Sungyeol-oppa

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

 

“~~~~~~~?!” His eyes widened at the recognition of your pretty face. “Oh my gosh! It is you!”

You froze. I can’t believe this, you thought.

“O-oppa…” you stuttered and the both of you stared right into each other’s eyes.

“I-I—How are you!?” He blurted. “I missed you! How long was it since I last saw you!?” He spread his arms wide asking for a hug. Naturally, you stepped forward and he wrapped his arms around you. Tightly. “Dongsaeng-ah, you’ve changed! Aigoo~ You look so lady-like!”

You flushed at his words and reluctantly pulled away from the hug. “…Thank you,” you softly said.

He ruffled your hair. “Gosh, I missed you.” He laughed and you flashed him a shy smile.

“Aigoo,” he pinched your cheek. “I’m so glad to see you again…” he blurted.

“Yeah,” you bit your lip. “Same here…”

“So,” you blurted. “How are you? …and your girlfriend?” You forced a smile.

Oh,” he grew smitten. “We…broke up.”

“M-mwo?! It seemed impossible for the both of you to break up back then!! I can’t belie—”

“Yeah,” he interrupted. “I thought that way too… However, when we went together to France,  she ended up meeting French guys, and…it didn’t work out between us anymore. So, yeah, we broke up…”

“I’m sorry…I didn’t know.” You lowered your head.

“It’s fine,” he smiled softly and your hair gently. “You didn’t know anyways…and so did I.”

“Ya! Sungyeol!” Someone suddenly called out.

“Yeah?” Sungyeol turned his head.

“Hurry back!” He demanded.  Sungyeol let out a snicker but eventually nodded, “Okay, just go wait! Don’t miss me too much!” He teased.

“Whatever.” Hoya laughed. “We just need someone to pay for our drinks that’s all!”

“Your friends?” You mused.

Sungyeol nodded, “Yeah… They’re my crazy friends.”

You giggled.

“~~~~~~~,” someone placed his hand on your shoulder.

You turned, “Myungsoo-ah! Look! It’s—”

“Hy-hyung…” Abrubtly, Myungsoo’s smile dropped.

“L! Wow! You’ve gotten so good-looking! ” Sungyeol smiled.

“…Thank you,” Myungsoo flashed him a small smile.

Sungyeol’s eyes trailed from you, to Myungsoo, and to his hand on yourshoulder.

“Er… Are you guys finally …dating?”  He forced a smile.  Myungsoo blushed beet-red and hid his face.

“Huh? Oh no!” You waved the idea away. “My boyfriend’s Chunji.. but he isn’t here…”  You defended.  Myungsoo’s smile faded.

“Oh, okay.” Sungyeol smiled. Somehow, he felt a little lighter. He felt slightly relieved.

“Ya!” Hoya yelled. “Sungyeol! Hurry!!”

Sungyeol’s shoulders deflated. “Fine!” He grumbled.

“Sorry ~~~~~~~-ah,”Sungyeol pouted. “I have to go. My friends are calling me.”

“Er… It’s fine.” You smiled. “Go ahead. Bye…”

“It was nice seeing you again…” He said as he gently ran his fingers through your hair. Myungsoo grew some-what possessive and immediately cleared his throat.

“Er… Right.” Sungyeol immediately went back to his senses. “You too L… Uhm, it was nice to see you again. Do continue taking care of my dongsaeng, neh?” He patted Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Anyways,” He turned his attention back to you. “I’ll get going now, bye! ” Just that, and he finally ran back to his friends. 

 

++

 

Meanwhile, Myungsoo was feeling rather disappointed. The fact that ~~~~~~~’s first love is now back and single, made his smile drop immediately. He has been in love with his best friend for years. Though, it was actually alright for him to watch you love someone else, it didn’t mean that he didn’t feel hurt. Deep down, hiding how he truly felt for you killed him in the inside. However, seeing you smile everyday kept him going. You were the source of both his sadness and joy.

“Ya,” Myungsoo lightly nudged you.

“Hmm?”

“Do you…still like him?” He asked reluctantly.

“Huh?!” Your eyes widened. “Er…no! No! I just…missed him. That’s all…”

“Right,” he nodded. “Okay…”

Without you expecting it, Myungsoo abruptly sat down. He looked rather ‘drained’. His expression seemed sullen to you.

“Myungsoo-ah,” you blinked then closed the mere distance between the both of you. “You don’t look well,” you placed your hand on top of his forehead. Your touch sent his spine shivers, and his stomach butterflies.

“I-I’m alright,” He slapped your hand away from him as he felt his cheeks heating up.

“You sure?” You blinked.

“Mmm,” he nodded and cleared his throat. “Let’s just go back…”

“Okay then,” you softly smiled. “Let’s go?” you held out your hand. Without thinking twice, Myungsoo grabbed it and the both of you returned to the party hand in hand.

This is why being her best friend is enough, Myungsoo thought as his lips curled upwards into a genuine smile.