A difference in Sungyeol-oppa

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

 

Four days have passed since the ‘Chunji-incident’. Fortunately for you, you have your best friend and oppa by your side. Thanks to them, you feel better.

Right now, you were in front of your locker absent-mindedly organizing your things. The call from Sungyeol earlier flashed into your mind. You were slightly weirded out to as to why he suddenly seems nicer to you.

_________

You were just brushing your hair when you had heard your phone ring. Immediately, you put your brush down and walked to your phone. “Yeoboseyo?” you answered.

“Annyeong,” Sungyeol said from the other line.

“O-oppa?!” You shrieked in surprise. “Sungyeol-oppa?”

You heard him chuckle, “Yeah, it’s me.”

You cupped your hand over your mouth. “Omo! How long has it been since we talked on the phone?” You chuckled. “Anyways, so what made you call oppa? What favor are you asking for this time?”

“Wow,” he good-naturedly laughed. “You asking me that make me seem like a bad guy.”

You chuckled.

“Don’t worry,” he blurted. “I’m not asking any favor…”

“No…favor?” You blinked.

He shook his head,” No favor.”

Your jaw immediately dropped. The thought of Sungyeol calling you, but not asking for a favor was weird. He has never done that before. He never called you unless he had something to ask for. This happening now was definitely bizarre.

“Oh,” you managed. “Why did you…call then?”

You heard him chuckle. “I don’t know,” he shrugged. “I guess it just…crossed my mind.”

“Oh,” you blinked. “Okay…”

_________

 

After snapping out of your daze, you slapped your locker shut.

“It was funny how he had called me earlier…” you grinned.

The moment you turned around, your grin faltered.

Right now, you were facing the last person you wanted to see: Lee Chan Hee, Chunji.

Hatred began welling up in your heart the moment you saw him walking your way. “~~~~~~~-ah…” he sullenly called.

He tried locking eyes with you, but you managed to avoid them. You cleared your throat and frostily said, “…What?”

“S-sorr—”

“Don’t,” you cut him off.

“I regret what I did…” A tear slid down his good-looking face. “I love you…”

You felt your heart choking the moment he said those three words. You badly wanted to say, “I love you too” back, but didn’t. What’s the use? I mean, he won’t cheat on you with some model noona if he genuinely did love you, right?

After a short pause, you finally replied: “Liar,” you blurted. “You don’t love me…”

“I do!” He argued. “I love you! I’m sorry for meeting another girl behind your back ~~~~~~~-ah…I really didn’t mean to. I’m sorry.” He cried. “Please…forgive me.”

You gave him the cold shoulder and rolled your eyes.

“I’ll break up with her if you want me too…” He blurted. “And, even if you don’t ask me to, I will still break up with her…”

“I don’t understand, Chan hee.” You placed one hand on your hip. “Why would you want to break up with her for me? Aren’t we finished already?” You pressed your lips into a firm line. “I’ll get going now.”

You started walking away but he grabbed your hand and wrapped his arms tightly around you. He shut his eyes closed as he rested his chin on your shoulder. Tears began streaming down his lonely face and he softly sobbed.

You softened, but managed to say: “Let…go.”

He shook his head and only held you tighter.

 

While Chunji was trying to win your forgiveness, Sungyeol was gleefully walking down the hallway. His walking came into a halt the moment his eyes landed on two familiar faces.

Isn’t that ~~~~~~~ and Chunji, he thought.

Not being able to shoo the thought away, he took a step closer and ended up seeing you wrapped up in the crying Chunji’s arms. Immediately, his smile faltered and before he knew it, he raced to the both of you.

Sungyeol abruptly took you away from Chunji’s arms. He raised an eyebrow at him. “You’re…Chunji?”

Chunji nodded and threw him a puzzled look. Before he knew it, Sungyeol threw him a punch. He fell on his .

You gasped at the abrupt action.

“Oppa!” you cried out. “Why did you do that?!”

“He deserves it,” Sungyeol shot Chunji a menacing glare.

“And…Just so you know,” he turned to you and his expression began to soften. “I don’t want anyone messing with you from now on.” He brushed your bangs away from your eyes.