Chapter 13

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

 

Thanks to Myungsoo, you’ve been forgetting about what has happened. Though there are still times when you end up glancing at Chunji, I guess we can still consider an improvement. Let’s face it, feelings are difficult to dissolve…so I guess nobody can blame you for still having a bit of feelings for him.

However, despite the slowly-fading-infatuation you have for Chunji, things are starting to go differently with Myungsoo now. Myungsoo, for you, has climbed up the ladder from just my friend to I want him to be more than just my friend. So basically, just as you’re starting to get over Chunji…you’re starting to fall for Myungsoo.

Is it wrong though?

Is it bad?

Is it odd that in the process of forgetting about what has happened, you’ve still managed to fall—and boy are you falling hard—for your best friend?

It’s only lately that you’ve come to realize how much he means to you, how much he has always been there for you and has always cared, and most of all…how much you mean to him. Living a life without your best friend, your “brother”, and your Myungsoo seems irrational now—almost unimaginable. It’d be hard living life without him and you simply don’t want to imagine that.

Having all these things recognized…you just couldn’t help but let your feelings for him go deep. You let yourself fall for your best friend.

 

“~~~~~~~-ah!” Myungsoo ran and slung an arm around your neck. You turned to face him and you thought of it as a big mistake. You ended up having your face an inch or two away from his and your heart just managed to almost leap out. Your eyes rounded.

“H-hey…Myungsoo-ah,” you awkwardly greeted with a face beet-red.

Myungsoo’s eyes scrutinized you, “You look…Why are you…red?”

You froze for a while and then emitted a choking sound…or a cough…or whatever. Is it possible to choke with your own saliva? “R-red? N-no! I guess… I guess… it’s—it’s because it’s …hot.” You fibbed.

Myungsoo glanced at the nearest window and caught sight of the pitter patters of water. The window was stained with rain drops. He glanced back at you and shot you a puzzled look. He was taken aback by your weird answer and was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, you’ve already lost your mind.

“But it’s raining,” his lips pressed into a thin line and his eyebrows creased, “how could it be…hot?”

Though he was hesitant at first, he placed one hand over your cheek and another on your forehead. “Are you not feeling well??” he asked in the most concerned kind of way. You felt the heat rush into your cheeks and you swallowed. There’s no escaping the heat that rushes into you whenever he’s around.

“N-no! I’m okay!!” You abruptly slapped his hands away from your face. “…Really.”

Myungsoo blinked as if refusing to believe. “Oh… alright then.” His eyes hovered on you for a while, then he finally spoke: “You’re acting weird these days though.”

Just that, and he ended up walking me to my next class. And it was a silent walk.