22: hiding spot

Run / slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22/ / hiding spot

“So what’s the good news you wanted to tell me?”  Soojung asked as they walked across the campus.  Mon had told her there was another spot where she would be able to study in peace, so they were walking towards that place. 

He had told her that it was a secret spot he always used to go to get away from everybody.  When Soojung looked at Mon with suspicious eyes, he chuckled and reassured her in was in this world, not another dimension, no slipping involved.

Mon had suddenly stopped in his tracks and looked towards the glass building where the ground floor was cafeteria, which was bustling with students having their lunch. 

“I found one of our old friends.  His name is Jimin,” Mon said quietly.  “He was one of our good friends who decided to leave because of you-know-what.”

Soojung was happy for Mon and she was secretly touched that Mon would share such intimate information with her. “That’s good to hear.  Where did you find him?”

Mon’s hopeful look faltered for just a second but Soojung did not miss it.  She was slowly becoming familiar with Mon’s each and every expression.  “At the hospital.  He was admitted for pneumonia.  But since we know where he is now, we can support him, make sure he gets better.  I’ll introduce you to him later.”

They continued walking to Mon’s secret studying place but when they suddenly stopped near the back of the campus where a large unkempt field lay, Soojung wasn’t too sure where Mon’s secret place was.  Mon noticed the confused expression on Soojung’s face and pointed towards a shed by the fence. 

“That’s it,” He said proudly.  “It doesn’t look like much but its cosy.  It used to be the gardener’s shed but I asked him if I could use it.  No one comes here anyway and the gardener has a newer shed closer to the central grounds so I was free to use it, as long as the university doesn’t found out...”

It was a small wooden shed with only a small window covered in spider webs to the side of the door.  But as Mon opened the shed door, which welcomed them with a creak, Soojung was more than surprised.

It was a very small room but there was a two-person grey couch, which filled the back corner while next to the door, there was a simple plastic table and chair.  There was an old rug, which was spread out through the whole floor and stacks of books, which lined the walls of the small space.  Soojung smiled, because she knew how much Mon enjoyed reading. 

“What do you think?”  Mon asked, his anticipation growing.  “It’s not very tidy but it’s at least somewhere you can come for peace and quiet.”

“It’s awesome.  The outside was shabby so I wasn’t expecting much but this is really nice,” Soojung replied with an excited smile back to Mon.

“Glad you like it,” Mon replied, his dimples showing as beamed back at Soojung.  Soojung was overcome with a strange feeling of wanting to pinching Mon’s cheeks but she resisted because that was not a sensible thing to do, no mat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter