19: strength

Run / slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19/ / strength

Jin had sent a text to Soojung in the morning to tell her that Mon and him would be not in the warehouse that afternoon and would be looking for the lost boy again. 

Soojung had gone to the warehouse anyway, wanting to wait for Mon and Jin to come back.  It felt uneasy when she knew there were people she knew who were so far away.  She wanted to know there were going to come back without any problems. 

She didn’t expect to see Jungkook also in the warehouse, his school books spread out everywhere while he was focusing on his paper at the makeshift desk, which consisted of a wooden block of wood and thick sheet of steel plate placed on top of it.  Soojung suspected that he probably took it from behind the warehouse where there was an assortment of all kinds of left over rusted steel.

“Hi Jungkook,” Soojung had greeted as she sat on the couch.

“Hey Soojung,” was Jungkook’s quick reply before he continued on with his work. 

“Do you need any help?”

“Thanks but I should be good.  I’m not as crap at school, as Jin makes me out to be,” Jungkook said.

“You do go clubbing,” Soojung reminded him.

“I don’t go clubbing.  I was doing my part-time job as a DJ to get paid,” Jungkook countered.  “But don’t you dare tell Jin or Mon though.  They will get all overprotective and nag me about it.” 

Jungkook cringed thinking about the lecture he would be getting if they ever found out.

Soojung smiled, imagining the two of them freaking out about Jungkook.  “I think it’s great that they worry about you so much.”

“They are the closest to a family that I have. They would stand up for me no matter what,” Jungkook said wistfully, putting his pen down.  “Thanks for not telling on me, yesterday.  You didn’t have to do that. It was my fault that I pulled you into the slip without warning you the other night.”

“I know you meant well.  I’m glad we got away from Jaebum.  He was extremely hard to get rid of.  I just hope I don’t bump into him at university,” Soojung sighed as she sat down on the couch.

“You should call Mon or Jin when that happens.  They can act as your pretend boyfriend and shoo that idiot away.  Or you can call me as well,” Jungkook added with a playful smirk.

“And make me run away in my heels again?” Soojung asked lightly.

She didn’t expect Jungkook’s face to drain of colour.  She regretted making the joke immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter