Chapter 15

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

 

Myungsoo’s eyes followed you as you rushed out of the room. The moment you were finally out of sight, he stood up. “Teacher,” he blurted.

“Yes, Mister Kim?”

“I...May I be excused as well?”

“Erm,” our teacher hesitated, “Sure? Just make it quick.”

“Thank you,” Myungsoo bowed then immediately followed after you.

Myungsoo searched for you thoroughly. He looked for you at the hallway, and at the girls’ restroom—don’t misunderstand him. He didn’t exactly peek like a ert, he just glanced and checked the stalls individually. After all, he was looking for you, not wondering what you may be doing (in the restroom, I mean)—but you weren’t anywhere there. Just when he was about to conclude that maybe you’ve already returned to the room, he guessed that you were probably downstairs. And he was right.

Myungsoo took a step closer to the staircase and heard mumbles. He went nearer the steps and brightened when he finally found you; the glint in his eyes, however, immediately faltered when he saw how you didn’t look well. You were sitting on the stairs looking bothered and that definitely didn’t make him happy.

“~~~~~~~,” he whispered.

Both your hearts stopped when you finally met each other’s eyes.

Myungsoo felt terrible looking at you. You looked surprised, terrified even. Your eyes were opened wide and your jaw was dropped open. Your face grew further pallid, and Myungsoo can’t help but think it was his fault you were feeling horrible.

Maybe you didn’t like him having feelings for you, he thought.

After finally letting go of all those pessimistic thoughts, Myungsoo finally managed to settle himself down. “Hey,” he said.

“M—myungsoo-ah,” you stuttered. “W-why—How? D-did you? I mean, How long have you been there?!”

“Just now,” he blinked, “…Why?”

“Oh,” she started to relax a bit, “really?”

“Yeah,” I shrugged.

“Oh, okay,” she murmured, nodding to herself. “Why…are you here then?” She smiled, locking her eyes with me, looking dazzling like usual.

 

“Uh…” Myungsoo gulped. He was speechless and tongue-tied because of those mesmerizing eyes of yours. You were definitely the biggest distraction that can be given to him.

You blinked at him and a crease began to form between your two eyebrows.  “Myungsoo?” you snapped him out of his daze.

“I,” he swallowed. It was him who looked pale this time. “Erm…we need to talk.”

Oh,” you blurted and turned your head away from him, “About w-what?”

“Us…”

“U-us?!”  Your eyes widened in shock. “I-I thought you weren’t—“

“It’s just that,” he interrupted, “you…you’re—you’re…”

“I’m what...?” you squeaked. 

“You…you’re acting awkward around me…” he looked away from your gaze, “lately.”

“Ah,” you nodded, unsure, “HAHA Awkward?! Psh! Noo! What are you talking about?!” You slapped his arm and continued faking a laugh. “I am not awkward! No way!”

Myungsoo blinked then scrutinized you. “It’s either you’re acting awkward or crazy these days…”

“Okay,” you settled down, “so that may have been quite awkward…”

“Quite?” He raised a brow. “Really? ‘quite awkward?’”

“Not ‘quite,’” You smiled and shook your head, “Really awkward.”

He smiled then gazed at you. “Can…you tell me why though?” he asked. “Is it…because you know something or because you’re…hiding something?”

‘It’s definitely hiding something,’ you thought, “like for example: right now. I’m hiding these feelings for you.’

“Er…what do you mean by I know something?” you said instead; and this time, it was him who looked nervous.

“Erm…Just…never mind?” He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. “Forget that I asked. I’ll…go back to class.”

You stared at him in disbelief. It looks like you aren’t the only one hiding things. Before he can really leave you, you stood up and grabbed his arm. “Don’t go yet,” you blurted, “I—I…I want you to stay and talk to me longer…” you whispered the last words.

He gazed at you and softly smiled. He placed his hand over yours and gave it a light squeeze. Your heart fluttered. “I’ll stay,” he ruffled you hair.

You flushed and nodded. “Myungsoo-ah,” you whispered.

“Mhm?”

“When…will you tell me who you like?”

“I’ll tell you. I promise.” He smiled. “It’s just that…now isn’t the right time.” He took your other hand and and led you nearer to your classroom. “Come on,” he said gently, “let’s go back to class.”

You squeezed his hands and nodded.

‘It’s a relief that he didn’t find out yet,’ you thought, ‘Myungsoo-ah, saranghae.’

You blushed when he squeezed your hands back.