Chapter 10

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

 

Myungsoo was giving Sungjong and Sunggyu a tour around your University since they have just arrived from their trip. He was pretty happy today because he knew that you would feel much happier when you’ll find out they’re back!

While walking, Myungsoo suddenly witnessed a scene. He saw Chunji getting punched and heard a familiar voice cry out: “Oppa! Why did you do that?!”

Immediately, his eyes rounded. He could recognize that voice anywhere. He could recognize your voice anywhere. Without any hesitation, he raced to your direction and ended up leaving Sunggyu and Sungjong behind.

The moment he finally arrived closer to the both of you, he saw Sungyeol affectionately face you.

Although Myungsoo hardly heard what Sungyeol said, his heart twinged in pain the moment he saw him brush your bangs away from your eyes. Never has he seen Sungyeol that affectionate and caring towards you. Never.   

“Ya!” Sunggyu caught up with him. “Why’d you suddenly run away?”

“Huh?” he snapped out of his gaze. “Oh, I just…I—never mind.” He forced a smile.

Sungjong, the ‘maknae’ blinked innocently.

“You look heart-broken hyung,” he purposely provoked him.

“HAHAHA!” Myungsoo stuck his tongue out at him. “Whatever,” he rolled his eyes.

“LOL,” Sunggyu chuckled lightly. “Let’s just never mind it, okay? Anyways,” he turned to Myungsoo. “Where next?”

 

**

“Oppa…” you blurted.

“Mhm?” he warmly grinned at you.

“Why are you suddenly…this nice to me?”

Sungyeol just locked eyes with you.

“If you continue treating me like this…I might misunderstand you,” you admitted.

Sungyeol let out a genuine smile, “I don’t mind though…”

You blinked.

 “After all,” He locked eyes with you. “There’s nothing to be understood.”

His lips curled into an affectionate smile, and your heart began to race.