Cheating Chunji

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

 

What do I do? Myungsoo thought.

He definitely has to tell you about Chunji. He just really didn’t know how. You’ll get hurt if you know, and you’ll get hurt if he didn’t tell you. So, what should he do? How will he face you?

**

“Myungsoo-ah!”  You glomped him. He almost stumbled but he managed to balance. 

“Oh! ~~~~~~~-ah! HAHAHA!” He nervously laughed.

You blinked at him. You could sense ambivalence under his façade. “Is…everything alright?”

“Er…” He avoided your eyes. “So, you want to go to the park together?!”  He changed the topic and you raised an eyebrow. “Okay,” you shrugged.

Arm-in-arm, the both of you walked to the park.

Should I go tell her? Myungsoo pondered.

“Hey ~~~~~~~,” Myungsoo blurted as the both of you sat down the bench.

“Mhm?” You beamed at him but he quickly turned his head away from you. You blinked.

“About Chunji—“  “Don’t.” You cut his sentence off. “I don’t want to think about him too much. Let’s not talk about him, okay?”

“B-but…” his shoulders deflated. “Alright…”

Suddenly you felt a weight over your hand. You glanced over to see Myungsoo’s hand on top of yours. “~~~~~~~-ah,” he squeezed your hand. “Feel better, okay? Whatever happens…or whatever decision I make, always remember that I care for you, alright?” He smiled.

You looked at him with curious sad eyes. “Why are you suddenly saying things like this?” You tried your best to force a smile. “What do you mean?”

“I-I mean..” He looked away. “I-I was just saying.

You pulled your hand away from his. “Myungsoo-oppa,” you refrained from crying, and leaned your head on his shoulder. “Thank you…”

He felt his cheeks heat up. “F-for what?”

Everything,” you said briefly. “I don’t know what I’d do without you…”

Myungsoo’s heart leaped at your words. He was going to plant a kiss on your forehead, but he refrained himself. Instead, he comforted you by lightly patting your back. “Everything’s going to be alright…”

 

**

 

Meanwhile, Chunji was staring at the book Myungsoo dropped. “Who owns this?!” He asked frustrated.

Chunji opened the book and scanned through the pages. He wished for luck into finding the owner. Luckily, a library card fell. A smirk spread across Chunji’s face.

“Now,” he picked the card up. “Let’s see who—L?!” His eyes rounded. “M-myungsoo?”

Unconsciously, the card slipped away from his hand. “Oh gosh,” His heart raced in nervousness. “He-he’s probably the one who overheard me… I’m in trouble… W-what if he tells ~~~~~~~?!”

 Chunji gulped.

 

**

 

The next day, Sungyeol was wondering around the mall.

“Mhm,” he thoughtfully tapped his chin. “Which is better? A blackberry or an iPhone? Argh! If only I took better care of my previous phone…” He sighed.

 Later, he made up his mind and bought an iPhone. While walking around the mall, his eyes landed on a familiar figure. You.

Without hesitance, he raced to you. “Ya ~~~~~~~!” He ruffled your hair.

“Huh?” You looked up. “Oh! Sungyeol-oppa! What are you doing here?” You chuckled. 

“I bought a new phone,” he said holding out the paper bag.

“Ah,” you nodded. “That’s nice…”

“So,” he started. “Want to grab coffee together?”

“Sure,” you shrugged.

You and Sungyeol entered Starbucks.

As Sungyeol glances at you, he can’t help but think that you look more lady-like and mature. For him, you were no longer the cute innocent girl he thinks of as adongsaeng, but a beautiful lady who’s beautiful inside and out. In the midst of gazing at you, you glanced at him and smiled. Sungyeol quickly looked away as he felt his cheeks furiously heating up.

“So,” you cupped your hands around your hot drink. “How are you oppa?” You looked at him.

He blushed then cleared his throat. “I’m good…you?”

“I don’t even know,” you forced a laugh.

“Why so?” 

 

**

 

On the other hand, Chunji straightened his polo and pressed the doorbell. “Noona?” He called out.

Patricia raced to the door and greeted Chunji. “Hey Chunji,” she beamed. “So, where are you taking me this time?”

“Uhm,” he shrugged. “Depeneds. Where do you like?”

“Well, right now…A doughnut or ice cream shop would be good. We can go to a café too. That doesn’t sound bad.” She beamed.

“Okay then,” he held her hand. 

 

**

 

Chunji and his noona—Patricia went to the mall. After grabbing Krispy Kreme doughnuts, the both of them headed for Starbucks.

Chunji opened the door for Patricia. “You can grab a table,” he said. “I’ll go get your order.”

Patricia blushed. “How thoughtful,” she said as she pecked his lips. “Go order me Black Coffee.”

“Okay noona~” Chunji nodded.

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the story, you were still sipping coffee with Sungyeol.

Is it just me or I’m hearing Chunji’s voice, you thought.

Before your mood could get worse, you finished your Caramel Macchiato. “Oppa,” you blurted. “Let’s…go now.”

“Sure,” Sungyeol chuckled. “Why are you in a hurry though?”

“I’m not,” you fibbed.

Standing up, Sungyeol and you headed towards Starbuck’s exit.

 

“Noona,” Chunji cooed as he handed her her drink. “Did you wait long—“ Before Chunji could finish his sentence, his eyes rounded. He thought that he saw you with another man.

He squinted his eyes to get a better view.

“No way,” he said. “That is her!”

Just that, and he raced out to you.

Puzzled with Chunji’s abrupt action, Patricia blinked.

“Y-ya!” She yelled. “Chunji-ah! Jagiya!”  

Before she could scream some more people eyed her with irritated looks. Embarrassed, she then silently walked out the café with her drink.

 

Suddenly, someone grabbed your arm and abruptly turned you around. “Ya!” Chunji yelled at you. “Who’s that guy?!” He seemed furious. You tried to get your arm away from his grip.

“He’s Sungyeol-oppa,” you said as if it’s no big deal.

Sungyeol eyed Chunji and slapped his hand away from your arm. “Who are you? Stop it.”

“You,” he poked Sungyeol hard. “Who do you think you are?!”

Just when the situation could get any worse, Patricia appeared.

“Jagiya,” she called out to Chunji who grew further pale. “Why’d you leave me?!”

You raised an eyebrow at Chunji. You crossed your arms, “Jagiya?!” you said through gritted teeth.

Yes,” Patricia frostily said. “Jagiya. Why? You have a problem with that?” She raised an eyebrow at you.

You tried your best to keep your heart from breaking and your tears from streaming. You did your best to hide how hurt you are. “So,” you managed to fake a smile. “You’re Chunji’s …g-girlfriend?”

Patricia rolled her eyes. “Duh, what else would I be? Who are you anyways?! Why’re you asking so much questions?!”

Sungyeol saw how hurt you looked and wrapped an arm around you to console you. Before he could comfort you, you opened your mouth to speak.

“I’m ~~~~~~~,” you told Patricia and glared hard at Chunji. “I was just wondering how come he never introduced you to me.”

Sungyeol, Patricia, and you, were eyeing Chunji suspiciously. He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

“Haha…” he laughed nervously.

“Well,” you crossed your arms. “Aren’t you going to introduce her to me?” You dared.

He swallowed. “Er…Noona, this is ~~~~~~~, my friend. ~~~~~~~, this is my…noona.”

“Noona?” Patricia crossed her arms. “Are you sure?”

“…G-girlfriend,” Chunji corrected. “She’s my…girlfriend.” He avoided your eyes by all means, and he broke your heart.

 

Meanwhile, Myungsoo was wondering around the mall.

“Okay,” Myungsoo muttered. “So they aren’t in the ice cream shop… Coffee shop, maybe?”

Right now, Myungsoo was stalking Chunji and Patricia. As the best friend he was, he wanted to know if he was right or wrong about him cheating on you.

“So,” he started. “If I was on a date with ~~~~~~~, where would I be?” he snapped. “Aha! Starbucks!”

Without further thinking, he immediately raced to the café. His eyes rounded seeing the scene of you and Sungyeol, Chunji and Patricia.

“~~~~~~~!” He called. Immediately, all heads turned to him.

“Hey guys!” He tried to appear ecstatic despite the atmosphere. “What’s up?” Chunji glared at him.

“Oh,” you played along as well. “Nothing much, Myungsoo. Chunji was just introducing me to his girlfriend.” You said trying your best not to appear furious and nevertheless, hurt.

Myungsoo shot Chunji a death-glare.

“HAHAHA!!” Chunji laughed nervously. “Y-yeah…I was.” He swallowed.

“Ugh,” Patricia rolled her eyes. “Who’s this guy now?”

“Er…Myungsoo, this is Patricia…my girlfriend. Patricia, this is…Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo balled his hands into a tight fist. “So, if your girlfriend is Parisya—“

“It’s PATRICIA,” she interrupted.

“Yeah yeah,” Myungsoo shooed the thought away. “Like I care.”

“Anyways,” Myungsoo continued. “If that is your girlfriend, then what is ~~~~~~~ to you—“ you squeezed Myungsoo’s hand and shook your head.

“Don’t…” you held him back.

Myungsoo squeezed your hand back and leaned closer to you. “Don’t worry, I won’t embarrass you in front of him,” he smiled at you. “Do you trust me?”

Though you were puzzled, you still nodded.

Without hesitance, Myungsoo pressed his lips against yours…