Chapter 3

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

 

“So,” you sighed. “What should I wear…”

You ruffled your hair in frustration as you still haven’t made up your mind. “Ugh,” you snapped. “I’ve changed like for four times already! I’m going to be late if I don’t—” Your tantrum got interrupted by the sound of your apartment’s doorbell.

“OTL! Myungsoo’s here already and I’m not yet…finished,” you jerked to the door and turned the knob open. 

“Hello~” Myungsoo greeted.

“Ya! I’m still not done!” You whined.

“Really?” He blinked. “Well, you look pretty though,” He winked.

“HAHAHA!” You let out a sarcastic chortle.

“Tch!” Myungsoo sneered. “What’s the fault in telling the truth…”

“Whatever,” you jokingly rolled my eyes. “Thank you anyways…” You said under your breath. He leaned in. “What?”

“I said, thank you.”

“What? I didn’t hear—” You smacked his head. “Ow!” He whimpered. 

“Believe me, I know you heard what I said clearly.” 

“But you didn’t have to hit me…” He pouted. “I was just teasing you…”

“I know,” you sighed. “I’m Sorry. Did it hurt though?”

“Obviously,” he rolled his eyes.

You sighed and cupped his cheeks. You tiptoed and softly kissed the part you harshly hit.

“There,” you let go. “Better?”

He shook his head. “You also hit me here,” he pointed to his lips. This time, you rolled your eyes and stepped on his foot. “Ow!” He cried.

“This time, I am not apologizing.” 

“Gosh you’re mean…” he frowned although deep down, he was overwhelming with joy. He was still ecstatic about the fact you’ve kissed his head.

“Anyways, wait here.” You ordered. “Wait for me, ‘kay? I’ll get done soon.” Myungsoo nodded.

You rushed back to your bedroom and looked at the mirror. 

“The outfit I’m wearing’s good enough. I’ll just fix my hair…” You nodded.

You grabbed your comb and fixed your hair. Afterwards, you plugged in your curling iron, and you slightly added curls and waves to your hair.  

After you finished, you ran back to your best friend.

 

“Hey! Sorry I took too much time…” you apologized.

Myungsoo looked at you stunned. Beautiful, he thought.

“It’s alright!” he smiled. You’ll always be worth the wait to him anyways.

“Oh! I remember that!" you squealed as your eyes landed on your yearbook in Myungsoo's hand. "Wow... It’s been so long since I opened that!” You blurted out to him, and he nodded.

“Yeah, Hahaha! Wanna go through the pictures together?” he offered. 

“Sure!” you beamed and sat down beside Myungsoo.


After a moment of laughter, you suddenly wore a straight face.

“Oppa…” You gazed fixedly at someone’s photo.

“Huh? Who?” Myungsoo giggled, but he stopped laughing as he followed your gaze.

“Oh,” was all he said.

You stared at the photo of a guy...

Yes, high school was when you first fell in love… All of those memories went back to you. How you met him and how he treated you well. He loved you, but just as his little dongsaeng. He was the first guy to inspire you… and he made your days brighter. He turned all your frowns upside down, and he made you feel like the happiest girl in the whole world! Despite all that however, your love for him was unrequited, and along with your first love was your first heart break. 

“Hey," Myungsoo softly looked at you with worried eyes. "We’re gonna be late.” He purposely changed the topic.

“Let’s just go already, alright?” He grinned at you and grabbed your hand. You nodded.

_____

:D