18: fragile like glass

Run / slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

18/ / fragile like glass

Luna had been ignoring his calls.  V knew this was understandable since even he could tell that he was being annoying.  It was just that he wanted to hang out with her more.

He decided that maybe he would be able to bump into her at university.  V regretted not getting Soojung’s number in order to ask when Luna had her classes.  All he knew was that Luna was studying music. 

Luck was on his side because he had walked towards the direction of the Performing Arts Building of Seoul University, and there she was, books in her hand and talking to a female friend. 

Luna had turned her focus towards the grounds and spotted him by accident.  She immediately wished she had worn jeans to campus instead of the tight blue skirt she currently had on. 

“Vic, you have got to hide me,” Luna said, feeling a headache coming on.

“Umm, why is that?” Victoria answered, as she looked towards the direction she was avoiding.  Victoria was a temporary dance major but she and Luna had a few classes, which overlapped and they had clicked well in first year so they always hung out at university. 

She was also one of the campus queens on campus with a long line of admirers who loved her elegance and grace on the dance floor as well as her flawless beauty.  But Luna liked Victoria because she was not a pretentious person and said things as they were, though it was annoying at times. 

“Oh, I see now, it’s the boy you were talking about the other day.  He’s cute, but he looks kind of like a lost puppy.  Why don’t you go talk to him?”  Victoria asked as she examined V from afar.  Victoria didn’t know why but the boy looked vaguely familiar.  Was it the wide blank stare? Or was it just the overall facial expressions?  She just couldn’t pinpoint why his face was so familiar.

Luna pulled Victoria closer to her and said, “Stop looking over there so obviously.  That guy just won’t leave me alone.”

“If you don’t like him, say it straight to him in his face.  It’s the most clear cut way even if it’s not the most pleasant,” Victoria advised her.  “Have you talked to him?”

Luna gave Victoria the look to say there was nothing for them to talk about, because they weren’t even together in the first place.  It was only a one-night stand. 

“Go on,” Victoria said like the big sister she was, not accepting Luna’s frustrated look. 

So Luna found herself face to face with V.  Luna knew that other girls would be swooning over someone like V and she had enjoyed the other night with him but she hated when guys would cling to her.  It made everything so less enjoyable.  Why couldn’t everyone just have a good night and go back to their own lives?

“Hi V.  Were you looking for me?” She asked as politely as she could, but she couldn’t help but fold her arms in impatience.  

“Are you free for coffee?” He asked, a hopeful smile on his face.  The moment her eyes landed own his large droopy eyes, she felt a pang of regret for ignoring him.  And how could she be frustrated with him when he stared at her with such sincere eyes.

“Yes but only for 10 minutes.  I have class soon,” Luna replied.

“Excellent! Let’s go,” He said and took her hand to lead her towards the closest café on campus.  Luna was used to be being dragged by the wrist by guys, but the way V slipped his hand gently to hers and firmly led the way, it made her smile unconsc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter