11: no memories

Run / slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

11/ / no memories

V’s real name is Taehyung.  But V doesn’t remember being Taehyung.  V had woken up in a hospital in Busan who no recollection of who he was or how he ended up there.  He only remembered seeing a woman who had informed him that she was her mother’s secretary and was checking on him on his parents’ behalf.

But V did not feel any attachment to his parents.  He did not remember them.  The fact that they didn’t visit him because they were too busy with their business overseas when he had been in a coma already told him enough about them.  They didn’t care about him.  The only kind of care they seemed to throw at him was loads of money.

He found out that he had been found on street with a major head injury, which left him in a coma for a good few months.  A throbbing pain at the back of his head reminded him of this constantly. 

V didn’t feel like Taehyung so he opted to call himself V for the time being.  V felt like he was missing something, like he was meant to be doing something but without his past memories he was clueless as to why he felt this way.  He felt empty. 

And his nightmares constantly haunt him. 

They always begin with a small pale-faced girl staring back sadly at him, her face full of bruises and cuts in a dark empty room.  He is always standing at the door and in his hand; he is always holding a broken bottle.   The floor of the room is always a foot deep in murky water.  He tries to reach the girl but every time he attempts to walk across the room, he starts drowning in the water, which seems to deepen further for every step he takes. 

V woke up abruptly and was met with unfamiliar light blue ceiling.  He looked around the bed to see a tangle of someone’s hair next to him.  The figure began moving and had turned to look at him.  She had gorgeous bright brown eyes and was struggling to keep them open as she moved towards him and wrapped her arms around him and said, “Hi there.”

V was slightly shocked at the sudden contact.  He was surprised at how much she glowed in the morning, her face make-up less and smooth. 

“Hi,” He answered back unsurely.

The girl h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter