curious look on his face as the elder scurried away. The days went by with the two of them silently working in the kitchen, Namjoon was put in charge of boiling and stirring the pots after almost cutting himself twice and breaking a dozen plates. They were in charge of cleaning up the dishes on a Thursday night when one of the older kids cornered Seokjin at the sink. Namjoon was coming into the kitchen when he heard a scoff.

“Such a girl, cleaning up the dishes and cooking like a mother. You would make such a nice housewife one day. I bet you’re good in bed too, want to come to my room later?”

“No, could you leave me alone?”

“I’m your hyung so speak with respect.” From where Namjoon was standing, he could see the boy pull on Seokjin’s collar. “You’ll come to my room later, if you’re not there in fifteen I’ll bring some of my friends along too.”

Seokjin gulped and knew he had no choice but to obey. “Ok.”

When it was just the two of them, Namjoon dried the dishes as Seokjin handed to them. “Hyung, are you busy tonight?”

“Why? You never want to hang out with me.”

“There’s a movie I found and I was wondering if you wanted to come by and watch it.”

“Not tonight.”

Namjoon followed him silently up the stairs and listened against the door when he went in.

“Look who’s finally here! Jinnnie come here!”

“You said that if I came in fifteen you-”

“I changed my mind, the more the merrier!” It didn’t take a genius to get what was suggesting and if he only opened the door a minute or two later, he would have been to late in rescuing Seokjin. He grabbed him by the wrist and ran out of the room, upstairs and into his. He could hear the older kids chasing them and Seokjin’s low hiccups from crying. They made it just in time to close the door in their faces.

“That was close. Are you ok hyung?”

“Why did you help me? You think just like them!”

Namjoon was taken aback. “What do you mean?” He saw a bruise on the elder’s neck with blood from where the teeth was. “Let’s get that cleaned up. Can you trust me hyung?”

Seokjin gave a look of defiance. “What? Am I your damsel in distress?”

“I’m trying to help you, stop being so difficult.”

“I was almost molested and why should I believe that you’re any better.”

“I wouldn’t hurt you or any one like how they would. Now stay still so I can disinfect that wound.”

Seokjin stayed still as Namjoon wrapped the bandage around his neck. “Yoongi is going to freak when he sees this.”

“Does he know about those guys picking on you?”

“No, and he won’t. I don’t want him kicked out of here because of me.”

“I’m sorry.”

“What for?”

“I called you a mom and avoided you.”

“You should be.” He looked at Namjoon in the eye. “Thank you though, I could’ve handled them myself.”

“You say that as I’m bandaging up your neck, I don't think you have a right to say that. You’re welcome though.”

“You still up for that movie?”

“Let me go get some blankets, I’ll sneak around and get some popcorn too.” He wondered to himself if he should dye his hair more.


“Hey Jimin, wanna see some funny videos from the security cameras?” Jungkook was running up the stairs with a gigantic smile on his face. “There’s even this one that I saw a few weeks ago of this drunk guy trying to be friends with a stray cat!”

“Sure, but where did everyone else go? I haven't seen them since breakfast.”

“They’re preparing themselves for tonight, you’ll see them during dinner though, we always eat together.”

The two of them ended up watching security camera fails that Jungkook saved onto a separate file. “For when I’m feeling bored.” Was what he had said when Jimin looked skeptical.

“You know, I’ve been meaning to ask you, but what was your life like before all this happened?”

Jimin leaned back as he looked up at the ceiling. “Definitely not as interesting as living with a gang that’s for sure. But no, I was on my own earning money from dancing all day and since my parents both worked night shifts, I sneaked into sleep when they were gone.”

“What’s it like having parents?” It dawned on Jimin that Jungkook didn’t have the luxury of having a real mom and dad but he was sure that Jin filled in both roles nicely along with the others.

“It’s another way of saying family I guess. You’ve experienced it before, whenever you do something good you feel love and when you do something bad, you fear that you’ve disappointed. To me, it was the warmth of receiving a hug after a long day and the belief that there is always something to fight for.”

“What did you fight for?”

“You guys.”

Jungkook looked up from his palms and gave a confused look. “Us?”

“When I was hiding in the gas station, I could’ve given up there. But I remembered how much you guys have given me. It would be a waste to just throw all that away. That night that you found me, I thought that I had gone completely insane.”

“It wasn’t your fault hyung.”

“Enough about me, how about you? How did you all meet?”

Jungkook’s eyes lit up. “I get to tell you this? Didn’t they already tell you?”

“Nope.”

“Let’s move onto the sofa, this is going to be great.”


“So we all grew up in a orphanage, and life was boring there. Everyday was studying, sleeping, and eating. But Seokjin hyung always took care of me and Taehyung, Yoongi hyung helped whenever he wasn’t busy and Hoseok hyung came to us when I was five. His parents died in a car accident and can you imagine Hobi hyung with a sad look on his face?” Jimin listened to Jungkook babble on about his story and a warm sensation bubbled up to his stomach. It was like a grandmother telling her grandchildren stories from the past, he was captivated. “Anyways, he had this ugly bowl cut, don't tell him I said that, and I think it was Taehyung that made him realize that everything was going to be ok I mean, he has that affect on people right? Namjoon hyung was quite distant to all of us he was so cool, but one day he just started to talk to Seokjin hyung a lot and the six of us just grew up and out of the orphanage. Yoongi and Seokjin hyung took us in after and this is us.”

“You’re missing a very crucial detail Kookie.”

They looked up to see Taehyung plop himself onto the chair that Jungkook was sitting on. “The part where you used to cry out for Yoongi hyung whenever you pissed in your bed.”

“I did not.” He looked away with his nose held high. “I called out for Seokjin hyung.”

Jimin snickered as he pat Jungkook’s head. “Like that’s any better.”

“Hyung! I thought you were nice!”


At the dinner table, Jimin sat in between Yoongi and Hoseok. The sounds of slurping filled the air and he would be lying if he said that he could sense the excited vibes that were glowing around him. “So, are you guys ready?”

“More than ready, I’ve got it all in my head and Seokjin hyung is going to let me do most of the work so I’m pumped.”

“As long as Taehyung doesn’t bring the wrong bombs then we should be fine.”

“Hey! It was an accident, I forgot to add the fog powder that one time and you’re going to make me feel bad every time we are paired up together?”

“We’ll see how today goes, then I’ll consider giving you another chance to redeem yourself.”

The rest of the evening went smoothly and before Jimin could blink, there was bags being loaded onto the two cars they owned. Hoseok was jumping in excitement as Seokjin checked their bags over twice, Yoongi was putting extra bullets into his jacket.

“Jimin-ah, you’ll be watching with Jungkook right?” Taehyung asked as he threw his back into the backseat.

“Yup.”

“Good, ‘cause you need to see Seokjin and Hoseok when they’re angry, its so cool. Plus you can see me fight too! It’ll be like a live-live-action of the comics that we act out.”

“Good luck! Stay safe!” And with that, the two cars raced out of the garage and split up at the intersection down the street. Namjoon was at the computers when Jungkook helped Jimin down onto to sofa behind him.

“I’ve got it all set up but if we’re going to watch two screens, I can't play the two audios at once. You ready Jimin?”

“Should I be scared?”

“Hyung, they’re fighting for you so feel a sense of pride. We don’t just do this for anyone you know.”

“What if they get hurt because of me?”

“I would be more worried about the victims this time Jimin, its been a while since we had a mission like this.”


Hey guys, I’m back with a new chapter and I hope you all like it! There’s major NamJin in this so I hope you guys ship it as well. Don’t worry Jimin will get his screen time hehe. I love you all for reading and staying up to date with my story. This chapter was more of a chapter to educate you all more on how they grew up together. Please tell me if you want more namjin~ The comments are always my source of motivation, what do you think is going to happen next? 

p.s. I want to start another story but should I do another story or a drabble dump where I have all my drabbles?
p.p.s. this isn't beta-ed so please excuse any errors! and my exams are this week so i'll be a free person after Wednesday!