12: breakfast

Run / slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12/ / breakfast

Soojung was not expecting to see her friend eating breakfast with the guy she hooked up with last night because that was definitely not something she knew Luna would do. 

“Morning,” Soojung said as she sat down beside Luna and smiled politely to V sitting opposite.  Similarly like Luna, Soojung had just had a shower, her hair still damp, still bare-faced and she was in a loose t-shirt and sweat pants.

With V still around, both Soojung and Luna stayed pretty quiet but Soojung knew that Luna was dying to ask her a million questions but was holding herself back.  Soojung silently thanked V in her mind, because she could at least have a peaceful breakfast. 

“So are you girls studying at the moment?”  V asked trying to make conversation.  He felt extremely out of place but wanted to get to know Luna more.  He didn’t want to lose his chance.

“I’m a music major,” Luna replied.  “Soojung’s studying medicine because she’s a smart cookie.” Luna ruffled Soojung’s hair, which earned her a slap on the arm from Soojung.

“Luna’s going to be singing in a competition next month.  You should come along V.  I’m sure Luna would appreciate the support,” Soojung said, looking back at Luna with a smug expression.

“You don’t have to V, it’s just a small competition. No big deal,” Luna replied quickly, giving Soojung a death stare before biting down on her piece of toast.

But V could see that Soojung was helping him (probably unintentionally) and smiled back at them both, “I would love to.  I didn’t know that Luna was a singer.”

Luna tried to change the topic of the conservation by asking V, “How about you V? What are you doing at the moment?”

“I was in an accident recently.  Apparently, I hit my head pretty badly, so I’ve been recuperating in Busan.  I came up to Seoul to see my cousin, Jaebum.” 

“You and Jaebum are cousins??” Soojung and Luna asked simultaneously. 

“Yes, is it that surprising?”

For Soojung, it was more of a shock because V seemed like a lot nicer guy than his cousin.  Luna was more outraged that Jaebum never told her they were related.

“Hey Luna, do you think you can lend me your phone for a sec?” V suddenly asked.

“Yeah, sure,” Luna answered and passed her old Samsung S3 phone that was on the table to V sitting opposite her.

“Thanks.  I think I’ve misplaced my own phone.  I’m just going to try and see if I’ve left it at your place somewhere,” He said as he dialled his own number into Luna’s phone. 

A phone started ringing from inside Luna’s room. 

“Looks like I left it in your room?” V said innocently as he looked towards Luna.

Luna wasn’t keen on leaving V to look around her room, so she went into the room with him to find his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter