10: piece of mind

Run / slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10/ / piece of mind

Soojung did not have time to think before the magnetic force pulled her body forward into the dark corner of the alleyway, which Jungkook had pulled her towards with a slight run.

Unlike the first time when Jin was the one who slipped with her and reassured her all the way, this boy was a lot rougher and she realised the experience was a lot more painful.  When they finally reached the other dimension, Soojung collapsed to the ground, clutching her chest in pain.  It was a sharp string spreading unmercifully through her lungs.  Even the blisters, which she could feel on the heels of her black platform shoes were nothing compared to this pain.

Why was it was so painful, Soojung did not know why, but Jungkook knelt down and had one hand on her back. 

“Take a deep breath Soojung,” he said calmly.  Soojung took a deep breath in and then slowly out.  As she inhaled, it was hard to ignore the restricting tightness of her chest.

She coughed a few times but Jungkook kept insisting on deep breaths. When she had finally calmed down and the tightness in her lungs had loosened, Jungkook finally said in a small voice, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”

Soojung who had finally time to take in her surroundings, which looked like an open field with a forest in the background, looked at Jungkook for the first time after they had space slipped.

A look of anguish covered his face, his eyes showed remorse and sadness Soojung could not pinpoint.  It was almost like he was distressed for slipping here, but Soojung noticed how he quickly closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths too, muttering to himself, “It’s ok, it’s ok.”

Jungkook knew if he were unstable too, they wouldn’t be able to get back.

“I couldn’t wait too long to slip, if Jaebum caught up to us, I don’t know if I would have been able to slip.  At least one of us had to be stable for the slipping.  I’m sorry for dragging you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter