23: distractions

Run / slip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23/ / distractions

“I’m gonna take a nap.  Don’t mind me.”  Mon had plonked himself on the couch, letting his long legs stretched out on one side of the couch.  Soojung took her textbooks out and laid them on the plastic table of the shed.  She hadn’t gotten much done today yet so she was also eager to get a start before the sun went down. 

Most of the light of the shed came from the singular window above the table.  Because the window was frosted, the light, which shone through was a glowing warm light and not glaring.  It was a relaxing atmosphere, yet it was a strange feeling to be a shed with Mon.  A light sense of nervousness tingled through her body as she glanced over at Mon sleeping in the corner, so peacefully, so defenceless.

And it was very hard to concentrate when after awhile, Mon had started snoring (quite loudly) the background.  Soojung after minutes of trying to concentrate on remembering the different methods of brain dissection, finally abandoned her work and walked over to Mon, and took a moment to admire his features, which looked so soft as he slept.  His blonde hair was now ruffled, his plump lips slightly parted and his eyebrows were scrunched up, as if there was something stressful on his mind. 

Soojung had the sudden urge to smooth out the crease in his eyebrows.  And without thinking, she found her hand reaching closer towards Mon’s face.  But Mon suddenly opened his eyes and suddenly caught Soojung’s hand instead.  His half-open eyes peered leisurely over Soojung.  There was something intimate about seeing Mon in such a vulnerable sleepy state.

“What’s wrong Soojung?”  Mon asked, not realising that Soojung’s face was slowly heating up.  Soojung wanted to move her hand away, embarrassed by the thought that Mon knew that she was watching him sleep but Mon didn’t let her move it. 

“Nothing.”  She tried to pull her hand away again but Mon resisted firmly.

“If you like what you see, there’s no harm in continuing,” Mon teased, his deep brown eyes resting keenly on hers. 

Soojung gaped at Mon’s suggestive words.  She never took him to be that sort of person.  Mon had never looked at her like that before.  It was somewhat terrifying yet exhilarating at the same time.  When Mon noticed Soojung’s panicked expression, he let go of her hand. 

“It’s only a joke Soojung.  Don’t be so glum.”  Then he was back to the Mon she knew and he ruffled her hair playfully and sat up on the couch.  “I think we should call it a day and go meet up with the others?”

Soojung tried to remain calm; her heartbeat had been increasingly rapidly the moment Mon stared at her just before.  “Yes.  I don’t think I’ll get any more studying done.”

She didn’t add that having him here was probably the biggest distraction.

- - -

“You guys came together?”  Jin threw a suspicious look between Mon and Soojung, while his arms were folded over his chest.  Mon and Soojung had just entered the warehouse where Jin and Jungkook were already present.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter