On CAP's birthday

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

“It’s good to be back.” The guy exhaled. He grabbed his phone and started dialing his friend’s number.

 “Ya,” he said. “Hoya! Where are you?”

“Oh! You’re back!?” Hoya exclaimed on the other end of the line. “How was France dude?! Was it nice there? You should’ve brought me with you! “

“Yeah, I’m back. Obviously,” the guy snickered. “I just arrived here in Incheon. France was great and all, but I lost my girlfriend… We broke up.”

“Aw… It’s alright! We’ll always be here for you!”

“Thanks…” the guy forced a smile. “Er… Why is it so noisy there by the way? Oh. And you still haven’t answered my question. Where are you?”

“In Hongdae Club!” Hoya exclaimed. “Ya! Since you and your  girlfriend broke up, why don’t you… Go clubbing with us?! There’d be chicks!” He winked.

“Sure,” he agreed. “I’ll just follow… Right after I unpack my things…”

“That’d be great!” Hoya beamed. “I’ll go tell the others. See you soon dude!”

++

“Oh hyung! Happy Birthday!”  Chunji greeted CAP.

” Chunji!” He gave him a Hi-5 and pulled him into a man hug. “You’re finally here!” CAP grinned then looked around. “Where’s ~~~~~~~ by the way? In the ladies’ room?”

“Oh. Uhm, we didn’t go here together… ” Chunji replied. “I’ll just go wait for her by the entrance. Oh, and here’s your gift by the way.” He tossed CAP his present. 

“Damn!”  CAP smirked. “Thanks dude! You sure saved some money!”

“You’re welcome,” Chunji laughed then finally walked away.

He walked around the club looking and waiting for you to finally arrive.

I wonder what’s taking them so long, he thought.

After several paces, he finally decides to sit down. He pulled out his iPhone and began texting. 

His pressing of ‘buttons’ were interrupted by the girl behind him. She lightly tapped his right shoulder.

“Is this seat taken?”  She asked.

Chunji  stopped texting and turned his attention to the familiar-looking lovely lady.

“Huh? Oh! Oh my gosh! It’s you!” He exclaimed. “Oh,” he cleared his throat. “I mean, we’ve met before…right?”

 She giggled. “Yeah, we’ve met. I’m Patricia by the way,” she held her hand out, and Chunji shook it. “It’s nice to meet you again, Chunji.”

“Wow,” he grew flattered. “We only met each other once, yet you remembered my name…” He blushed. “So, are you here for a reason?”

Patricia shrugged, “Er…not really. I just went clubbing for fun. You?”

“Er… Same here. I just went out for …fun.” Chunji lied denying the fact that he was here for CAP and his girlfriend.

Several minutes passed and both Chunji and Patricia were enjoying themselves. In the midst of their conversation, however, you and Myungsoo finally arrived.

“And I was like—“

“Oh, Patricia!” Chunji interrupted.

“Hmm?” She threw him a puzzled look.

“I have to—I mean… do you want to go somewhere else?” He blurted.

“Sure!” Patricia beamed. “Where? “

“Er… anywhere. Let’s just walk around the open park area…” I suggested. “It’s still open…”

“Oh, then sure!” She held his hand. 

I can’t believe I’m ditching my girlfriend and best friends, Chunji thought.

++

“Happy Birthday CAP-oppa!” You threw your arms around him.

“Omo! ~~~~~~~-ah! Thank you!” He patted your back and then you withdrew from the hug.

“Hey,” Myungsoo bowed. “…Happy Birthday.”

“And…you must be, ~~~~~~~’s best friend!”

Myungsoo nodded.  “I’m Myungsoo, but you can call me L.”

CAP grinned. “Nice to finally meet you,” they shared a hi-5.

“You too…” Myungsoo smiled shyly.

“Hey guys!” CAP called out to his friends. “~~~~~~~’s here!”

Immediately, four guys started to walk your way.

 “Noona~!” Ricky cooed.

“Hey, Ricky!” You ruffled his hair.

“Who’s …he?” He blinked at Myungsoo.

“He’s my bestest friend!” You exclaimed as you slid your arm around Myungsoo’s and rested your head on his shoulder.

“Er… Hey. It’s nice to meet you. I think.” Myungsoo mumbled the last two words.

You raised an eyebrow at him. “Tsk! Why you so shy?” You pouted.

“Am not,” he denied. “Whatever,” you rolled your eyes at him.

“Oh,” you perked up. “Hey there Ljoe!”

“Hey,” he nodded.

“Annyeong ~~~~~~~-ah!” Niel flashed you his signature smile.

“Noonar~” Changjo flashed you a grin. “Hello!”

“Hello, you two.” You beamed at them. “Er…uhm, where’s Chun—“

“Chunji?” All of them chorused.

You smiled and nodded sheepishly. “Yeah…”

“Oh,” Niel beamed. “He went looking for you.”

“Yeah,” Chanjo nodded. “He’s over—uhm…he’s somewhere…” Changjo’s eyes searched around the club and hoped that he would soon spot your boyfriend.

Ricky pointed out to the bar area and said, “Well, all I know is that hyung was there earlier…”

“Ya,” Niel nudged Ljoe. “Where’s Chunji?”

“I don’t know,” he shrugged. “All I know is that he went looking for ~~~~~~~~, then he ended up ditching us.”

You grew smitten because of Ljoe’s words. “What made you say that? Chunji won’t ditch us…”

“Well,” Ljoe sighed. “Chunji texted me earlier. He said that he’ll be leaving first. And, yeah, he wanted me to take care of you—but I don’t have to since…Mr. Best friend is here,” he glanced at Myungsoo.

“Let me read the text.” You blurted.

“Er… okay.” Ljoe blinked. He inserted his hand into his pocket and took out his phone. He entered the pass code and scrolled down his inbox. He opened Chunji’s message and handed his phone over to you.

From Chanhee

Ya Byunghun-ah! I’ll leave earlier than expected. I just …I’ll get going now. Tell CAP-hyung happy birthday for me once more! Oh! And take care of my girlfriend, please?

You grew disappointed reading his text. “Thank you…” you returned Ljoe his phone and pursed your lips.

“Myungsoo-ah,” you turned to your best friend. “I’ll just go to the comfort room first…” You notified.

“Sure…” he scrutinized your disappointed face. “I’ll be waiting for you…Be careful…”

You walked away.

As you were making your way to the ladies room, random thoughts kept clouding up in your head.

It’s weird how Chunji left without personally saying good bye to me, you thought. Deep down, you just can’t help but think that he ditched you.

“Maybe he just had an emergency,” you murmured to yourself. “I’m probably just thinking too much. He just—oof!” You ended up stumbling into someone’s arms.

“S-sorry!” You flushed beet-red as you immediately withdraw from him. “I-I didn’t mean to.” You bowed. “Mianhamnida!”

You heard the guy laugh. “It’s fine, “ he beamed. “Just be more careful next time. You’re lucky you didn’t bump into someone temperament.” He teased.

Before you knew it, your lips curled into a small smile. “Ne,” you nodded. “I’ll be more careful.”

“Good then,” he said.

You looked up to him to give him an apologetic smile, but to your surprise…your heart leaped at the familiar face you saw instead.

“~~~~~~~?!” His eyes widened at the recognition of your pretty face. “Oh my gosh! It is you!”

You froze. I can’t believe this, you thought.

Right now, the handsome guy in front of you was your first love. He was your one and only, Sungyeol-oppa.